• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this after the deed is loaded on your account?

That sucks.... did you say the magic words - "I really want to book a room at my home resort and the dates we are looking at are just outside of the 7 month booking window and I'd love to use my home resort priority before I no longer have that window and can loose the room I want"

The first MS rep who helped me pretty much coached me to say that (they implied that that is the magic statement that makes them want to load them within 24 hours after they load the deed). They weren't able to help me that first day, but were able to help the following day.

Edit - if you just closed/recorded than you should be able to get your points in 3 to 4 weeks using the above approach....
The issue right now isn't loading points to your contract, it's getting the contract assigned to your member number (or a new member number created) in the first place. It's a Member Administration issue, not a Member Services issue.

Nope they're saying this is everyone right now.
This is very discouraging. Of course, if they don’t offer APs in the next couple of months I’ll be cancelling 2 of our trips in the next year anyway and won’t need to hurry up and book. Hope this is an overestimate in your case

Baaaahahahaha her supervisor just got back to her and quoted 6-8 weeks.
But we all know the trade-offs. You certainly can’t get white card prices buying direct, nor can you get the speed of loaded direct points buying resale. That’s the system, no doubt by design. But ”back in the old days” of April 2020, my first CCV resale contract passed in a week and a half!

Jjvette68---$134-$32933-225-AKV-Dec-8/21, 225/22, 225/23- sent 6/26, taken 8/2

I also had a previous contract taken (Below since thread is closed for the previous quarter). Submitted another offer toda, maybe third times a charm.

Jjvette68---$134-$36549-250-AKV-Dec-243/21, 250/22, 250/23- sent 5/24, taken 6/28

Last edited:
Heyyyy..1st time posting. Looking for some help. We just found out we passed ROFR today. Closing could be in 3 to 4 weeks. Our use year is Feb and we have 55 pts from 2022. How do we bank our points for 2023 if the cut off is September and it's taking 6 to 8 weeks to even get the points in my account

Heyyyy..1st time posting. Looking for some help. We just found out we passed ROFR today. Closing could be in 3 to 4 weeks. Our use year is Feb and we have 55 pts from 2022. How do we bank our points for 2023 if the cut off is September and it's taking 6 to 8 weeks to even get the points in my account
You can ask the seller to bank them now for you.

Things to keep in mind:

• One time use points can only be purchased to complete a reservation booking.
  • One time use points can only be purchased for reservations in the 7-month booking window.
  • One time use points are not eligible for purchase to complete reservations during your Home Resort priority.

Things to keep in mind:

• One time use points can only be purchased to complete a reservation booking.
  • One time use points can only be purchased for reservations in the 7-month booking window.
  • One time use points are not eligible for purchase to complete reservations during your Home Resort priority.
Ohhhh. Can you book at 11 months them at 7 months modify the dates and buy points?

I was just thinking that I hadn’t seen you buy a new contract in a while. :rotfl:
I feel like I should have offered even lower as the seller was quick to accept, but they’re paying MFs so it’s still decently priced for a small contract, and should hopefully pass ROFR. Though given my oldest is heading to college, maybe I should hope it doesn’t pass, lol.

Ohhhh. Can you book at 11 months them at 7 months modify the dates and buy points?
I was able to modify a reservation last year to buy points, but I don’t know if that was an exception or not. But that was a post 7 month reservation. I’m pretty sure you can’t do this with an 11-month reservation as bought points won’t have a home priority.

The issue right now isn't loading points to your contract, it's getting the contract assigned to your member number (or a new member number created) in the first place. It's a Member Administration issue, not a Member Services issue.
This seems crazy. My first VGC only took about 2 to 3 weeks to go from closing/recording to points in account. Did they cut staff in the past week or two or is everyone sick or on vacation......

This seems crazy. My first VGC only took about 2 to 3 weeks to go from closing/recording to points in account. Did they cut staff in the past week or two or is everyone sick or on vacation......
Something is going on because I feel for the people who have to wait after they have closed and had the deed recorded. Back in May my contract was showing up 10 days after the deed was recorded and got the points loaded the day after. I know the pain of waiting for ROFR lately, but if I get another one to pass, I know I'll be in a long wait myself based on what others are reporting today. I get time to load the contract and points, but if you have to wait a month or two for that, it's nuts in my opinion.

AWESOME - I've been stalking BCV, hoping to see below $160
That's encouraging!!
Where did you see that -- All the sites I check are still showing 170+ for BCV, for most listings.
I got BCV for $150 and $145 pp on March and April. Both March uy when with full 2022 points. One had full 2021 points the order had 75% is 2021 points. If you look at April-June thread quote a few were under $155.

Thank you!!

I'm not so sure, but in 26 years I've never lost a contract to ROFR (as a buyer). If I counted right we're at 19 resales. DVC has taken 4 in ROFR (as the seller). We got lots of deals early in covid and flipped most of them (2042's) in the past year.

Buy loaded at a deal, better yet buy *twins*, rent expiring points, use a couple years points, strip and sell at a profit. Rinse and repeat. Crazy, sure, but we've done better with DVC than our 401K as of late!
I’m new at this but I’ve successfully flipped a SSR this year after owning it for 4 months. I didn’t plan it but I sold it to buy BWV.

My goal is to buy a couple at the end of the year without paying 2022 dues.

I’m new at this but I’ve successfully flipped a SSR this year after owning it for 4 months. I didn’t plan it but I sold it to buy BWV.

My goal is to buy a couple at the end of the year without paying 2022 dues.
Right...the first one is an accidental success and then you start looking based on why the first one worked! :teacher: Congratulations!

A point is a point is a point, so even if you are buying/selling the same resort it doesn't matter much IMO. There is a cost to buying and selling, however if the free points (loaded contract/$18 PP rental) cover costs and you have points in your bucket for your trip. Sell it stripped, pay your taxes (on rentals and then gains) and move on. It's always been a win (for us) and then proceeds from that contract pays for the next. Cost of a stay is pretty much MF's or less if you clear a profit. Sweet!

We stumbled upon this concept when we picked up twin 50/50 VBR contracts at around $50 PP and then realized the market was up and sold for $89 PP, separately. It was a no brainer as we could easily rebuy similar points or better.

We've bought cheap during downturns and had time to take trips, watch prices rise and sell when we feel we are at/near the top. At this point, we usually have enough contracts to keep us in points until we snag another. The slow ROFR process is a drag which is why we just went out of the DVC market for a contract...

We recently bought ($200 net) a Wyndham Bonnet Creek which gives us about two weeks/year for $1200/yr MF's. Now we have *insurance* to stretch our 500 or so points regardless of what we sell.

Two 40 point AKV's will land in our account in the next couple weeks and help refill the point bucket for 2022/2023. We sent a nice, loaded OKWE to ROFR this week and hope it makes it through. These are keepers. I have at least one more 2042 to sell in the near future and a couple more perhaps next year which are not keepers. If we have to wait it out, no problem as we didn't pay much for any of those contracts and we get to use the points in the interim. It works for us. YMMV.

:bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter