ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be aware, at least what I was told is that MS only has access to things once the shell is showing in your account and where you are in the process of having points loaded. They do not have access to where you are in the process with MA to get the new contracts added to your membership..

Or, was this an email you got from MA? In that case, that is odd.
I contacted MA first, then they kicked me to MS, and this came from MS.

I contacted MA first, then they kicked me to MS, and this came from MS.

Then it is odd because last year when I was waiting on my RIV resale to load, I emailed MA and they responded with the info of when they receive my paperwork (deed recorded) and how many days it had been and the standard, it can take up to X weeks to have the contract show up....and it did take the length of time they had estimated in that email.

Once it showed up, then I was referred to MS for point loading....I'd be frustrated too that MA punted you back to MS who has nothing to do with getting the contract loaded into your account.

…and my $172 Aug 110pt BLT seller pays closing sent 7/1 was taken?!?
The ROFR lady is high 🥴
Not to minimize the sting and also seeing the update that @Enticethemoose was an international seller, but I love that we now have someone specific to blame aka "The ROFR Lady" instead of some anonymous department of possible drunken monkeys. I'm going to hang on to the belief that she throws darts though.

Just to be aware, at least what I was told is that MS only has access to things once the shell is showing in your account and where you are in the process of having points loaded. They do not have access to where you are in the process with MA to get the new contracts added to your membership..

Or, was this an email you got from MA? In that case, that is odd.

I received this email at 1:27 PM, Pacific on 7/27 from MA:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We would like to congratulate you on your new Membership contract purchase and will be happy to assist you further.

Keep in mind that the resale process from beginning to end may take some time for completion. Once you have received your new contract details and are able to view the contract online at DisneyVacationClub.com it shouldn't be too much longer before you see the Vacation Points available for use.

As a courtesy we have checked into the status of the Vacation Points for you and at this time they are still in process. We invite you to check back online at DisneyVacationClub.com periodically for updates. Once the Vacation Points are available they will be loaded into the account for you, and at that time you will be able to access them online. Should you prefer you may reach out to us here at Member Service by phone, email, or chat online at DisneyVacationClub.com periodically for updates. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as it can take 4-6 weeks for the Vacation Points to be loaded into the membership after the contract closing date.

Once again we congratulate you on your new Membership and look forward to assisting you with planning your Magical Vacations year after year!

At 6:30 AM Pacific, on 7/28, the contract was showing on my dashboard (it may have been there earlier, but that's when I looked). MS never saw it until I entered chat that morning asking to get my points loaded.

I received this email at 1:27 PM, Pacific on 7/27 from MA:

At 6:30 AM Pacific, on 7/28, the contract was showing on my dashboard (it may have been there earlier, but that's when I looked). MS never saw it until I entered chat that morning asking to get my points loaded.
Pretty similar to mine from MA last year except mine said to reach out to MS for updates once I got the email saying the contract was loaded.

Not to minimize the sting and also seeing the update that @Enticethemoose was an international seller, but I love that we now have someone specific to blame aka "The ROFR Lady" instead of some anonymous department of possible drunken monkeys. I'm going to hang on to the belief that she throws darts though.
The ROFR Lady...

Attachments

• only-a-true-pixar-fan-will-be-able-to-sneak-out-o-2-18591-1501798380-4_dblbig.jpg
    only-a-true-pixar-fan-will-be-able-to-sneak-out-o-2-18591-1501798380-4_dblbig.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4

Are you sure it was YOUR DVC guide? This happened to us for the first time in July, but it wasn't my guide, it was the guide who was going to be onboard the ship. We also had the DVC magnets waiting for us on our stateroom door, which we aren't supposed to get as resale-only members.
Uh yeah, pretty sure considering he used the same first name as our guide who calls us every once in a while. Voice sounded familiar too.

I think there needs to be some kind of recourse against DVD for their obscene processing times on resale contracts. I've owned my interest in Aulani for weeks. It's mine. It legally belongs to me. Yet Disney is making it impossible to use what's mine by dragging their feet. I have distressed points that are going to expire and availability between now and then is basically zero.

This is the last time I buy a loaded contract. There's too much risk that your seller, your broker, your title company, Disney, or a combination of all four completely screw you on the timeline and you end up setting hundreds of points on fire.
They want to make resale as painful as possible to push you towards direct. I am not surprised they're making it even more painful.

I don’t believe I said anything like that.

I’m just not particularly interested in having my guide call me unless I’ve asked for it. What would I gain from that?
You made it sound as if it would upset you if they called out of the blue.

You would never know what you have to gain if they never called you. That's the point. Perhaps they would have some news, info, or something useful to you.

I hate anyone calling me ever 😜. My guide called me for the first time in years late July to tell me I could add on to my AKV contract and get extra points for my august use year if I acted now. For the low price of $200 pp.

If there’s something new, email me.

My g
So I had something interesting occur yesterday and I'm wondering if others had similar experiences. My DVC guide called me out of the blue and asked about the DCL cruise we're going on soon. He said that he saw we were slated to go and wanted to know if there is anything he could assist us on with DVC.

I'm guessing he used the cruise as an excuse to call us and wish us on our way, but that makes me wonder what other things DVC guides see linked to your account or name. Resort stays? Future trips? Any of your Disney plans? ROFR data?

Makes me think that there's more to this whole "system" than we see here and a lot of this is somehow linked. That may sound like a conspiracy theory, but it does make you wonder.

As a sidenote, a couple of years ago, we stayed at VGF and loved it, so we put in for VGF resale. Had three contracts taken in a row before we gave up. Did they know we stayed there and were pushing us towards direct?
My guide called us right before we left for Aulani.

I think there needs to be some kind of recourse against DVD for their obscene processing times on resale contracts. I've owned my interest in Aulani for weeks. It's mine. It legally belongs to me. Yet Disney is making it impossible to use what's mine by dragging their feet. I have distressed points that are going to expire and availability between now and then is basically zero.

This is the last time I buy a loaded contract. There's too much risk that your seller, your broker, your title company, Disney, or a combination of all four completely screw you on the timeline and you end up setting hundreds of points on fire.
That’s exactly how I lost 160 AKV points - RIP.

I purchased a loaded contract this past spring. The timeline moved much slower than my previous contract and after numerous calls and emails to my guide, I finally was able to get the contract to show on my account and after a day or so I called MS and had points loaded. I had 200 expiring points to use in less than 6 weeks. It looked as if there was little to no availability with the exception of a day here and there. I posted the points for sale for a very fair price and started checking for cancellations and availability and I was able to rent all my points in a matter of days. I checked early in the morning and late at night and rooms sometimes magically appeared. So if your points expire 11/30 you still have time. Have faith. I was frustrated and annoyed just like you, but it did work out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter