ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed ROFR with Mason and https://dvcsales.com/ on June 27, signed docs on June 29, and closed yesterday.
200.gif

Slightly off topic, but the FedEx 2-day thing bugs me. DVC does it, and so do several of the title companies. Standard overnight is around $32, whereas 2-day is about $22. With the money you spend on a DVC purchase, an extra $10 isn’t going to make any difference. What WILL make a difference is if you drop that 2-day off at FedEx Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.

Do you mean the title companies and DVD use 2 day and not 1 day and it is what bothers you?

Do you mean the title companies and DVD use 2 day and not 1 day and it is what bothers you?
Yeah, of all the things to try and save a few bucks on, while adding all sorts of other questionable fees and costs, going 2-day to save ten bucks just seems silly. I literally never see anyone else use 2-day service on a FedEx envelope. Packages, sure, but envelopes? Never.

I'm sorry, I know this has been answered a million times, but I can't seem to find it on any of the past forums. What is the typical turn time from passing ROFR to signing documents? We are using Mason Title, and a non board sponsor company for the purchase. They quoted 3-4 weeks for them to verify no other trips have been planned using points and for document prep, but that seems like an awfully long time. Thank you for humoring me!
We passed ROFR 5/27 and Mason sent us the final documents 6/14. We had the money in our account within days of sending it back. I never expected it so fast.

I passed ROFR on 15 June, received documents same day and returned them same day, stupidly sent the funds straight away too and now I am still waiting for the seller to return the documents 🤦‍♀️ It’s an international seller (and I’m an international buyer) so hoping it’s because they’ve had to get the documents notarized and send them back physically in the post (whereas I only had to do an electronic signature online as I wasn’t financing the purchase) but still it’s been 3 weeks and I’ve had no update from Cammy at Mason Title even though I sent her an email asking for an update

Really hope there’s no issues, also wish I hadn’t sent the money so promptly!!

I passed ROFR on 15 June, received documents same day and returned them same day, stupidly sent the funds straight away too and now I am still waiting for the seller to return the documents 🤦‍♀️ It’s an international seller (and I’m an international buyer) so hoping it’s because they’ve had to get the documents notarized and send them back physically in the post (whereas I only had to do an electronic signature online as I wasn’t financing the purchase) but still it’s been 3 weeks and I’ve had no update from Cammy at Mason Title even though I sent her an email asking for an update

Really hope there’s no issues, also wish I hadn’t sent the money so promptly!!
Different title company, but we also had a long delay waiting for seller to return their closing docs. In our case, there were multiple owners on the deed and the sellers needed separate sets of documents to get individually notarized, etc (possibly don't reside close to each other?), for closing. Something I never thought about factoring into the timeline before.

I would guess, most buyers of resale have no idea they should hold their check unless they read this thread. Addonitis will hit soon, so now you know LOL!

:cheer2:
This is already my 5th contract, 2 direct and 3 resale! My other 2 resale have moved really fast and as I’m an international buyer my money transfer can sometimes take longer than if I was in the US so I like to be prompt so as not to hold up the purchase. I’m buying 2 contracts at the moment, one the seller returned the contracts the same day they were issued same as me so closing was delayed a few days by my money taking it’s sweet time to cross the pond! So I didn’t want that to happen with this contract too but I guess I didn’t factor in the slow speed of an international seller

I'm sorry, I know this has been answered a million times, but I can't seem to find it on any of the past forums. What is the typical turn time from passing ROFR to signing documents? We are using Mason Title, and a non board sponsor company for the purchase. They quoted 3-4 weeks for them to verify no other trips have been planned using points and for document prep, but that seems like an awfully long time. Thank you for humoring me!
Passed ROFR May 26. Didn’t receive documents until June 13. Sellers had there back June 16. We returned ours June 25. Contract closed today.

Take comfort in knowing you’re working with the fastest of the title companies. Hands down. It’s not even a close race.

I now see the appeal of buying BCV even if it's a 2042 resort when owners are trying to rent out reservations for $36/pt on FB! :rotfl2:
Most of the time people are happy with at least 20% off Disney’s discounted rate.I’ve seen many brokers renting reservations at that price point.

Nope. Estimated close date July 14.
That's interesting. I didn't even make an offer on my contract until May 29th (3 days after you cleared ROFR), so my approximate anticipated closing date should have been two or three weeks after you, yet my projected close date has always been July 12, two days before yours. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter