ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was sent August 11th so I still have time to wait but I’m just wondering if the answer is no if I should just drop it for now. I had told myself that it would be a sign but this kind of thing happens all the time in real estate and if it’s a sign, it’s really just a sign that that particular contract wasn’t the right one! I also don’t know if I could handle starting over again at this point. I just keep thinking, “Not today, 2020! You’re not taking this DVC contract from me!” 😂

I just got a message from my broker. She says she heard from Disney today and that it would be “mid next week” before we hear back. :smooth:
Why would disney wait till next week if they've already seen it?
Really seems like they drag out this process on purpose just to frustrate resale buyers.
Should not take long at all to figure out ROFR imo and they drag their feet on purpose just to frustrate us.

We've just found out. Disney have exercised their ROFR. We knew they would. It was a low offer. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. We'll take stock and decide what we want to do over the next week or so. I really hope @HockeyMomNH has more luck.
Booo. I have been hoping for a similar “deal”.

Why would disney wait till next week if they've already seen it?
Really seems like they drag out this process on purpose just to frustrate resale buyers.
Should not take long at all to figure out ROFR imo and they drag their feet on purpose just to frustrate us.

What I have read is that contracts go through a few reviews with different people or teams.

And, right now, they still don’t have all employees back. Many departments are have bulk of employees on furlough.

While it is frustrating, I don’t think they hold on purpose, but it also sounds like right now, they are being more picky on what gets through and snatching things up for direct sales.

What I have read is that contracts go through a few reviews with different people or teams.

And, right now, they still don’t have all employees back. Many departments are have bulk of employees on furlough.

While it is frustrating, I don’t think they hold on purpose, but it also sounds like right now, they are being more picky on what gets through and snatching things up for direct sales.
I would think ROFR is the easiest thing you could do remotely etc.
Since buy back I think they have been fairly predictable. Sub 98 SSR. OKW non extended. and low price VGF. then mix in a few random low outliers.

Just heard back, PASSED! Knew it would since it was CCV, but the wait still isn't fun.

PaulW08---$148-$9992-60-CCV@WL-Dec-60/19, 120/20, 60/21- sent 7/24, passed 9/3

Still waiting our AKV. Only on day 14. I am actually worried about this one passing:
PaulW08---$100-$17279-160-AKV-Dec-0/19, 189/20, 160/21-seller splits MF 20- sent 8/20

I have a $103 AKL in right too 🤞🏼

celicapix---$95-$23333-230-SSR-Jun-0/19, 117/20, 230/21, 230/22- sent 8/4

Hoping that if I finally post this and stop lurking I will hear something soon. I just want to know if I need to make a plan B.

Mine was sent for AKV on 8/4 as well. Hoping we both hear something soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter