ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m only at 19 days waiting and I find myself checking this board daily to see if I can get any clues on mine! Haha 😆. What’s the average? 30? Hubby and I are already daydreaming of trips we can take once it (hopefully) goes through

I’m only at 19 days waiting and I find myself checking this board daily to see if I can get any clues on mine! Haha 😆. What’s the average? 30? Hubby and I are already daydreaming of trips we can take once it (hopefully) goes through
I’m day 38 today. $102 for 130 point loaded contract so hoping I might sneak through 🤞
Good luck to both of you 🍀

I had 2 contracts taken yesterday (Thursday) by Disney through ROFR after 51 days. SSR 255 points, March UY, 2020 had 510 points $89pp and Vero 350 points, March UY, 2020 had 471 points $60pp, no dues until 2021.

Copied and pasted from facebook. Also stated that another broker said 9 buy backs the same day.
Was that all on 8/20 too

I had 2 contracts taken yesterday (Thursday) by Disney through ROFR after 51 days. SSR 255 points, March UY, 2020 had 510 points $89pp and Vero 350 points, March UY, 2020 had 471 points $60pp, no dues until 2021.

Copied and pasted from facebook. Also stated that another broker said 9 buy backs the same day.

Very sorry to hear... I thought Disney only had 30 days to (officially) to exercise ROFR. 51 days just seems unacceptable.

If they hadn’t jumped the price on copper creek I certainly would have bought direct there. For over $200 pp?! Get outta here. 😂
Same here! When I was ready to buy a year and a half ago, they had just raised the price of copper creek otherwise I would've bought direct there first too.

Today hits my 30 day mark im starting to get so nervous as I've seen some 150 a point contracts get taken from GFV recently. Do I reach out to my broker to try and get an update or just wait it out?

Rstiv---$155-$26834-160-VGF-Jun-28/19, 160/20, 160/21- sent 7/24

I emailed my broker a little past 30 days and was just told that Disney is averaging 40 days and to keep waiting but that I should hear back hopefully this week. Mine was sent on 7/15.

I'm at 40 days today ...

I emailed my broker a little past 30 days and was just told that Disney is averaging 40 days and to keep waiting but that I should hear back hopefully this week. Mine was sent on 7/15.

I'm at 40 days today ...

Got it that's kind of what I figured this is rough :guilty:. Good luck with yours!

The 30 days comes from the wording that Disney has until the closing date to opt for Right of First Refusal and that Disney must be notified at least 30 days prior to closing. The problem is most contracts as written give DIsney more than 30 days to decide. My contract for example says closing must be complete 90 days from the date of the contract, meaning Disney still has another 50 days to decide if they want.

Our agent told us that the 30 days is a general rule and not a hard and fast rule. We waited 35 days in July to hear that disney wanted to take our SSR contract we were trying to buy. No title companies will close without having gone through ROFR and receiving an Estoppel on the account (indicating that the account is free and clear of back dues). I think that is why the contracts are usually set at 90 days out. I think I heard Disney performs their ROFR in order of reciept, but that doesn't seem logical as some have waited much longer than others....it's all magic how it works i guess. :)

Just heard from Fidelity regarding our SSR contract that was submitted on 7/16. It is currently being reviewed by Disney. There was an error on the contract regarding 2021 points. Instead of 281 points for 2021, we have 343 points for 2021. Resigned the contract and sent it back. Our agent said that it won't delay Disney's review. We should hear back this week. Fingers cross that we pass.

I'm at 40 days today ...
Waiting surprisingly patiently to hear back on our BWV contract that was sent to ROFR on July 17th. Hopefully we hear back sometime this week.

Same boat here (sent 7/16)....fingers crossed for the 7/15-16-17 club hearing GOOD news only, preferably early in the week, because a) my nerves can’t take much more of this, and b) late in the week seems to only be bad news lately

Just heard from Fidelity regarding our SSR contract that was submitted on 7/16. It is currently being reviewed by Disney. There was an error on the contract regarding 2021 points. Instead of 281 points for 2021, we have 343 points for 2021. Resigned the contract and sent it back. Our agent said that it won't delay Disney's review. We should hear back this week. Fingers cross that we pass.

What was the price pp?

So now I’m going to go into fully-obsessed mode. Someone mentioned there’s a Face Place group (that’s what I call Facebook) where they post updates...can anyone direct me to the name of the group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter