ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference? They would just call it a new contract with the same points in the new UY. They can change the UY associated with points within a Unit and have a Unit with various UY's in it.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...ey-greater-flexibility-in-assigning-use-years
I understood it as they could take points from one contract and put them into another and along the way change the UY of the points. Now I see they can change the UY of both contract and points.

I just sold my BLT contract and it went to ROFR when the rescission period have past I’ll post the details.

as I’m international I’m curious to see if the contract gets taken or not. It probably won’t.

Okay, what was the insane list price of this VGC you both passed on buying?
I wanna say $240? It’s still up, listed at $239 now. Apparently there is a price that’s too high for Grand Californian.

I’m passing on Grand Californian on anything above $160. I’m guessing I’ll be looking for a few decades

$242 is so high! :scared:

And your $160 goal is.... rather ambitious. May the force be with you.
They relisted at $239 so I thought maybe they’d be willing to negotiate. Nope. Which honestly is good for me. This really would’ve been an impulse/emotional buy because I *want* to own at GCV, but I really only need a small number of points. But I should not be spending that money now! So I’ll just trust that the pixie dust’ll come through for me when we do go to DL that I can snag GCV reservations at the 7 month mark.

coolingjupiter---$130-$30095-225-BLT-Aug-0/19, 0/20, 225/21, 225/22- sent 8/11

Been researching for a year and finally took the plunge...like everyone else, I’m worried they will buy it back but I’m pretending since there are no points available until August of 2021, they will be less likely to snatch it up. Fingers crossed!

They relisted at $239 so I thought maybe they’d be willing to negotiate. Nope. Which honestly is good for me. This really would’ve been an impulse/emotional buy because I *want* to own at GCV, but I really only need a small number of points. But I should not be spending that money now! So I’ll just trust that the pixie dust’ll come through for me when we do go to DL that I can snag GCV reservations at the 7 month mark.

Wait, so they removed 'only full price offer' stipulation, you made an offer and they won't negotiate? :oops:

Wait, so they removed 'only full price offer' stipulation, you made an offer and they won't negotiate? :oops:
Well, I'm sure from their perspective they were willing to negotiate, but they wouldn't drop below $237, nor consider covering 2020 dues.

Given that this really is an emotional buy for me, because I live on the East Coast and thus am not a regular DLer (and am no longer needing to travel to CA all the time for work), this is a "I really want to own GCV to say I own GCV and to be able to book at 11-months when we go every 2-3 years" and not, say, like WDW, where I want to go 2-3 times a year, including Fall Frenzy, and thus "need" to own at the resorts I want. So I'm just not willing to pay that kind of money, even though the dues are nice and I would probably have no problem renting them if I needed to.

If they had been willing to come down into the $220s, I may have gone for it. And I recognize that $17 per point is "only" $1700 and that a 100-point loaded Sep UY for GCV is a bit of a unicorn, but then I thought of that it's $23,700 + dues + closing and sanity regained control of my thinking. Because as much as I keep hoping things will return to normal in 1-2 years, I am actually expecting us to go into a long recession, if not depression, and thus I should not spend that money and likely won't get to Disney as often as I'd like. If this were my first contract, or I lived near DL, I might have a different perspective, but given I'm an existing owner with plenty of points, I decided not to let emotion win right now. Even if buying resale DVC contracts seems to be my replacement for actually getting to spend time with the mouse right now, lol.

Well, I'm sure from their perspective they were willing to negotiate, but they wouldn't drop below $237, nor consider covering 2020 dues.

Given that this really is an emotional buy for me, because I live on the East Coast and thus am not a regular DLer (and am no longer needing to travel to CA all the time for work), this is a "I really want to own GCV to say I own GCV and to be able to book at 11-months when we go every 2-3 years" and not, say, like WDW, where I want to go 2-3 times a year, including Fall Frenzy, and thus "need" to own at the resorts I want. So I'm just not willing to pay that kind of money, even though the dues are nice and I would probably have no problem renting them if I needed to.

If they had been willing to come down into the $220s, I may have gone for it. And I recognize that $17 per point is "only" $1700 and that a 100-point loaded Sep UY for GCV is a bit of a unicorn, but then I thought of that it's $23,700 + dues + closing and sanity regained control of my thinking. Because as much as I keep hoping things will return to normal in 1-2 years, I am actually expecting us to go into a long recession, if not depression, and thus I should not spend that money and likely won't get to Disney as often as I'd like. If this were my first contract, or I lived near DL, I might have a different perspective, but given I'm an existing owner with plenty of points, I decided not to let emotion win right now. Even if buying resale DVC contracts seems to be my replacement for actually getting to spend time with the mouse right now, lol.

You're right, its very expensive. More than my 50 point and I thought that was high at 230! I know you don't have a great interest in DLH but it might suit your needs as its going to take several years to be built and would give you that access at 11 months. Granted, it wont match your Dominick collection but still. Otherwise it might be worth just paying cash for rooms at GCH when you go if it's every three years.

I think that VGC may go down some. Its priced in the stratosphere right now. I had two contracts that I got for 165 that disney bought back. and that was 8 months ago ish?

You're right, its very expensive. More than my 50 point and I thought that was high at 230! I know you don't have a great interest in DLH but it might suit your needs as its going to take several years to be built and would give you that access at 11 months. Granted, it wont match your Dominick collection but still. Otherwise it might be worth just paying cash for rooms at GCH when you go if it's every three years.
That is currently what we do, and likely will be what we continue to do. Or we could look at point rentals. We had really wanted GCV for the extra space and kitchen to reduce meal costs -- but honestly our oldest is in college in 2 years and our youngest in 5 years, and so I suspect our DL trips will be fewer going forward, especially given how long a flight it is. So I'll just hold out and hopefully someday find a 50-point SEP UY contract like you did!

I think that VGC may go down some. Its priced in the stratosphere right now. I had two contracts that I got for 165 that disney bought back. and that was 8 months ago ish?
I agree, I think some of the price is based on the fact it’s the only game in town. Tower gets built and it’s no longer so exclusive. Price will then reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter