ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, ~90 days feels like forever, I purchased a BLT resale contract in January 2020 and it took 45 days from having a signed offer (1/8/20) to points being in my account (2/22/20). I just had my contract sent for ROFR on 7/15/20 - I hope I get my points before the banking deadline on 11/30/20.

I only waited 13 days for ROFR too (from 1/10/20 to 1/23/20!).

I was wondering, has anyone not closed by the date on their contract? My contract states it will close by July 24. Sent for ROFR 6/19. That is most likely not going to happen. I have another contract pending and that close date is 90 days past the signature date. Just wondering if there will be any issues with closing.

I was wondering, has anyone not closed by the date on their contract? My contract states it will close by July 24. Sent for ROFR 6/19. That is most likely not going to happen. I have another contract pending and that close date is 90 days past the signature date. Just wondering if there will be any issues with closing.
No answer from DVC by the closing date is the same as DVC waiving ROFR.

Wow, ~90 days feels like forever, I purchased a BLT resale contract in January 2020 and it took 45 days from having a signed offer (1/8/20) to points being in my account (2/22/20). I just had my contract sent for ROFR on 7/15/20 - I hope I get my points before the banking deadline on 11/30/20.

I would honestly tell the seller to bank the points and have them update the ROFR request with that data (if they have to). Avoid any issues.

Deelirious---$130-$3954-25-OKW(E)-Apr-25/19, 25/20, 25/21, 25/22- sent 5/31, passed 7/14

I’m so glad we have moved passed the ROFR phase! I know it’s a high price point for OKW but it is extremely rare to come across small contracts of 25 points so I had to jump on it as soon as I saw it posted and offered full price.

I'm on day 20 of ROFR and was hoping to have my points by mid Sept, but it's just not going to happen at the current ROFR rate. If more CM get called back to work, it may speed up a bit, but with FL numbers increasing almost exponentially, another closing down is probable.
Tru Dat.

That's amazing. Can I borrow your luck for a bit? lol

No answer from DVC by the closing date is the same as DVC waiving ROFR.

That is what I thought as well. My contract has this included in it:
"This contract shall be closed within 90 days of the effective date*, unless extended by other provisions on the contract."

The person at Fidelity indicated that if Disney had not responded to the ROFR by then, it would be waived. Hopefully, it doesn't take that long, but I was happy to hear there was a finite window of waiting time.

Last edited:
Seems silly that Disney takes so long. It is a yes or no.
We are only in day 14 of ROFR, but from what I am reading, I am expecting this to be drawn out.

bluegoat---$83-$21640-250-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 250/21- sent 6/2, passed 7/20
Finally passed and on my birthday. Happy birthday to me. Now the long closing process but at least I know that I have it.
Happy birthday to you! :cake: Haven’t seen any go through ROFR on a Monday so that’s a nice gift. Congrats!!

Zcon---$155-$8000-50-VGF-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 51/21, 50/22- sent 6/5, passed 7/20

Dreams do come true 🥂😁
Yay, congrats! Great price for a small contract too. I’m 6/22 for VGF and getting excited after seeing yours. The wait is real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter