ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money can they have? It feels awkward that they can't pay their employees, but they can buy up all these points. Granted, they can turn a profit on them, but how can they find buyers directly For so many points.
They ran out of points completely last month. Based on the sales in the Direct Sales thread they’re having zero issue finding buyers. I think they’re right now just trying to keep up.

They ran out of points completely last month. Based on the sales in the Direct Sales thread they’re having zero issue finding buyers. I think they’re right now just trying to keep up.
When I called for direct 100 pts OKW, I was offered Feb-Sept UY. Was that because they can change the UY?

@Red Dog Run correct - they can reissue a contract with any use year. If you ask for October or later, you can also ask for 2019 points for free. They only dues paid will be the 3 months and 3 weeks remaining in the calendar year, regardless of use year.

Edit: For the 2019 points, they actually need those points available in a contract to allocate to you which may not always be available.

When I called for direct 100 pts OKW, I was offered Feb-Sept UY. Was that because they can change the UY?
If they don’t have any 2019 UY points to give you they can’t just make them up. You could ask to go on a wait list for Dec and they might find some Dec 2019 points to sell you before 11/30.

Wow....I didn't hear this. They ran out of all sold-out resort points, or just specific ones?

If they don’t have any 2019 UY points to give you they can’t just make them up. You could ask to go on a wait list for Dec and they might find some Dec 2019 points to sell you before 11/30.

Even if they sell out of sold-out resorts, they'd have Aulani, Riviera, and Copper Creek, right? They're advertising them as "not sold out.".

Wow....I didn't hear this. They ran out of all sold-out resort points, or just specific ones?

Even if they sell out of sold-out resorts, they'd have Aulani, Riviera, and Copper Creek, right? They're advertising them as "not sold out.".
I don’t know if they ran out of all sold out resorts but they had wait lists for most of the ones people are typically looking to buy (OKW, SSR, AKV).

They should have 2019 points for Riviera and Aulani. CCV could sell out at any time.

I don’t know if they ran out of all sold out resorts but they had wait lists for most of the ones people are typically looking to buy (OKW, SSR, AKV).

They should have 2019 points for Riviera and Aulani. CCV could sell out at any time.

Thanks. I guess I should call tomorrow.

Congrats! I know it isn't sent yet, but what are the details? We always love to know what offers people get!
It’s a small 50 point contract at SSR. $116 pp. October use year to match my first contract. 2 points coming this October. We pay 2021 dues due at closing. October use year is rare and I was just looking for a small add on. It’s perfect for us.

Last edited:
Today is my 42 day on AKV. Keeping my fingers crossed! It will be contract #2 for this newbie. Wonder if Disney will roll any out today. Anyone with any knowledge..such as good luck with yours? By the way, this is a superb tread. I thank the hard work.

Today is my 42 day on AKV. Keeping my fingers crossed! It will be contract #2 for this newbie. Wonder if Disney will roll any out today. Anyone with any knowledge..such as good luck with yours? By the way, this is a superb tread. I thank the hard work.
The only knowledge I have is that we are also at day 42 for AKL...hoping for good news for both of us today!

Day 45 today for my first ever contract I just want to know at this point either way and move on from there.

GFV 160 points $155 pp hoping for some good news today or early this week.
Day 40 for us for 100 point contract at SSR. Im so over waiting

TRUE! YES, indeed.

Are these the two contracts you both are talking about?

Naglejen---$130-$8118-55-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 69/21, 55/22-Close 12/20/ pay 21'MF- sent 7/28
Red Dog Run---$100-$11400-100-AKV-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 8/4

Red Dog Run, it looks like its only been 35 days for you, or was that wrong? I'm keeping close watch as mine was sent 8/10 so I figure it should be answered only a week after yours!

The only knowledge I have is that we are also at day 42 for AKL...hoping for good news for both of us today!
Contacted he broker, just to remind him we are here, and stated that Disney is taking 6 weeks, so I should expect next week or so. I just laughed: it is 6 weeks. They must be overworked. He even quoted my day.
Are these the two contracts you both are talking about?

Naglejen---$130-$8118-55-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 69/21, 55/22-Close 12/20/ pay 21'MF- sent 7/28
Red Dog Run---$100-$11400-100-AKV-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 8/4

Red Dog Run, it looks like its only been 35 days for you, or was that wrong? I'm keeping close watch as mine was sent 8/10 so I figure it should be answered only a week after yours!
Dear, Lord, I can't count. I also teach... it's soooo stressful with alternating 1/2 classes AND virtual! Thank you for setting me straight.

Contacted he broker, just to remind him we are here, and stated that Disney is taking 6 weeks, so I should expect next week or so. I just laughed: it is 6 weeks. They must be overworked. He even quoted my day.

Dear, Lord, I can't count. I also teach... it's soooo stressful with alternating 1/2 classes AND virtual! Thank you for setting me straight. The laugh is on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter