• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
lclark5678---$100-$16545-160-AKV-Jun-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 160/21-seller pays MF 19,20- sent 7/2, taken 7/19

Hopefully I did this right :) This one never had a chance... beginner’s mistake. Trying again with something more realistic!

Certainly not a beginners mistake! Honestly, for the point totals it was good negotiating though probably still overpriced for the points in the contract. And ood contract pricing does go thru sometimes. I still say that unless it's the perfect contract for you and isn't something you see come around too often that you should negotiate the best deal you can and let Disney decide if they'll take it or not. There's lots of theories on what Disney will take but having watched the resale market for over a decade I can tell you that there are things that go thru that goes against those theories.

Certainly not a beginners mistake! Honestly, for the point totals it was good negotiating though probably still overpriced for the points in the contract. And ood contract pricing does go thru sometimes. I still say that unless it's the perfect contract for you and isn't something you see come around too often that you should negotiate the best deal you can and let Disney decide if they'll take it or not. There's lots of theories on what Disney will take but having watched the resale market for over a decade I can tell you that there are things that go thru that goes against those theories.
Thanks!! 😊

What broker? Nice contract!!! (Though I wouldn't count on those banked '18 points being actually usable and would just be pleasantly surprised if you can...)

It was on DVC Sales website. The 2018 points were banked from 2017 so they should be good until Nov 30, 2019.
I am hoping the $112/pt is high enough to avoid ROFR, but I am worried about the number of points available. From what I can tell, Disney doesnt seem to preferentially buy back contracts with points currently available, but there is a lot of points on this one.

It was on DVC Sales website. The 2018 points were banked from 2017 so they should be good until Nov 30, 2019.
I am hoping the $112/pt is high enough to avoid ROFR, but I am worried about the number of points available. From what I can tell, Disney doesnt seem to preferentially buy back contracts with points currently available, but there is a lot of points on this one.
She means that DVC resorts are pretty much completely booked from now through the end of the year. September will be your best bet, but your points may not be in your account early enough.

Not really - it popped up just a few days after omg getting the 1st one approved. A lot of resale apps let you set your parameters and it will notify you as soon as it becomes available. You do have to offer right away as small contracts are quick to go.
Just saw a 50 points contract june use for polynesian---

boxer11---$155-$6490-39-BWV-Jun-0/18, 0/19, 39/20, 39/21- sent 7/9, passed 7/24

We passed! We just got word Disney waived ROFR on our contract. All in all we should have our points come September. This is our second contract, we also own at SSR.

Theocdisney---$99-$15430-150-SSR-Apr-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 150/21- sent 7/9, taken 7/23

Just received notice today that Disney is exercising ROFR. We are the sellers so very pleased since it was a stripped contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter