ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my third BWV contract........................... I cannot believe I am paying as much as $117 (others highest was $89) and sad to say in today's market I cannot believe I found one for $117.

2042 is coming quick which will leave this worthless, however, the number 1 piece of advise I received from this board years ago was:

BUY WHERE YOU WANT TO STAY.

This will be my third BWV contract........................... I cannot believe I am paying as much as $117 (others highest was $89) and sad to say in today's market I cannot believe I found one for $117.

2042 is coming quick which will leave this worthless, however, the number 1 piece of advise I received from this board years ago was:

BUY WHERE YOU WANT TO STAY.
It blows my mind that Boardwalk/Beach clubs value is where its at..... i love it there but its absolutely crazy to make initial investment for such a short contract IMO

It blows my mind that Boardwalk/Beach clubs value is where its at..... i love it there but its absolutely crazy to make initial investment for such a short contract IMO
I agree with this. I would love to have a short contract at one of these resorts, but to buy at that price seems crazy to me.

I’m planning on offering under the listing price to negotiate - is that common? It would be my first resale so no UY problems. I am watching prices closely and am sensing the market shifting, but won’t hold out more than another six months at most!

I’m planning on offering under the listing price to negotiate - is that common? It would be my first resale so no UY problems. I am watching prices closely and am sensing the market shifting, but won’t hold out more than another six months at most!
Yes you can negotiate the price. YMMV on how much the seller will negotiate as anything.
Do you believe the market is shifting towards a downward trend in your research?

Remember that a timeshare is not an investment but a luxury purchase. Once purchased treat it as a sunken cost.

If it still holds value once you want to part with it that’s great but nothing is for sure in the world of timeshares.

You don't need as many points to book the rooms, though. So if you want home resort booking advantage, it's still well worth it.
Exactly.

You don’t need that many points to book and if owning BWV or BCV for 20+ years means you get to stay where you really want to stay for more than 20 years compared to staying somewhere else for 20 years that you may like or dislike is totally worth it to me.

Wouldn’t you rather vacation for 20+ years at a place you like compared to a place or might dislike?
I get it... but I like most resorts.... lol
I'm never disappointed where I stay to be honest. Yes I like BC quite a bit. So, whenever I score a reservation at the 7 month mark I consider it like winning the lottery. I get to stay in a great place at a great price with my cheap sleep around points.

Everything is negotiable. You may offer less or more (more to ensure the contract pass rofr) per point. Also closing costs and annual dues are negotiable.

By offering less the only thing you will lose is your time.

I get it... but I like most resorts.... lol
I'm never disappointed where I stay to be honest. Yes I like BC quite a bit. So, whenever I score a reservation at the 7 month mark I consider it like winning the lottery. I get to stay in a great place at a great price with my cheap sleep around points.
I hear you. I do sort of the same but I have my BWV vacation booked and if I’m able to switch to either BCV or BWV using my sleep around points I will do that if not I’m at staying at BWV and I’m loving it.

Yes you can negotiate the price. YMMV on how much the seller will negotiate as anything.
Do you believe the market is shifting towards a downward trend in your research?

Slightly downward. Not a huge shift but in watching AKV prices it seems that recent offers are closer to the $105 mark than before.

Personally, I’m balancing wanting the perfect contract (loaded with banked points) and waiting until the first of the year. If I find the contract I want I don’t know I can wait, or if the market shifts make it worth waiting. On 160 points, the difference between $95 pp and $105 pp is just $1600, which isn’t a huge amount in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter