ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always nerve racking when you see contracts submitted after yours get accepted and you still haven’t heard anything :headache:

I wonder if there are different 'teams' of people doing the ROFR evaluations, and some just move faster than others.

I wonder if there are different 'teams' of people doing the ROFR evaluations, and some just move faster than others.

I think that there are a few factors at play as to when people hear back:

1) Certain resorts submitted within a date range generally hear back on the same day;
2) The speed at which your broker notifies you after hearing back from Disney varies greatly;
3) Disney informs brokers in batches, so yours may be pushed by a day or two depending on which batch you fall into

I'm sure there are other factors, but those are the ones I have noticed and can think of before I have finished my morning coffee. :)

I think that there are a few factors at play as to when people hear back:

1) Certain resorts submitted within a date range generally hear back on the same day;
2) The speed at which your broker notifies you after hearing back from Disney varies greatly;
3) Disney informs brokers in batches, so yours may be pushed by a day or two depending on which batch you fall into

I'm sure there are other factors, but those are the ones I have noticed and can think of before I have finished my morning coffee. :)
Thanks for this! I followed up with our broker to see if they heard anything and just didn’t get a chance to let us know and they said they havent heard anything for submissions submitted after 6/22. But obviously people have gotten answers for submissions after that here on the boards so maybe it does depend on the broker.

Thanks for this! I followed up with our broker to see if they heard anything and just didn’t get a chance to let us know and they said they havent heard anything for submissions submitted after 6/22. But obviously people have gotten answers for submissions after that here on the boards so maybe it does depend on the broker.
If you don't mind me asking who are you using?

Bro0kemarie---$99-$15253-140-SSR-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 169/18, 140/19- sent 7/12

Our first attempt at purchasing DVC! So grateful for all of the great info on this forum. We went to a DVC open house on our recent honeymoon which prompted me to do some research. Definitely saved us a lot of money. Hope we pass!

Just got word this morning that we passed. We are very excited.

DVC Fanatic---$145-$31133-200-PVB-Dec-0/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 6/26, passed 7/12

Congrats! I submitted my poly on 6/18 so if I don’t hear back today it isn’t looking good!

Last edited:
"If you don't mind me asking, who did you use?"

DVC Resale Market

I'm not sure that the Broker affects it much, other than how quickly they submit and how quickly they inform you. I have checked with my agent in the past, on one property, and been told, "Oh, it passed ROFR two days ago. We were going to let you know today." And I have had the situation on another property, where they heard, but they didn't plan to inform me for a week, since they were waiting for the Disney Letter of Estoppel before they told me.

I have used DVC Resale Market in the past on a Bay Lake Tower contract and it seemed quite prompt to me. Actually, I think it was within 10 days after it was submitted, and they called me to let me know. So, I think I tend to go along with the idea that Disney does them in Batches. And each resort might have its own batch. So, if you squeeze into a batch just before they review that batch, there might be other contracts that have already been waiting in that batch for a week or two, but you will be informed at the same time as they will.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the Broker affects it much, other than how quickly they submit and how quickly they inform you. I have checked with my agent in the past, on one property, and been told, "Oh, it passed ROFR two days ago. We were going to let you know today." And I have had the situation on another property, where they heard, but they didn't plan to inform me for a week, since they were waiting for the Disney letter of Estopel before they told me.

I have used DVC Resale Market in the past on a Bay Lake Tower contract and it seemed quite prompt to me. Actually, I think it was within 10 days after it was submitted, and they called me to let me know. So, I think I tend to go along with the idea that Disney does them in Batches. And each resort might have its own batch. So, if you squeeze into a batch just before they review that batch, there might be other contracts that have already been waiting in that batch for a week or two, but you will be informed at the same time as they will.
I agree it has little to do with the the broker. Biggest hang up will be your title company. I’m convinced they are consistently more an obstacle than even Disney. Just closed a second time with one title company (Jeffrey Sweet) that managed to go from offer to OCC in 30 days.

Title companies become bottle necked and will work their way through a stack of contracts “waiting on Disney for estoppel.” Estoppel takes no time, but title companies will consistently build in 30 days to process.

Lyza---$100-$16729-150-AKV-Sep-150/17, 200/18, 150/19- sent 7/10

I know AKV has been taken ALOT in the last few months. I am not very positive, I think they won’t wave... I hope my file will be in her desk à 4pm Friday night before vacation so he will said « I need to go pack my luggage I will wave this one »
keep us posted and good luck

Its a crap shoot it looks like yesterday and today at AKV There was a $98, 100, 104, 105, 110 and 116. That all were recorded and passed ROFR about a month ago.

Disney really doesn't like the foreign contracts if you have the time to wait for the usually longer close.
I agree that they don't like foreign contracts I bought a OKW in Feb for $72 a point only had 93 of the 370 2018 points, but still I think it was a good deal.

I agree it has little to do with the the broker. Biggest hang up will be your title company. I’m convinced they are consistently more an obstacle than even Disney. Just closed a second time with one title company (Jeffrey Sweet) that managed to go from offer to OCC in 30 days.

Title companies become bottle necked and will work their way through a stack of contracts “waiting on Disney for estoppel.” Estoppel takes no time, but title companies will consistently build in 30 days to process.

Another thing is that everyone says, "ROFR will take up to 30 days. Disney has 30 days to review it."

Well, I'm not sure if that is true. Everyone says it, but, I could be wrong, but I don't think that the DVC Membership Contract with Disney specifies that they need to do it within 30 days. In other words, potentially, they could take longer. But, that being said, I think they are averaging about 2 1/2 weeks right now. Depending on the property, points, contract etc. If they look at it closely or if you are on the cusp, it might take longer for them to make a decision, whereas a straight, strong Yes or No is probably pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter