ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first contract! Freaking out a little bit-Grand Californian isn't cheap-but we are on the West Coast and DL is our favorite park-and much easier for us to get to. We go every year or two, so this will be perfect. Cross your fingers!

Limace---$141-$15436-100-VGC-Aug-100/16, 100/17, 100/18, 0/19- sent 7/5

My first contract! Freaking out a little bit-Grand Californian isn't cheap-but we are on the West Coast and DL is our favorite park-and much easier for us to get to. We go every year or two, so this will be perfect. Cross your fingers!

Limace---$141-$15436-100-VGC-Aug-100/16, 100/17, 100/18, 0/19- sent 7/5

This is our first also and we are freaking out also! Good luck! I hope we both love it

DHofCrazyMouser---$118-$12962-100-BLT-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 165/17, 100/18- sent 6/5

31 Days and counting, this is taking entirely too long lol. Contacted broker yesterday and they assure me nothing is wrong with paperwork/contract.
Ugh, that IS a long time :( Did the broker think that they would hear something soon? I thought that they had to get back within 30 days or it was passed?

Well maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I've read a couple of different things regarding ROFR, the time Disney has to decide is only limited by the closing date, they need to be notified atleast 30 days before the closing date on the contract and decide within that time if they want to execute ROFR. Normally they decide within a couple weeks to 30ish days from receiving the contract. My broker told me they had a contract go 40 days a couple months ago and finally passed. Brokers don't tend to push the envelope with Disney and put an estimated closing date of 31 days(normally 70-80 days) after they send the contract to somewhat shorten disneys alotted time, since normally they respond within a couple weeks.

Well maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I've read a couple of different things regarding ROFR, the time Disney has to decide is only limited by the closing date, they need to be notified atleast 30 days before the closing date on the contract and decide within that time if they want to execute ROFR. Normally they decide within a couple weeks to 30ish days from receiving the contract. My broker told me they had a contract go 40 days a couple months ago and finally passed. Brokers don't tend to push the envelope with Disney and put an estimated closing date of 31 days(normally 70-80 days) after they send the contract to somewhat shorten disneys alotted time, since normally they respond within a couple weeks.

It is correct that DVD has to be notified by 30 days from scheduled closing. Some brokers put an earlier closing date to make it go faster. I know that you can ask your broker to follow-up with DVD, who asks the brokers to wait 30 days before asking about the contract. That's what I would do. Good luck! I hope it passes today for you!!! pixiedust:

Yea it's like an eternity waiting for your first contract. Especially when you see other contracts that are identical get submitted later and accepted already. Been waiting since 6/5. Now we know why some people just buy direct lol

Yea it's like an eternity waiting for your first contract. Especially when you see other contracts that are identical get submitted later and accepted already. Been waiting since 6/5. Now we know why some people just buy direct lol

I know DVD lost a few contracts that were submitted for ROFR last month. Might be worth checking with your broker.

Checked with my broker a couple days ago and they have inquired about our contract a while back and don't want to keep asking about a certain contract. How do you know they lost some?

Checked with my broker a couple days ago and they have inquired about our contract a while back and don't want to keep asking about a certain contract. How do you know they lost some?

One of the brokers posted it on her FB page that they lost a few. She reached out to them to get an update at 30 days, and they had lost it. Once they figured that out, they "fast tracked" the contracts. I think it took another week or two to hear after this "fast tracking" was initiated. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter