ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_MT---$70-$16383-200-SSR-Oct-100/23, 200/24, 200/25-Buyer pay $225 fee- sent 3/11, passed 3/29
Woot woot!! And the sellers have online notary scheduled for 4/2 party:
Congrats! A great way to start the weekend.

Also, if (partially loaded) SSR contracts are going through at $70, it doesn't appear Disney has plans to support pricing at any sold out resorts (other than VGF) anytime soon.

Congrats! A great way to start the weekend.

Also, if (partially loaded) SSR contracts are going through at $70, it doesn't appear Disney has plans to support pricing at any sold out resorts (other than VGF) anytime soon.
According to Disney's '23 10-K filing with the SEC, their current liquidity ratio (assets/liabilities) is 1.05. Their quick ratio is below 1. They got no cash for ROFR.

For comparison sake, Universal had a current ratio of over 4.0.

I believe the supply increases when the dues bill goes out and that puts pressure on prices and then as the supply goes off the market and people go on vacation the prices tend to go up.

But there are so many other factors:

1) Economy (job security)
2) Interest Rates/ Markets (wealth effect)
3) Disney direct incentives

etc.

All signs are pointing to some improved incentives on April 2nd.

Historically, does there seem to be a better time of year for resale prices? After we got our points last March...I really stopped looking until recently so I have no clue what the trends usually are.
dvcrofr.com has a pricing trends graph based on purchases made by Disboarders back to 2016. I won't stick my neck out to analyse each resort but take a look and see what you see for the resorts you're interested in.

As of the Sept 2023 balance sheet they had more than enough cash on hand to continue ROFR if that was an interest.

https://www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company/Walt-Disney-Co/Financial-Statement/Assets
This does not take into account liability at all.

When assessing a company's ability to fund initiatives like the ROFR, simply looking at cash on hand isn't enough. It's important to consider the company's liabilities as well. For instance, if a company has $10 million in cash but also has $25 million in liabilities, the large debt suggests that using a significant amount of cash to exercise ROFR could strain the company's financial health. This is because the cash might be needed to cover debts and maintain operational stability.

Essentially, without factoring in liabilities, one could overestimate the company's financial readiness for commitments such as ROFR.

mblsj---$125-$27366-200-PVB-Dec-80/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 3/12, taken 3/30

Ah, man! Absolutely gutted. Let the speculation for what this means regarding Poly 2, incentives, etc. begin...
Wow that’s so surprising and sorry you lost that deal😕

I think this further confirms what @mkatsy found in the Florida comptroller site with the recent construction documents filed for work at the tower that noted them with the PVB condominium ID. I think this + DVC stopping the sale of direct PVB says that DVD is getting into gear to start actively selling PVB in the next few months.

What’s interesting is that two lower priced PVB deals passed ROFR just a few weeks ago so it makes me think they’re literally just starting this process now. Maybe we’ll finally hear more details now that they’re ready to commit to their plans or at least, finally reveal their plans.

ETA: here’s @mkatsy excellent sleuthing work starting at comment #113

Last edited:
Probably too early to tell. That contract "could" have been taken due to the size/Unit # to fill a direct sale request, and not as the first in preparation for PVB returning to active sales. Too small of a sample size.

Ours is a 400 point contract. If Disney buys it back would they be able to resell it piece meal or would they have to sell it as a 400 point contract?

I paid almost the exact same price and it was sent 3/13. Should I just assume ours is going to be taken as well?
Just depends on why they took ours. Was it points in a unit they are consolidating for a sale? Though PVB is supposedly unavailable.

Or, is it a broader strategy based on their upcoming Tower plans?

Or, there's always the classic Inebriated Simian Hypothesis.

Ours is a 400 point contract. If Disney buys it back would they be able to resell it piece meal or would they have to sell it as a 400 point contract?
They can sell it however they want to. They can break it up, they can change the use year, you name it. The only thing they can't do is change the Unit the points belong to. That's one of the more fact-based theories of why certain contracts are ROFR'd: that they need the points to add to whatever they already have to create a larger contract that someone has requested (because all points in a contract must be from the same Unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter