ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don’t have anything sexy OR creepy, but this week I’ve had insanely aggressive popup scams (coming only from this site) claiming to be scanning my computer that I *really* hope aren’t able to load viruses between when they pop up and when I close the window.
Yeah, I'm getting a ton of those redirecting spam ads. I get the fake Norton Anti-virus and Xfinity free prize ones. It's a bad actor hidden in their ad networks and not something the site is intentionally doing. But they do need to alert their advertising provider and get them to hunt it down and remove it.

I was having the Norton popup within a few seconds of being on the site a couple of days ago. I had to completely clear my browser data. Haven't had the problem since. I've been using chrome the whole time.

I also don’t have anything sexy OR creepy, but this week I’ve had insanely aggressive popup scams (coming only from this site) claiming to be scanning my computer that I *really* hope aren’t able to load viruses between when they pop up and when I close the window.
Same, it was driving me crazy. Clearing the cache/cookies didn’t help.

Is it just my access... some of the ads are looking sexy- creepy... the ones as I scroll, not the ones in the side bar. Yuck.
It's not just you - I've noticed those recently also. & My NortonVPN red flagged the DIS home page a couple times.
o_O Makes me a little concerned about site security...................

I suggest using DuckDuckGo for web browsing. It is free and no tracking, limited ads.

I had the EXACT same thing. and ONLY when viewing this site (which I love but does happen to be inundated with ads when I'm viewing on my phone)

***also adding that the popup/redirect scanning scams were only when I'm on mobile. My PC blocks all that stuff.

I had the EXACT same thing. and ONLY when viewing this site (which I love but does happen to be inundated with ads when I'm viewing on my phone)

***also adding that the popup/redirect scanning scams were only when I'm on mobile. My PC blocks all that stuff.
i turned off pop-ups on my iphone for my safari browser and it stopped those antivirus windows from popping up

Yeah, I had disable JavaScript to view this site earlier this week to stop those pop up but think it’s gone now
Thanks to @CarolynFH for flagging it

https://www.disboards.com/threads/spam-popups.3942808/post-65399260
Just to point out for those who are still having the problem or if a new issue arises in future, you can and should report it on the Technical Support forum (ALL the way down at the bottom of the Forums), either in the ongoing thread or start a new one. My iPad has been fine since yesterday afternoon, but it sounds like that’s not the case for everyone.

... but this week I’ve had insanely aggressive popup scams (coming only from this site) claiming to be scanning my computer that I *really* hope aren’t able to load viruses between when they pop up and when I close the window.
Just a reminder (then we can return to our normal thread - I apologize for sidetracking everyone) ... if you see something that pops up saying something scary like "we are now...", be careful about using "their" x to close the screen. A scammer will put an x/close looking graphic in the ad which is there for people to "click" thinking they are closing the popup, but you've actually clicked on a link they installed to download something. Only "close" an ad using what you are sure is Your browser's close button. '

Oh man, now if I tap on like or reply it opens a new window into a super spammy site, and that’s with pop-ups disabled on my iPhone browser 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

Oh man, now if I tap on like or reply it opens a new window into a super spammy site, and that’s with pop-ups disabled on my iPhone browser 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽
Report on the dedicated tech problems forum. There are several threads. For whatever reason this issue has disappeared for me over the past couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter