• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think my post from February ever got added. Did I have an error in the formatting?

aammtt20---$100-$12,793.80-110-AKL-Jun-110/23, 220/24, 110/25, 110/26- sent 02/12/24, passed 2/27/24
Yes- can you please use the tool on page 1 and post that string? I’d be happy to add it :).

Just bought my first DVC waiting on estoppel now. Love this thread. Any tips to a newbie looking to add contracts?

As a long time passive observer it seems like a real buyers market right now, am I wrong?

Just bought my first DVC waiting on estoppel now. Love this thread. Any tips to a newbie looking to add contracts?

As a long time passive observer it seems like a real buyers market right now, am I wrong?
This is seasonally a time of year with more contracts on the market (because of dues) and the prices are coming down from 2021/2022 post pandemic frothy pricing.

Most sellers are still making healthy profits on their contracts unless they purchased them in the last 2-3 years.

I think it depends on the resort as to whether it is a "buyer's market". 2023 resale showed an increase in average per point on the majority of resorts between March and April. If that holds true, March is a good month to buy. Many people are in the parks for spring breaks and are deciding to purchase DVC at the parks. While others are in colder climates and realizing they need to secure a summer plan for their families. So they start researching.

The only advice I would give is to really think about what makes sense for your situation as that is the only thing that really matters. It may seem very appealing to buy a specific resort, but it may not make sense for your family. Questions I start with are...
Do I need more points? If so, how many?
Can I afford it now or would later be a better option? Only you can answer that of course.
What resorts does my family really like/want to stay at the most? Look at those point charts. Do you need an 11 month booking window or will 7 months work. If 7 months work, then you probably don't need to pay for a more expensive resort...just need SAPs.
Strategize UYs based on when and how often you will be in the area (FL or CA).

I am sure there are many more, but just follow the strategy that works for you. What people say on this site, including myself, may be completely different for your situation and that will change the calculus completely.

Good luck!

I regret not offering on the 200 SSR June 23-200 - 24-400 contact that was up for $95 a point. Who ever got that got a bargain.
There was a June 200 point SSR contract recorded yesterday that went for $89 a point.

There was a December 200 point contract that was recorded on the 19th that went for $80 a point.

These are unicorns with way more contracts going for over $100 per point than under $90.

I have tracked 25 contracts since January that went for between $80-89 per point.

I think it depends on the resort as to whether it is a "buyer's market". 2023 resale showed an increase in average per point on the majority of resorts between March and April. If that holds true, March is a good month to buy. Many people are in the parks for spring breaks and are deciding to purchase DVC at the parks. While others are in colder climates and realizing they need to secure a summer plan for their families. So they start researching.

The only advice I would give is to really think about what makes sense for your situation as that is the only thing that really matters. It may seem very appealing to buy a specific resort, but it may not make sense for your family. Questions I start with are...
Do I need more points? If so, how many?
Can I afford it now or would later be a better option? Only you can answer that of course.
What resorts does my family really like/want to stay at the most? Look at those point charts. Do you need an 11 month booking window or will 7 months work. If 7 months work, then you probably don't need to pay for a more expensive resort...just need SAPs.
Strategize UYs based on when and how often you will be in the area (FL or CA).

I am sure there are many more, but just follow the strategy that works for you. What people say on this site, including myself, may be completely different for your situation and that will change the calculus completely.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips, I am In Charleston, my wife has family in northern Florida so we come down 5-6 times a year and have for 8 years. We tend to have free time December, January-February and Mid October so I think we can be pretty flexible. Summer is my busiest time work wise as is late spring.

I am weighing home resort vs dollar per points now as a result. My wife loves GF, Poly, and Riviera but I love the point value of other resorts, haha. My purchase was Saratoga at 115 points.

Thanks for the tips, I am In Charleston, my wife has family in northern Florida so we come down 5-6 times a year and have for 8 years. We tend to have free time December, January-February and Mid October so I think we can be pretty flexible. Summer is my busiest time work wise as is late spring.

I am weighing home resort vs dollar per points now as a result. My wife loves GF, Poly, and Riviera but I love the point value of other resorts, haha. My purchase was Saratoga at 115 points.
What size of rooms would you typically book? That will really help you decide whether or not you need an 11 month booking window.

I love Charleston! Wish we were closer so that we could visit more often for sure.

There was a June 200 point SSR contract recorded yesterday that went for $89 a point.

There was a December 200 point contract that was recorded on the 19th that went for $80 a point.

These are unicorns with way more contracts going for over $100 per point than under $90.

I have tracked 25 contracts since January that went for between $80-89 per point.
How many went for over 90 in that same timeframe?

Based on this, and where the market is going, coupled with the ambiguity around DVC 2.0, you wont see me pay more than $75pp for SSR. And thats if the contract is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter