ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For most of my contracts I have been very focused on “the deal”. But the small contract world is a different game.

I paid more ppp than I wanted on my recent 50 points contracts…. but they were the resort I wanted, in the UY I wanted, close to the number of points I wanted, and most likely with time to get in at the 10-11m window.

I then looked at what the actual dollar difference was on a 50 point contract and if that would really matter over the next 17 years . This is completely relative to someone’s discretionary free cash flow.

I then calculated the price per night based on my buy in and the dues and decided it was silly to not just pull the trigger and so I did.

Yeah...when looking at BRV, the price isn't such a big deal. But with VGC....ugh. Definitely harder to swallow if I need to offer high.

We are buying a 217 pt Vero for $30 per point. Waiting on ROFR that surely they will pass on.

Maintenance fees and availability unless you want a Beach Cabin are what hurts Vero so much. We want to use most of our points on the beach Cabins so it works for us.

But all the 2042s are going to start their march to 0 really soon, losing around 5~7% of their value per year will hurt on a Beach club or Boardwalk.

As a potential buyer of a 2042, I'd love for that march to zero to start ASAP. Ha! (Yes, I know this would hurt me if I need to sell but I don't buy points with the plan to get any money back anyway.)

Can someone lend me some money. I want to low ball brokers like you heros !
My wife wants to renovate 2 bathrooms and replace our kitchen countertop.
If I don’t lowball an offer I am not sure what I could do.

It also doesn’t help that I underestimated what I should have withheld from my retirement check and have a nice tax bill to pay.

What I find most difficult in the process is making an offer and receiving a counter that is actually fair and reasonable but not the lottery winning type result I am trying for. I have 2 that I keep running through my mind that I really should consider. The one thing that is stopping me is I really could wait until September before I really need to buy and my gut is telling me the lottery type price I want will probably be the fair and reasonable price at that time.

They will all hit $0, but I really think BC/BW will trade closer to the discounted cash price of the underlying resort less dues. There is just so much demand for the location that will set a floor & their point charts make them incredible values.

It really makes you wonder if/when Disney comes out and addresses the 2042 date. Meaning, at what point do they offer extensions or state what they plan on doing for those 2042 resorts. I understand it's 18 years away, although I suppose it could be only 17 years away depending on how you look at it. But to me, BWV and BCV are the prime location of any resort (again this is to my family).

Do they want until 2030, 2035, etc to address?

I understand that legally the OKW extension was a headache for Disney so they probably do not do that for BWV and BCV. Curious what they'd do.

I just find it intriguing.

Do they wipe all the 2042s and rebuild? Do they start over and sell all new contracts?

Anyway, very interesting imo.

CanadianDVC2024---$125-$54821-400-PVB-Feb-0/23, 534/24, 400/25, 400/26- sent 3/15

I regret not going lower with my offer. At the end of the day, for us it still feels like a good price. I’m not paying any dues for the 134 points 2023 that were banked into 2024. Assuming I can rent them, that lowers the contract to about $120-$121 per point.

Can you please use the tool and repost :)? That's why it was skipped the first time- it's not formatted properly. Thanks!
Trying again, not sure what the error was except added "subsidized" with a comma before, not a dash 🤷‍♂️, tool does not show when it is sub contract, so just copied other sub contracts, hoping it is correct.

lorie13---$120-$32915-250-AUL-Mar-0/23, 500/24, 250/25, 250/26-subsidized- sent 02/12, passed 02/26

It really makes you wonder if/when Disney comes out and addresses the 2042 date. Meaning, at what point do they offer extensions or state what they plan on doing for those 2042 resorts. I understand it's 18 years away, although I suppose it could be only 17 years away depending on how you look at it. But to me, BWV and BCV are the prime location of any resort (again this is to my family).

Do they want until 2030, 2035, etc to address?

I understand that legally the OKW extension was a headache for Disney so they probably do not do that for BWV and BCV. Curious what they'd do.

I just find it intriguing.
I don’t think they are waiting to do anything, I bet they just expire and renew the p0int chart in 2044. (after major refurb)

Do they wipe all the 2042s and rebuild? Do they start over and sell all new contracts?

Anyway, very interesting imo.
I bet they turn a portion of Yacht Club (if not the whole thing) into DVC.

I don’t think they are waiting to do anything, I bet they just expire and renew the p0int chart in 2044. (after major refurb)

I've always wondered why YC isn't part of DVC. I just made the assumption it's due to the convention center.

I am betting they announce a few years from expiration that they are going to be doing a refurbishment and selling a 20-30 yr product on the back end. That will probably max out useful life of the buildings, I can’t see doing 50 more years. They can reset the points chart and sell contracts for just a little less being 25 or 30 year contracts than 50 to most people. Up those points per night cost. Probably give a discount to then current owners of like 20% or something and that is it. It is my playbook if I was Disney and trying to maximize value out of it. Could probably start selling about 24 months prior to expiration to current owners and 18 months prior on new owners at those properties. Renovations could start during that same time period to freshen it up. They could make a fortune on even those shortened contracts. Converting Yacht club could also be big money in the bank and definitely very possible over the next 10 years IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter