ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great thread. Wish I'd read the whole thing and found the DVCROFR tool before I just came to agreement with a seller. Contract's not signed yet but SSR Sept. 285 pts @85/pt, 200/23 285/24 285/25. (Will post with correct format when sent.) Listed at $95, offered $80, countered at $89, landed on $85. Seems on trend but not super awesome and I usually aim for super awesome. :rotfl2:

This is a great thread. Wish I'd read the whole thing and found the DVCROFR tool before I just came to agreement with a seller. Contract's not signed yet but SSR Sept. 285 pts @85/pt, 200/23 285/24 285/25. (Will post with correct format when sent.) Listed at $95, offered $80, countered at $89, landed on $85. Seems on trend but not super awesome and I usually aim for super awesome. :rotfl2:
I’ve seen many higher and a few lower. I bought at $95 because it fit well with our plans. I’d say $85 isn’t something to feel badly about. Congrats!

Last edited:
I’s seen many higher and a few lower. I bought at $95 because it fit well with our plans. I’d say $85 isn’t something to feel badly about. Congrats!
Thanks. I probably jumped the gun on buying but YOLO. I spent the past year with an annual pass to Universal, Disney is upcoming and I plan on alternating for the foreseeable future, so every other year I anticipate several visits. Sept. seems like a good use year for me since I will rarely visit in the summer. Hope I got all the things figured properly.

Last edited:

That is a lower price than about 90% of the deeds being recorded since January 1.

On Friday there was not one deed registered that went for less than $90 a point.

That is a lower price than about 90% of the deeds being recorded since January 1.

On Friday there was not one deed registered that went for less than $90 a point.
Agreed on this point! Back in the early fall we paid $93 for a 300 point contract and after reading more here I was feeling really bad but then realized this thread is full of the savviest buyers out there (also people willing to wait). I think $85 is still a great price.

Agreed on this point! Back in the early fall we paid $93 for a 300 point contract and after reading more here I was feeling really bad but then realized this thread is full of the savviest buyers out there (also people willing to wait). I think $85 is still a great price.
I think waiting is key. I have made 5 requests in the last 2 weeks. 2 did not counter. The initial offer came back with a decent price but since it was my first offer I did not accept or counter. Another countered with a significant drop from their asking but still much higher than I am willing to accept at the moment. The final offer is pending a reply. I expect the reply tomorrow.

I really do not need the new contract for at least 9 months so that is why I am willing to wait and see. I expect if I really needed the contract immediately, I might have been able to come to an agreement on the initial offer.

One reason I am waiting is because in August we take our first split stay trip and if my wife likes it or is even okay with it that opens up a second use year which adds more options.

I really do not need the new contract for at least 9 months so that is why I am willing to wait and see. I expect if I really needed the contract immediately, I might have been able to come to an agreement on the initial offer..
Exactly, and that goes both ways, the seller may not be in a hurry either or they may NEED to get out of their contract asap.
So that’s where offers need to be made to find the right match along with correct UY and point amount.

So far all of the brokers have been excellent. Respectful and quick in replying. My first contract not so much.
I made a total of 4 offers. One was outright rejected, they got a full ask offer, the broker was fine but curt. The one I worked out the broker replied to emails within a couple of hours and was again fine, but curt. One the broker was extremely friendly, but the owner never replied. One the broker still has not replied. Seems to me these things are a bit of a commodity - yes they vary by some details but honestly unless you reply people are just going to move on.

I've also had a broker tell me the seller had another offer a little higher than mine & if I wanted to reconsider my offer. Nope! Guess what? Next day, broker said I had the contract. Was there another offer on the table that just didn't work out - not sure but I would hope they were being honest with me and not using a sales tactic. Bottom line, on this forum we pretty much know what we are willing to pay.

I made a total of 4 offers. One was outright rejected, they got a full ask offer, the broker was fine but curt. The one I worked out the broker replied to emails within a couple of hours and was again fine, but curt. One the broker was extremely friendly, but the owner never replied. One the broker still has not replied. Seems to me these things are a bit of a commodity - yes they vary by some details but honestly unless you reply people are just going to move on.
Yeah, I'm moving on pretty quickly. When I'm ready, I'm ready. May sound impulsive, but I don't have the time or patience for waiting it out. :rolleyes1

I made a total of 3 offers - my first offer was through one of the more popular brokers. While he was extremely nice it felt that he was really working on behalf of the seller. He said he would submit my offer but told me he knew the sellers personally and that they wouldn't accept it. In the end, I don't blame him and actually appreciated the transparency so I knew to move on. The second broker was very friendly and knowledgable but the offer wasn't accepted. My third offer was through a third broker and ended up be very straight forward, no hassle and accepted within 24 hours. I had offered $10 p/point less than advertised so I was honestly surprised not to be counter-offered or declined. Now the title agency... that could have been a much better experience. Nothing horrible compared to what I have heard from others but they sure didn't like to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter