• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My submission was missed. Thanks

Monday at 2:48 PM
  • lorie13---$120-$32915-250-AUL- Mar-0/23, 500/24, 250/25, 250/26, subsidized - sent 02/12

Not my UY, but fully loaded and subsidized made more sense than buying a non subsidized contract for lower price per point and one of my UY.
    lorie13---$120-$32915-250-AUL- Mar-0/23, 500/24, 250/25, 250/26, subsidized - sent 02/12, passed 02/26

... Yay! Now let's see how fast Cammy can get us closed!
Honestly, I think the Sellers cause more delays than the escrow people. I've cancelled deals at 7 days when the Seller has not bothered to return their documents (your 10 days starts at Your signature not theirs), figuring the Seller is not motivated enough for me to deal with the stress of an extended escrow (and those dates are definitely skewed in favor of the Sellers). YMMV ;)

The fact that PVB is still selling any points direct tells me tower price and association will be same as current offerings.
Just curious why you see this logic? I'm (frankly) still confused as to why there are no/few Grand Floridian direct points available too ...

Honestly, I think the Sellers cause more delays than the escrow people. I've cancelled deals at 7 days when the Seller has not bothered to return their documents (your 10 days starts at Your signature not theirs), figuring the Seller is not motivated enough for me to deal with the stress of an extended escrow (and those dates are definitely skewed in favor of the Sellers). YMMV ;)
No I totally agree, she just mentioned in her email that they are in touch with the sellers to sign their docs, so I'm just hoping she stays on them to get it done timely. We signed our purchase agreement within an hour of receiving it, but the sellers took 3 days to get it done, which I know isn't very long, but it felt like an eternity at the time b/c we were wondering if they were going to back out or get a higher offer.

No I totally agree, she just mentioned in her email that they are in touch with the sellers to sign their docs, so I'm just hoping she stays on them to get it done timely. We signed our purchase agreement within an hour of receiving it, but the sellers took 3 days to get it done, which I know isn't very long, but it felt like an eternity at the time b/c we were wondering if they were going to back out or get a higher offer.
I believe they do a complimentary online notary service so it’s usually pretty quick at getting the Sellers signed up. Fingers crossed 😊

Do you lose your deposit?

... I think the 10 days runs from when the last party signs. ...
Be sure to read your specific Purchase Agreement. There is NOT an industry standard. The ones I've read said Buyer can cancel and get deposit back for 10 days from the Buyer's signature. That is what My current DVC resale (in escrow) purchase agreement states. I would also be sure to read "how" to cancel since verbal may not protect you.

If the Seller "never" signs it, or signs after a date specified in that document you should be entitled to your deposit back but frankly, it's less stress to keep your money (whether a deposit or the final payment) than to fight to get it back if you have an issue ;) that's why a number of Buyers do not send their final payment until the Seller has returned all documents.

Last edited:
Do you lose your deposit?
No, I did not. You should not lose a deposit IF you properly cancel within the ten day period. But if you do that often, you might have trouble getting brokers who you cancelled with to promote future offers? If there is a LOT better deal before your ten days are up, it would be prudent to consider cancelling, also depending on your capacity to accept the stress of multiple stop/starts in a purchase. I've seen "better" deals turn up (even before negotiations), but for a few bucks, was happier to complete my current deal and move on... ;)

jolynne28---$84-$14415-150-SSR-Oct-150/23, 150/24, 150/25 - sent 2/19, passed 3/4

Yay! Now let's see how fast Cammy can get us closed!
Yah! I sent on 2/18 and our broker just told us Disney waived ROFR but wouldn't get an official email until later tonight - so anyone else that was 2/18 or 2/19 be on the lookout!!! We're at AUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter