ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm happy to help! I actually reached out to another board member privately, and he was very kind and helpful.

I had contacted Lauri Kilwein about a month ago. I wasn't 100% on which resort I wanted or how many points, so she gave me some great info and perspective that helped me narrow it down. I was watching all listings, but wanted to try and stick with Lauri if we could make it work. She would email me info about new contracts as they came up, and was very responsive to my questions. All 3 that I eventually made offers on were listed with them. She just happened to have 3 nearly identical contracts that I was looking for, but I would have explored other brokers if no one was interested. I basically sent her an email telling her which contracts and price per point, she presented them to the sellers, and got back to me same day to say one had accepted.

Honestly I was thinking we got super lucky, but seeing some other contracts people have posted after mine tells me that this is where the price is going so I think you'll be able to get what you're looking for! Good luck!
Thanks so much for your response! This is very helpful. I still think you got a great deal!

Which broker was it with? I think mine was on for 30ish days, so maybe we hit the sweet spot for people to decide they just want to sell and move on. One of the contracts I offered on had been on for 5 months, so I figured they were holding out for a higher price.
It was not the sponsor of this page. The agent was surprised that they accepted right away and didn’t try to get more. The first contract had been on the market 6-7 days. But when you see more and more contracts popping up and with lower prices and yours is still there after 40 days I think they were happy. I know they bought in 2012, because I looked it up on the comptroller.

I sometimes wonder if this will be the fate of Aulani in 20 years. I suppose this fate might be inevitable for every contract as they approach it’s expiration
I’m an Aulani owner. I think it there will forever and always be a special draw to Hawaii. I’m a bit surprised at myself for getting a contact at WDW, primarily as a jump off place to take cruises from following a long flight to get to Florida. Vero might be nice, and still it will never really compare to Hawaii.

Thanks for all the information. We aren't too worried about the expiring points. If there was a work around by renting them from the seller I figured we should explore it.
There is a work around! If the seller will do it, you can do a rental and a delayed closing. If I were the seller I would want a few $$ more for the inconvenience and the rental value at least put into escrow. Benefit to you is if Disney takes it you essentially get a free rental!

Well after 12 years and 7 trips, starting with booking a 1 BR villa at VGF direct through Disney and then renting reservations, we finally decided to do what we wish we would have done 12 yrs ago.

bdrex28 ---$96-$12480-130-SSR-Feb-0/23, 231/24, 130/25, 130/26- sent 2/22

Asking was $98, we offered $92 but settled on $96.

Now we will look over the next year or so to add a small contract to this.

Also, I want to say that this forum and the members, especially a couple that were very very helpful to us, has been incredible. It's funny how the rabbit hole slowly opens bigger and bigger. I first joined this forum after our second disney trip to find out about restaurants and recommendations and then the hole got bigger. But wow, we've learned so much over that time and I know will continue to learn more.

thank you

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if this will be the fate of Aulani in 20 years. I suppose this fate might be inevitable for every contract as they approach it’s expiration
Aulani has a robust hotel business and they keep their beds filled with kama'aina during the slow times, which sort of dilutes the maintenance burden borne by the membership. At Vero Beach, the membership has to finance absolutely everything so it was much easier for their dues to get out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter