ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, thank you so much! We are very excited to own here. Love the name as well, my husbands favorite character is Oswald :-)

You will love it!

Oh, and my name is actually a character from the show Doctor Who, not Disney's Oswald. But I could see the confusion. 😁 We'll be staying at our home resort of VGC for the very first time this summer!

17 full years left 130/17 = 7.65
Dues = 8.67

8.67 + 7.65 = 16.32

Does not include closing costs or TVM.
Yes, this is the “short cut” I was looking for.
I used to do the math the long way that I saw on a YouTube video, but it was crazy once I found the quicker way to do it, but I always forget what it is. lol
So… 115/17=6.77 + 8.67 = $15.44.
**** that's almost as much as my VGC pp. lol

I definitely need to look into some cheap SAP+ if I add any more. But for this small of a contract, I’m not too worried about resale value.

Yes, this is the “short cut” I was looking for.
I used to do the math the long way that I saw on a YouTube video, but it was crazy once I found the quicker way to do it, but I always forget what it is. lol
So… 115/17=6.77 + 8.67 = $15.44.
**** that's almost as much as my VGC pp. lol

I definitely need to look into some cheap SAP+ if I add any more. But for this small of a contract, I’m not too worried about resale value.
BLT and CCV to @Chili327: “We knew you’d be back….”

BLT is definitely hard too say no too at these current pricing trends. Expect that to change after their upcoming hard refurb is done. CCV will always be our resort of choice but it’s either studio or 2BR. 1BR unfortunately doesn’t have a 5th sleeper yet so we will need another 75 to 100 points once our 5th hits 3 🥲

Yea I think even if I get the BWV (it’s only 25), I’m still going to need another 50 or so. I’m sure it’ll end up being CCV. lol

BLT is definitely hard too say no too at these current pricing trends. Expect that to change after their upcoming hard refurb is done. CCV will always be our resort of choice but it’s either studio or 2BR. 1BR unfortunately doesn’t have a 5th sleeper yet so we will need another 75 to 100 points once our 5th hits 3 🥲
Yes I really liked BLT when I took the tour last week, but for basically the same price I just can’t see picking BLT over CCV.

Last edited:
17 full years left 130/17 = 7.65
Dues = 8.67

8.67 + 7.65 = 16.32

Does not include closing costs or TVM.
I would imagine the small contracts are materially worse because closing costs could be another $20/pt, right?

Having said that, if you are actually going to use all points at BWV until the end and use home resort advantage (along with stalking and walking) to get the cheapest rooms, it’s a significant saving over booking cash…though stripped out points (and paying dues on phantom points) is even worse on a short contract.

Last edited:
I would imagine the small contracts are materially worse because closing costs could be another $20/pt, right?

Having said that, if you are actually going to use all points at BWV until the end and use home resort advantage (along with stalking and walking) to get the cheapest rooms, it’s a significant saving over booking cash…though stripped out points (and paying dues on phantom points) is even worse on a short contract.
I’ll do the math again if my offer gets accepted to see what the real numbers are.

It’s kind of tough because the number of points per room are different between resorts…..and the 2042s point charts are a down right bargain…..
Yes, absolutely—though we’ve been able to use AUL and VGF points at BCV nearly 6 nights in the past year…it helps that we are often only trying to squeeze in 1-3 nights here and there at the beginning/end of other trips.

It’s kind of tough because the number of points per room are different between resorts…..and the 2042s point charts are a down right bargain…..
Yes. I figured I can get 5 nights with banking and borrowing every 3 years with a 25pt contract (15/night), so it’s the perfect add on to another 3-5 nights (CCV, AKV, Poly, etc)

I’ll do the math again if my offer gets accepted to see what the real numbers are.
So for 25 points…
$2875+$485+$225= $3585
Is that $211pp? (or $8.44pp)
And direct is $240.
I’m not sure how to do the math, that can’t be right.

Last edited:

How much does resale prices usually jump after a refurbishment? Is that just because people are suddenly more interested or what? I think it's so weird that some studios sleep 5 but some 1 bedrooms do not. Such a strange choice! Is it possible they could add a 5th sleeper to the CCV 1 bedroom during the refurb or is there no room for it?

How are closing costs calculated typically? We have a 50 pt contract (BRV) in ROFR now and our closing costs are estimated at $501.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter