ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re telling me there’s no compensation to the buyer if they don’t close the transaction!?
I had a seller for a double loaded AUL @ $85pp at the end of 2022…. passed ROFR…. I signed my docs….. seller couldn’t close because of financial reasons…. I got nothing back but my deposit…. This was after broker made a mistake and it had to go back to ROFR a second time…. I was paying dues on the 22 and 23 points to help make sure seller could pay…. but there was something else going on and they were too embarrassed to let us know and we were ghosted for two weeks before the title agent and broker let me know…

we were within 7m of our trip and needed the points as we and in-laws had already booked flights to HI…. went direct for 200pts and got previous year and current years points loaded with an hour or two….

I had a seller for a double loaded AUL @ $85pp at the end of 2022…. passed ROFR…. I signed my docs….. seller couldn’t close because of financial reasons…. I got nothing back but my deposit…. This was after broker made a mistake and it had to go back to ROFR a second time…. I was paying dues on the 22 and 23 points to help make sure seller could pay…. but there was something else going on and they were too embarrassed to let us know and we were ghosted for two weeks before the title agent and broker let me know…
Wow, that is horrible!

Wow, that is horrible!
Yeah…. so a seller who couldn’t close and then ROFR’d a year later on that VGF! 🤣

I feel like there should be merit badges for these things….

If Disney ROFR’s this 2nd VGF contract we will officially be out of the WDW game and stick to the safety of our West Coast resorts….

Last edited:
Yeah…. so a seller who couldn’t close and then ROFR’d a year later on that VGF! 🤣

I’m feel like there should be merit badges for these things….

If Disney ROFR’s this 2nd VGF contract we will officially be out of the WDW game and stick to the safety of our West Coast resorts….

Would you ever buy VGF direct? (Is that even available anymore?) I really hope it passes ROFR for you! How often do you guys head out to WDW?

I am getting impatient on my contract as its been almost 30 days...The broker came back on 1/26 and said that the contract # was listed wrong and that we needed to sign an addendum, so we did...
I asked if this would hold us up through ROFR and was told no...

I am guessing that it is...UGH. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am getting impatient on my contract as its been almost 30 days...The broker came back on 1/26 and said that the contract # was listed wrong and that we needed to sign an addendum, so we did...

It absolutely restarts the entire ROFR clock

Nope. Because the seller always has the right to change their mind and the only damage the buyer would have is time.

Obviously one could try and sue the seller to enforce the contract but that is not going to be easy to do.
It depends on the contract but this is consistent with those I've seen from fidelityrealestate.com and dvcresalemarket.com. This is why I would never buy with a delayed closing. If prices go up while you're waiting (by more than they'd lose on the broker commission), the seller could just decide to back out and resell.

Adding data point for ROFR, unfortunately seller backed out at the last minute after passing ROFR.

raionheart---$130-$10440-75-CCV@WL-Oct-0/22, 0/23, 19/24, 75/25- sent 1/18, passed 2/7
Wow! That’s a great rate! Was it listed for that amount? If not what was it listed at, out of curiosity?

Would you ever buy VGF direct? (Is that even available anymore?) I really hope it passes ROFR for you! How often do you guys head out to WDW?
$230pp…. They don’t have any points to sell now (although we know they are building up inventory!). 125 points is not a lot at VGF, but with a 3 year bank borrow will get us 5-nights in a 2BD SV over 2025 Spring break if we go Sunday through Friday.

I would probably consider adding a small direct contract to be able to stretch it to 6 nights since the prices of small contracts are so high and I don’t think many people would be willing to transfer out 25 points and give up their one external transfer….

The 2BD Lake View point chart is actually a bit infuriating since the Friday/Saturday nights are an odd number of points and that makes the 3-year bank/borrow game difficult. I wish they would do OTUP at 11m if you are just 1-5 points short at a home resort.

But let’s see if this one gets taken too. If it does then my wife has said we are out of the WDW game and will just see what’s available at 7m if we want to go.

out of the WDW game
No interest in "VGC East" - CCV? Seems to have a long contract, a solid point chart, and it's a fun boat ride to the madness. To me, it being a bit out of the way makes it a great perk as it has all of the upside of VGC (great theme and such) but it's almost never a mad house like the Grand Cal. I've only owned a few years but I've already enjoyed a few mid-day relaxing quasi naps in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. Only been to the GF a few times, but every time the lobby was busy. Defiantly see the love people have for VGF, it's a iconic resort for sure.

No interest in "VGC East" - CCV? Seems to have a long contract, a solid point chart, and it's a fun boat ride to the madness. To me, it being a bit out of the way makes it a great perk as it has all of the upside of VGC (great theme and such) but it's almost never a mad house like the Grand Cal. I've only owned a few years but I've already enjoyed a few mid-day relaxing quasi naps in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. Only been to the GF a few times, but every time the lobby was busy. Defiantly see the love people have for VGF, it's an iconic resort for sure.
I think WL is a fabulous resort…. it just looks exactly like where I live in the Pacific NW. It would be like someone from Hawaii staying at the Polynesian.

I know Grand Cal is NorCal Arts & Crafts…. but we discovered it when we lived by the beach in SoCal (San Diego and Marina del Rey) and already have 23 years of memories there…. and you can’t beat the location of the DVC wing…

I think the EPCOT resorts would probably be the best location fit for us…. but my wife has said she refuses to go on the Skyliner (she is a very risk averse person….she had never been in an airplane before she met me) and the 1Bd room layouts of BW/BC just don’t match up with how we want to vacation…. and I don’t want to stress out over getting a 2Bd lockoff….

Grand Flo has that nostalgic Hotel Del/ Uncle Jesse Disney Magic, great restaurants, a smaller vila wing, and walking access to a park for my wife….

I had to sign an addendum on 1/30 for mine that went to ROFR on 1/19 so I feel your pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter