ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to feel defeated today. This is my second contract taken in the last month and would’ve been my first DVC contract. Mine have been the first bought back at PVB (others were taken after) and VGF in a while according to all of the information I could find so it’s been pretty unexpected both times. I even talked to my agent before submitting the VGF asking if he thought I should offer more since my last one was taken and he said he felt it was a strong offer and he wasn’t too concerned about it being taken. It took 8 days for PVB, so I was really expecting a pass with the VGF since it took 20 days to get the news. And, while the points on the contract were significantly higher than mine, a VGF passed last week at the same price per point. 😢
Now, trying to decide if I want to start this process over, wait for a while, or just forget it all together. With so much up in the air at Disney World right now, maybe it’s a sign?! I don’t know!

Thoughts?
Your contract was pretty loaded and a good price comparatively.
Whenever you try to put through a good deal there’s a chance it gets taken... but that’s also the only way you get a good deal!
I’d keep trying! Disney took my first offer but passed my second.

GBBT7636---$144-$29520-200-BLT-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 2/9, taken 2/24

First time posting here. Disappointed, but not surprised I got snagged by the ROFR monster. Seems to be a run on BLT contracts and the ppp continues to increase in the resale market. Only 15 days from when it was sent to a ROFR decision.

Your contract was pretty loaded and a good price comparatively.
Whenever you try to put through a good deal there’s a chance it gets taken... but that’s also the only way you get a good deal!
I’d keep trying! Disney took my first offer but passed my second.
I agree. Unfortunately, I keep bidding on DVC resorts that have very little information that I could find about previous sales. When I was looking, both of my offers were higher than what had passed the previous month. Who knows?! I know I saw on here 2 offers that were essentially the same except one was loaded. Disney took the one that wasn’t loaded and passed the loaded one and they were within a day of each other. But, like you said, I’ll keep trying!
We’ve been to WDW twice since they reopened and I told my husband that I wouldn’t ask to go again until masks are no longer required (not trying to start anything about masks - I understand why they have the rule and respect it, but we can go other places and enjoy our vacations without needing masks. He’s not a big Disney fan, but he comes because he loves me, so I figure we can do more of the things he enjoys, like snow skiing, without the need for masks while we wait.) All that to say, I guess I’m not really in a hurry, so I can keep trying for great deals. They can’t take them all!

GBBT7636---$144-$29520-200-BLT-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 2/9, taken 2/24

First time posting here. Disappointed, but not surprised I got snagged by the ROFR monster. Seems to be a run on BLT contracts and the ppp continues to increase in the resale market. Only 15 days from when it was sent to a ROFR decision.
So sorry! I’ve lost two in the past month to that monster! 👿

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
That's the spirit!!

The real depression is when you are finished making offers!! I miss the excitement of picking out contracts to buy!

Good luck and keep us informed! We are here for you!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Maybe you can make the offers for me, so I don’t have to know about them until one finally makes it through! 🤣 But, in all seriousness, thanks!

Its crazy the decisions they make, my 200 BLT contract with 2020 and 2021 points passed yesterday at the same $144. Mine was October, but still it seems like it is totally random.

I had a lawyer do mine, I think many of them are able to if you wanted to check out a few and their fees.

ETA: Also CDN.
K thanks come the time I will see what I can find. I know I saw one but it was $200 per signature, plus it was in central Toronto, yuck.
JC1984---$107-$26319-220-AUL-Sep-411/20, 220/21, 220/22- sent 2/2, passed 2/23

Now I don’t have to look like Mickey on crack constantly refreshing the email
Congrats, we'll have to see if we end up running into you there some time, lol. I will be interested to see when you close compared to mine.

Congrats, we'll have to see if we end up running into you there some time, lol. I will be interested to see when you close compared to mine.
We will be there hopefully in January 2022. I plan on updating the Closing Time Thread but will DM you my dates as well.

Thanks! It’s definitely a roller coaster! I guess if I can’t go to Disney right now, I can at least get part of the experience! 😂
I think the waiting is the hardest! I’m okay with moving on to the next, it’s just so hard to have to wait so long to find out. I guess I need to change my expectations. Just expect for it to not go through and not check my email and this thread obsessively and if one happens to make it, I can be excited then as opposed to getting excited when an offer is accepted and feeling like it’s already mine. It’s just so hard to feel like something is ripped out from under you.
It took me 5 contracts to get one through and while it wasn't the original resort I was targeting I am actually happier with the one we got through. If you want it, don't get invested emotionally if you can. Its why I had to cut my wife out of the process, she got too excited and then hugely let down after the evil ROFR monster kept eating all our hard work. So I just told her we weren't buying anymore and then I did everything on my own till I got the right one for us.

[QUOTE="DisneyMom_3, post: 62721587, member: 667833
That's the spirit!!

The real depression is when you are finished making offers!! I miss the excitement of picking out contracts to buy!

Good luck and keep us informed! We are here for you!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
[/QUOTE]

Funny enough I just miss searching and negotiating the contracts.

Its crazy the decisions they make, my 200 BLT contract with 2020 and 2021 points passed yesterday at the same $144. Mine was October, but still it seems like it is totally random.

Wasn’t your contract an international seller? Seems to make a big difference in getting a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter