ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just saying I wouldn't even pay $100 per point for RR if it was offered on resale because of the restrictions it would give me so naturally it has less value because lack of value on the back end. The direct buyer doesn't see that issue until they sell which everyone assumes they won't initially. I do feel you are right that as 2042 approaches we will see a major crash in DVC value as they are intentionally planning from my point of view. But that would mean they forgot what made DVC the timeshare it is today... Value for the long term which includes owning a product that doesn't depreciate instantly. DVC is selling that resort slow for a reason and I believe it is because of people like me see it differently.

Here's the caveat- what new resorts will be around 20 years from now and will you be able to use your Riviera points at that resort? I agree that the resorts that expire in 2042 are going to have a tipping point and decrease in value, but if DVC2 grows and keeps building new resorts, there's going to be a demand there.. and if you can use Riviera points at any DVC2 resort, those points are going to be worth more rather than less.

Is anyone concerned about the 2022 point chart and the extra points in it? I was looking very seriously at buying my first contract but I'm concerned that DVC seems to be playing with points in a way they shouldn't be (increasing them in one part of the calendar but not decreasing them in another).

No- the adjustments ALWAYS are even. So they go up in one place, they go down in another place. It may not be the same room category or time of year, so you may not find it right away, but the chart ALWAYS has the same amount of points each year.

Any news from the Valentine guy ?
@gskywalker how did the Valentines surprise go? We are all so excited for you guys!! My hubby and I went a little bit overboard at Disney Springs last night valentines shopping with the 30% DVC discount 🤣. He got the Citizens Iron Man 3000 watch and I got a Disney Enchanted Fine Jewelry Cinderella Ring ❤️🥰

No- the adjustments ALWAYS are even. So they go up in one place, they go down in another place. It may not be the same room category or time of year, so you may not find it right away, but the chart ALWAYS has the same amount of points each year.

Right, exactly.... oh, wait o_O

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-point-balancing-2022-vs-2021.3820183/
I'm checking-in regularly on that thread. IMHO, DVC is pulling some serious shenanigans

I too was trying to convince myself to buy a CCV contract - in addition to the BLT resale contract I bought over the summer (I was also thinking direct - even though it doesn't really make sense for our family - I guess FOMO is getting to me :)). Convincing myself got a lot harder after reading that thread.

Last edited:
What is everyone's experience with Magic Vacation Title? We used Mason Title and Escrow with our last resale purchase and the comparison isn't even close. Next time we will request to use Mason Title.

What is everyone's experience with Magic Vacation Title? We used Mason Title and Escrow with our last resale purchase and the comparison isn't even close. Next time we will request to use Mason Title.

I haven't had a problem with them. Communication seems to be good, and everything seems to be moving along ok. They were a little slow in taking the escrow deposit, but it didn't hold anything up.

Still waiting at Day 42 for Poly at $138 pp @ 160 points April. Anybody’s contract taken after Day 42? I wonder if the Use Year impacts Disney’s ROFR selection process.

thebigman65---$150-$32235-200-BLT-Feb-0/20, 200/21, 200/22- sent 1/31- Taken 2/15

Number 3 taken since Jan. Onto the next one!
Sorry to hear that. Doesn’t make me feel good about mine sent the same day, same points at 144 pp. Mine is an international seller though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter