ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
”You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last....” – Maelstrom

Greetings everyone! It's Derek with the DVC Resale Market and what a perfect quote as we look forward to helping so many more families in 2021 pass ROFR! Congrats to the following 34 great families that passed ROFR with us in the last week - what a great way to start a brand new year. Big thanks again to everyone out there for a truly incredible week of making magic - stay safe & magical and reach out to us with any questions :)

MIX, TATMAN , MENDOZA-FABIANI, HARVEY, SIEBERT, YII, BENT, TUREK, STUPIN, WECKMAN, PIGGOTT, CARLSON, GONZALEZ, KEARBEY, GREEN, PAWELA, WEIGHT, TOEBES, TAYLOR, DELISLE, NEVEIL, AMICO, ANDERSON, GREEN, CALLAWAY, MORALES, TSE, KAZMER, THURSTON, PIROLI, LABRANCHE & THUNHOLM

”You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last....” – Maelstrom

Greetings everyone! It's Derek with the DVC Resale Market and what a perfect quote as we look forward to helping so many more families in 2021 pass ROFR! Congrats to the following 34 great families that passed ROFR with us in the last week - what a great way to start a brand new year. Big thanks again to everyone out there for a truly incredible week of making magic - stay safe & magical and reach out to us with any questions :)

MIX, TATMAN , MENDOZA-FABIANI, HARVEY, SIEBERT, YII, BENT, TUREK, STUPIN, WECKMAN, PIGGOTT, CARLSON, GONZALEZ, KEARBEY, GREEN, PAWELA, WEIGHT, TOEBES, TAYLOR, DELISLE, NEVEIL, AMICO, ANDERSON, GREEN, CALLAWAY, MORALES, TSE, KAZMER, THURSTON, PIROLI, LABRANCHE & THUNHOLM

Congrats to all the new owners and those adding more points! :)

Just bid on a Riviera resale contract- we fell in love with Riviera after doing the DVC Tour. It’s an international seller- crossing my fingers that he accepts the offer!
Wow another one? Good luck. How did you find that its an international seller? I was looking the other day and I only found one site that makes it easy to find out, all the rest you have to pull up each individual contract and see whether it mentions it.

Wow another one? Good luck. How did you find that its an international seller? I was looking the other day and I only found one site that makes it easy to find out, all the rest you have to pull up each individual contract and see whether it mentions it.

I had no idea it was an international seller. This morning, the agent emailed me to let me know that he received my offer and that the seller is international so some additional forms will be needed for tax purposes. I confirmed that we were ok with that and he submitted the offer.

checking my email 20 times an hour now to see if the seller responds to the offer- lol.

I had no idea it was an international seller. This morning, the agent emailed me to let me know that he received my offer and that the seller is international so some additional forms will be needed for tax purposes. I confirmed that we were ok with that and he submitted the offer.

checking my email 20 times an hour now to see if the seller responds to the offer- lol.
Usually the great part would be that Disney won't ROFR it but in the case of Riviera of course it won't matter because they won't take it. Its why I tried to see if I could find out which ones are international so I could stop Disney taking all of my contracts. I put in another offer last night for Aulani but with Magical Express being cut I think I am going to say no to it or future deals. Might look at a resale Sheraton time share instead if I am going to be forced to rent a van every time I go to Disney. Much cheaper and awesome rooms and facilities (Sheraton Vistana Villeges).

Usually the great part would be that Disney won't ROFR it but in the case of Riviera of course it won't matter because they won't take it. Its why I tried to see if I could find out which ones are international so I could stop Disney taking all of my contracts. I put in another offer last night for Aulani but with Magical Express being cut I think I am going to say no to it or future deals. Might look at a resale Sheraton time share instead if I am going to be forced to rent a van every time I go to Disney. Much cheaper and awesome rooms and facilities (Sheraton Vistana Villeges).

I don’t blame you.
Aulani points can be a good deal. I would have considered that next but my mom was really excited about Riviera and this contract would be split between her, myself and my sister. I do like the idea of owning something from “DVC 2.”

the ME stuff is crummy. We use it anytime we fly. We saw the article while we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the ME to pick us up, so it was pretty meta.

I don’t blame you.
Aulani points can be a good deal. I would have considered that next but my mom was really excited about Riviera and this contract would be split between her, myself and my sister. I do like the idea of owning something from “DVC 2.”

the ME stuff is crummy. We use it anytime we fly. We saw the article while we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the ME to pick us up, so it was pretty meta.
Scratch the Sheraton Timeshare idea, I just did a comparison and the maintenance fees are more than the price of staying there through Expedia for the exact same week. I will just book to stay there instead. $1220 all in for a week in May for a 2 bedroom.....and Disney can't even give me magical express to make up the difference compared to the exact same stay at Disney's cheapest 2bedroom, OKW for $5244 using the annual pass discounted room. 4k more for.....??????

Last edited:
twinmom108---$65-$10245-150-HH-Sep-0/19, 141/20, 150/21, 150/22- sent 12/18
I've seen a couple contracts sent to ROFR after our date (one was sent 12/30) and already have their reply back from Disney. I did call the title company today to check on it, but Disney hasn't returned their decision yet. Hopefully soon.

Haven't heard on the 4th one yet. The first 3 were BLT, the one I am waiting on is AKV, $92, 270 points, full 21 and beyond points. Hoping to get lucky that it passes but I would bet against it. No one has gotten this low of a price (on the dis list at least) other than during the no ROFR time. Otherwise I am hoping that maybe they don't like that it is 5 contracts (5 contact in one sale) for some reason, maybe it's a lot of extra paperwork?? I can hope at least
This is a great deal and the 5 contracts is awesome if it passes
I've seen a couple contracts sent to ROFR after our date (one was sent 12/30) and already have their reply back from Disney. I did call the title company today to check on it, but Disney hasn't returned their decision yet. Hopefully soon.

Ours too, I checked in over the weekend and they’ve not heard from Disney yet either. Our was sent 12/22

Last edited:
I'm surprised by that as well. I sent a VB contract for ROFR on 11/24 and still haven't heard back from Disney. I figured HHI and VB were put on the back burner since they are off WDW property. Seeing some HHI ones already come back that were sent after me kinda annoyed me since mine was sent so long ago with no decision.

Aren’t the Sheraton time shares next to impossible to get rid of? Also, just FYI, Magical Express is not offered at Aulani.

I'm surprised by that as well. I sent a VB contract for ROFR on 11/24 and still haven't heard back from Disney. I figured HHI and VB were put on the back burner since they are off WDW property. Seeing some HHI ones already come back that were sent after me kinda annoyed me since mine was sent so long ago with no decision.
Our date sent was 2/18. Yours sent on 11/24 was 3 weeks before ours. Have you called to check on? Seems excessively long time.

Aren’t the Sheraton time shares next to impossible to get rid of? Also, just FYI, Magical Express is not offered at Aulani.
Yes they are hence the cost to buy the resale was $0, just had to pay closing and take it over. Even with no cost for the contract it doesn't financially sense to purchase, I can get the same week for a lower cost through expedia than the dues on the timeshare contract. I just looked at it because the resort is great. So we will instead just book a stay there/try other condos moving forward as opposed to buying more DVC or staying onsite.

As for Aulani, thanks for letting me know. I had checked that but really it wasn't a big deal because we would want a rental to go to Pearl Harbor, a plantation, grocery store, etc. anyway. Different type of trip than Disney world.

I've been watching small (100pts or less) BLT contracts still and am really surprised at the pricing on most of them. Seems like they are all listed pretty high right out of the gate.

I've been watching small (100pts or less) BLT contracts still and am really surprised at the pricing on most of them. Seems like they are all listed pretty high right out of the gate.
All of the resorts will be priced higher for small contracts. They’re easier to unload and in higher demand. The larger the contract, the better a deal (per point) you can usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter