• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Passed

RanDIZ---$140-$15379-100-CCV@WL-Dec-0/19, 79/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 12/16, passed 1/13

This is almost exactly what I am looking for, except I’d like 150 points. Seen some at $147/148 pp that I was thinking of offering $140. Is that too much of a lowball amount?

Congrats!!!

This is almost exactly what I am looking for, except I’d like 150 points. Seen some at $147/148 pp that I was thinking of offering $140. Is that too much of a lowball amount?

Congrats!!!
They can only say no i would even try 135 you never know I offered 95 for AKL and was accepted and passed

Congrats!!!

Thanks! There's one out there now @ $146 for 100pt with a little more points than mine. Good Luck.

Snk5050---$108-$29700-250-AKV-Apr-0/19, 250/20, 250/21, 250/22- sent 12/29, passed 1/14

Gives me hope that I will hear on my AKV contract soon. Mine is a lower price than everyone's but mine went in a week before yours for ROFR.

They can only say no i would even try 135 you never know I offered 95 for AKL and was accepted and passed

Its how I ended up with our AKV $92 offer that is awaiting ROFR. Never thought they would accept and I may lose it like I did my $130 BLT contract but its worth seeing whether it goes through. If this one doesn't go through, after 4 contracts taken by ROFR and with the recent cuts we likely won't be trying to buy anymore.

Exactly. That's how I approach every offer. If they say no, either counter or move on. At the end of the day though, a couple hundred dollars spread over 10-15 yrs is nothing or even the life of a contract is peanuts.

I never understand why so many people say its just a couple of hundred dollars. As an example my AKV contract, if I offered $105 which is more a normal cheap price than my $92. The difference is $3510 (not even including it being $4560 CDN for me). That is a significant chunk of change. If we are talking about $1 a point difference then yes I can understand it a bit more but I don't think many people walk away over a battle over a $1

I never understand why so many people say its just a couple of hundred dollars. As an example my AKV contract, if I offered $105 which is more a normal cheap price than my $92. The difference is $3510 (not even including it being $4560 CDN for me). That is a significant chunk of change. If we are talking about $1 a point difference then yes I can understand it a bit more but I don't think many people walk away over a battle over a $1

Oh it can definitely be in the thousands. I should've been clearer that I was referring to my 100pt contract. If I had nickel and dimed back and forth and lost this contract, It wouldn't have been worth losing it over a couple hundred.

a fellow Canadian I'm from Niagara area---sorry don't mean to go off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter