ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing!!! After 25 days I kind of started giving up. It took 34 days for our last one to get taken. We are not in any rush, as we already have our trips planned for this year, but the frustrating part is just waiting around for somebody to tell you it’s getting taken!! My DH and I are actually just in the middle of conversation discussing what to do next. We might just take a break and try again for SSR. But if not, we are thinking of maybe just trying for Poly, since that is where we would want to use the bulk of the SSR points anyway. So we will see! Thanks for reaching out, so sweet of you!!! :flower3:

After I had my one and only SSR attempt taken, I also changed course and just bought where I wanted to stay. I was planning on using those SSR points at 7-months for other resorts almost exclusively. It worked out in the end for me going for the resort I actually wanted. :) There's nothing wrong with SSR, but it just isn't for us since we still spend 90% of our time in the parks.

Same. We've stayed at SSR, but are looking to use the points at other resorts and resort hop. I just couldn't pass up the price and low maintenance fees. I know it's tough to get in a 7 months these days, but I know plenty of people who do it with a little patience and flexibility. Since we passed, I'll just hope this strategy works out for me. I mean no matter what, we'll be at Disney :)

Good luck with this one! We also paid up for BCV just to get it done and because there aren’t a lot of smaller contracts that come up. I have always loved BCV also. DH agreed to buy without ever really being there but we had a couples trip to BW and he appreciated the area more. We own BLT for the kids. BCV is for us for couples F&W trips through retirement. BLT is nice but it’s not BCV! And we also can’t justify paying direct or paying BC prices to stay!

I hope this one passes!
Thank you so much! I was so happy to see yours go through! You will have many years of wonderful BCV stays in your future!

It seems like you really do need to own BCV or rent points if you have specific dates in mind...even quite a while in advance. That's why we decided to increase our offer price....we really want to own and stay there AND the anxiety of waiting and having it taken was not something we want to keep experiencing. Hoping this will be our lucky one!

Enjoy F&W! I just saw that they finally released the 2019 dates....8/29-11/23/19. Interesting that it begins the same day as SW-GE opens at WDW!!!

MY DH & I have never been during F&W but I have a quick trip with a friend in September so we are looking forward to a F&W day then! We were unable to get BCV unless our 2 day waitlist comes through but we were lucky enough to get a couple nights at Poly and a couple nights at BWV.

Take care!

After 9 days of accepting our offer the sellers finally signed the contract and it has been sent off to Disney! I don't hold much hope that it will pass ROFR, but we had to try as it is the perfect contract for us and the price was right.

minniemoo15---$103-$27345-240-AKV-Feb-0/18, 240/19, 240/20 - sent 4/3
Good luck!!! Sending positive wishes your way!

Sorry everyone...I’m currently on a cruise and don’t have a chance to create a new thread / do all of the updates until this weekend. Just keep posting everything and I will sort it out later :).
Yay!!!! Have a great time on your cruise!!!!

Week 3 here waiting on my closing documents from First American. Sigh.... I just emailed my broker at Fidelity because I needed to email somebody to release some of this anticipated anxiety. All she could say is First American is back logged. Ya think? Cause Mason Title is knocking them out left and right?!?! Last week I actually called and spoke to the lady who was preparing my closing docs at First American and she did say it would be beginning of this week. My thoughts....because First American handles the closing for direct Disney, me thinks Rivera is taking priority for sure. Sorry to hear there are many of y’all suffering with me. Let us commisserate together! I won’t even be using my points until next year I just want to close on the darn thing and gain access to the DVC site.
We waited almost four weeks. I feel your pain. For us timing is critical. We have points that need to be used by 5/31.

We waited almost four weeks. I feel your pain. For us timing is critical. We have points that need to be used by 5/31.

Oh goodness. Have you finally gotten all things in and were you able to find availability at a resort? We have a 2018 points but a Dec use year so just need to be able to at least bank by August I believe.

Oh goodness. Have you finally gotten all things in and were you able to find availability at a resort? We have a 2018 points but a Dec use year so just need to be able to at least bank by August I believe.
Unfortunately not. We received our closing docs last Wednesday and sent them back immediately. The sellers haven't returned theirs yet. There seemed to be no reason why it took so long to get the closing docs and now the sellers are dragging their feet. The availability for May is dwindling by the day. I am NOT a happy camper. I will try to wait until after all is said and done and then post more thoughts on both Fidelity and First American Title. But thus far, of our four contracts, this has been the most painful.

Unfortunately not. We received our closing docs last Wednesday and sent them back immediately. The sellers haven't returned theirs yet. There seemed to be no reason why it took so long to get the closing docs and now the sellers are dragging their feet. The availability for May is dwindling by the day. I am NOT a happy camper. I will try to wait until after all is said and done and then post more thoughts on both Fidelity and First American Title. But thus far, of our four contracts, this has been the most painful.

Gah!!!! I’m so sorry. What an absolute nightmare. It is super frustrating when you know things can move faster because they have proven to do so many times before yet our hands are tied as the buyer. I am new to DVC as a whole and I know it would not help with a May trip but I hope you can at least put those points into RCI to be able to use them for something in the future so you are not out completely. Fingers crossed sellers get a move on with it!

Day 36 :sad2: My second place contract that I've been staring at for a week is now sale pending. Sigh...I didn't need these points this year anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter