ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they actually passed anyone since Tuesday? I know they showed on dvc resale markets Facebook I think 23 waivers, but since then all I’ve seen have been taken
I noticed this too and was wondering... makes me nervous... Though my date is in feb so hopefully all this craziness will be done by then...

Does Disney ever render decisions over the weekend, or should I just expect to not hear anything until Monday (would be Day 38 for me)? Assuming the latter . . .

Last edited:
Does Disney ever render decisions over the weekend, or should I just expect to not hear anything until Monday (would be Day 38 for me)? Assuming the later . . .

Usually, they don't do anything over the weekends regarding ROFR notices. However, they have sent out notices on the weekends before. Sorry, but that is the most honest answer I can give you.

Usually, they don't do anything over the weekends regarding ROFR notices. However, they have sent out notices on the weekends before. Sorry, but that is the most honest answer I can give you.
No need to apologize - super helpful. Thanks!

I recommend that unless you see a good price, you do exactly this: wait it out. There's no rush now, so you can take your time throwing out lower offers. If one gets accepted by a seller, great! If not, just move on. There are a lot of contracts out there, and they are taking longer to move. Some are still selling quickly, but most are sitting now compared to a month and a half ago.

Also, I've had multiple brokers tell me in the past that when a lot of people get their tax refunds, they buy DVC. While most of us paid less in total taxes this year compared to last year, our refunds are smaller because we withheld less. I'm not trying to start a debate about politics and taxes. I am simply stating that all available news suggests that tax refunds are lower as a general trend, so those that are used to getting, and I'm completely making this up, $10,000 in a refund may be getting less than that which means less disposable income for DVC points. Whether or not this is a good use of your tax refund is another matter entirely, and shouldn't be judged. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone what to do with his/her money.

I think this is exactly right. I'm keeping an eye out for another 50-100 points, but now that the 1/19 deadline has passed, I don't feel compelled to buy anything right now just for the sake of buying. If a contract comes along at the right price with the right use year, then I'll make an offer, but there's not a deadline anymore that's forcing anyone to rush to buy a contract.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once Disney starts selling Riviera. It seems like a lot of people who buy resale originally looked at buying direct before realizing that they could save money through resale. That may change change if new buyers get scared off by the idea that their resale points can't be used at Riviera. It could cut the other way too if buyers are more scared by the thought that they'd have to settle for a lower sales price if they want to offload their Riviera contracts because their buyers can't use the points elsewhere.

We were only very casually considering more points, but then we were at WDW when the resale restrictions were announced and made a couple quick offers. We made what I'd consider low but fair offers, given our research, including in this forum. We were rejected, no big deal, adding on before the restrictions wasn't that crucial to us. But the add-on bug totally bit me and I started obsessively checking every resale site. We made low offers on multiple contracts over the past month, to no avail. But like others have posted, it's got to be the right price. :teacher:

I’ve been following the ROFR thread off and on for many years and there’s no rhyme or reason to what gets taken - you’ll see a more expensive one taken while a cheaper contract passes. There’s a theory that DVC may be on the lookout for certain unit numbers to match up w/ what they have to make it easier to resell since they can divide a 200 point contract into two 100 pointers or four 50 pointers, or they can combine two 100 pointers into one 200 pointer if those 100 pointers are in the same unit. I do suspect that they are more sophisticated with anticipating what new purchasers who don’t like the newest DVC resort may be interested in and want points in those resorts on hand - but who knows.
Hello all. This is my first post so please bear with me. I've been reading and absorbing the wealth of info you've made available here - Thank you.
I may be well off the mark but wonder if this could possibly be the reason for Disney exercising ROFR on certain contracts... could their intention over time; be to take control of the 'unit' in it's entirety - perhaps to remove the 'unit' from DVC; potentially to return those particular 'units' (or even 'portions of a building') to cash resort reservations?
Copied from Page 6 Part 3 of the 'Standard Information Form for Timeshare Contracts' (revised 01/17/2019) which I read on Disney's Disney.go site.
"When you purchase an Ownership Interest, you are buying an undivided interest in a particular Unit (along with the Unit’s undivided interest in the Common Areas/Elements) within the DVC Resort. This Ownership Interest will be conveyed to you by means of a deed. The term “undivided” in this context means that, although you are buying an interest in a particular Unit, you are not buying a particular piece or portion of the Unit; rather, you are buying a percentage interest in the Unit as a whole, making you a co-owner of that Unit along with DVD and other purchasers. Your relationship with the other co-owners of the Unit in which you own an Ownership Interest is governed by a Master Cotenancy Agreement, which provides that DVD will act as the representative of all of the co-owners of each Unit at meetings of the condominium or owners association for each DVC Resort. A “Unit” corresponds to all or a portion of a building in a DVC Resort and a “Vacation Home” refers to an accommodation within a Unit."

Mickbee ---$165 -$1650 10-BCV - Dec - 0/18, 20/19, 10/20- sent 2/17

Mickbee ---$165 -$2475 15-BCV - Dec - 0/18, 30/19, 15/20- sent 2/17

Mickbee ---$165 -$2475 15-BCV - Dec - 0/18, 30/19, 15/20- sent 2/17

Wish me luck!!
Good luck those are some impossible to find points. Didn’t even know they sold less than 25 at any resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter