ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I’ve bothered her enough lol

It’s her job. Don’t feel bad. They get paid very well for al of this. Also, I would just ask for an update from Disney. Disney can find your contract and tell the broker when they plan to send the decision.

It’s her job. Don’t feel bad. They get paid very well for al of this. Also, I would just ask for an update from Disney. Disney can find your contract and tell the broker when they plan to send the decision.

Humm I never heard of that. Do I ask the broker to do that? I feel like that’s certain doom doing that!!!

Humm I never heard of that. Do I ask the broker to do that? I feel like that’s certain doom doing that!!!

Yes, they can do that. It’s completely your decision though if you do/don’t want to contact anyone. As I said before, they have lost some contracts before. It’s rare, but it has happened. I’m super impatient, can you tell?!? ;)

Yes, they can do that. It’s completely your decision though if you do/don’t want to contact anyone. As I said before, they have lost some contracts before. It’s rare, but it has happened. I’m super impatient, can you tell?!? ;)

I am the same way, but I kind of went into this contract knowing it was just extra points for us, and knowing it was a very low offer. I honestly didn’t think we had a chance from the beginning, but at the same time, I just want to know already because if it is not going to go through, I want to make an offer on another! I think our first resale contract we only waited 14 or 15 days, so this is grueling.

I am the same way, but I kind of went into this contract knowing it was just extra points for us, and knowing it was a very low offer. I honestly didn’t think we had a chance from the beginning, but at the same time, I just want to know already because if it is not going to go through I want to make an offer on another! I think our first resale contract we only waited 14 or 15 days, so this is grueling.

I get that, and I’ve been there. By the end, you’re just thinking “Take it already! What’s the holdup???” The process is painful for sure.

I get that, and I’ve been there. By the end, you’re just thinking “Take it already! What’s the holdup???” The process is painful for sure.
They do that so some people will think 'man, I will just buy direct as it's quicker'. I have to admit to thinking that myself at times. May do it next week when I am in WDW.

They do that so some people will think 'man, I will just buy direct as it's quicker'. I have to admit to thinking that myself at times. May do it next week when I am in WDW.

I’ve thought it as well but never bought direct. Personally, I always end up telling myself I’d rather hang onto my money than pay direct prices. I don’t think those that buy direct are wrong or made a bad decision at all. It is just too expensive for me when resale is so much cheaper. The “price” I pay for the less expensive bargain is my time. I am willing to “pay” with the excruciating wait. However, time is money, so I completely understand why others won’t “pay” with their time and choose direct over resale.

Seems as though there was a run on contract notifications Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I will wait patiently through the next two days, and call if no news by Thursday. Emailed with the broker last week, but will call next time.

We weren’t really wanting more points at this time, but decided to pull the trigger on some extra ones to get in before the rule change last month.

I’ve thought it as well but never bought direct. Personally, I always end up telling myself I’d rather hang onto my money than pay direct prices. I don’t think those that buy direct are wrong or made a bad decision at all. It is just too expensive for me when resale is so much cheaper. The “price” I pay for the less expensive bargain is my time. I am willing to “pay” with the excruciating wait. However, time is money, so I completely understand why others won’t “pay” with their time and choose direct over resale.
And those direct prices... o_O....lately. My MIL was just asking about BCV (she wants all the perks) and it's now $225...what the heck! But I will only buy small contracts (under 75 pts) direct. It's a tad less painful that way and closer to what resale would be (since smaller contracts are higher with resale). I just want 50 more CCV.

We are still waiting BLT sent 1/15 and only because the rules were changing we own 2 direct. When we purchased got so many developer points it really brought down the cost.
Renting out the extra points really brought down the cost per point. AKV was the last one we bought direct and since have not seen such great deals. I hope we hear this week
at least so we are not still waiting. If it does not go thru will add on at one we own SSR or AKV points less at both resorts resale and I'm done with BLT too rich for us. Points
are points and I have never had trouble making reservations up to now we happen to love Vero, Saratoga and Animal Kingdom so usually plenty of accommodations.

Your experiences are making me nervous. We went into ROFR last week and the 30 day mark will be the day before my birthday. We're planning for our first use of the points to be a 2020 birthday trip, so we would need to close and get the points in less than a month to make our reservations exactly at the 11 month mark if ours goes over like most seem to be lately.

Day 33...this wait is brutal. I had our first contract taken on day 29 2 years ago, then we passed our second attempt on day 22. I hope we all hear soon! I really thought we would see alot of activity today!

jodybird511---$115-$8012-60-AUL-Feb-0/18, 20/19, 60/20, 60/21- sent 2/15

Looking at the current thread, as well as historic threads over the past year, I'm seeing that no Aulani contracts have been taken? Is that right? If yes, thoughts on that? B/c it's not sold out yet? B/c Disney is having a hard enough time selling the points it already has for Aulani? Just wondering.... We ended up going with a higher priced contract b/c it was small and the use year we wanted.

I'm on day 41. But I talked to my broker again this morning. Disney apparently lost my contract, but it has now been "found" and Disney has been asking a lot of questions in the last couple of days. He says that is a good sign that my contract won't be taken.

I'm on day 41. But I talked to my broker again this morning. Disney apparently lost my contract, but it has now been "found" and Disney has been asking a lot of questions in the last couple of days. He says that is a good sign that my contract won't be taken.

:eek:

How terrible and so professional of Disney wonder if anyone in the ROFR department are following this thread? You never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter