• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LadylvsTramp---$133-$22988-160-BLT-Feb-0/18, 160/19, 160/20, 160/21-paying dues for 2019- sent 1/15 taken 2/20

The broker said most going beyond 30 days are being taken so sorry to pass along the bad news! He has been in the business for almost 20 years so
has a good feel for it. I guess we will just wait since there is no hurry now. At least we have a little over 500 pts direct so if we do try for another contract it
will need to be a deal. I think we will try for something less than BLT next time I do feel after all that points are points and usually do not have my heart
set on staying at a specific resort I'm just happy to be on property.

I'm sorry they took this. I think I was editing my post (typos galore) when you posted your update because I didn't see it. Don't give up on BLT. It really is an amazing resort and worth it for the standard view rooms with that walk to MK.

LadylvsTramp---$133-$22988-160-BLT-Feb-0/18, 160/19, 160/20, 160/21-paying dues for 2019- sent 1/15 taken 2/20

The broker said most going beyond 30 days are being taken so sorry to pass along the bad news! He has been in the business for almost 20 years so
has a good feel for it. I guess we will just wait since there is no hurry now. At least we have a little over 500 pts direct so if we do try for another contract it
will need to be a deal. I think we will try for something less than BLT next time I do feel after all that points are points and usually do not have my heart

I was given this impression yesterday when the broker indicated it took longer to do the buy back documentation than to waive. I just wish Disney said we’ll be buying back rather than just keep us hanging on.

I have a back up plan which is to buy a bigger but cheaper contract. However I’m in the UK and my husband wants us to see how Brexit will impact the exchange rate so I guess I’ll still have to wait a few more weeks. I’ve been looking at a few contracts.

Should we go for a 350 ish point contact or 2 smaller contracts to make it easier to sell?

I was given this impression yesterday when the broker indicated it took longer to do the buy back documentation than to waive. I just wish Disney said we’ll be buying back rather than just keep us hanging on.

I have a back up plan which is to buy a bigger but cheaper contract. However I’m in the UK and my husband wants us to see how Brexit will impact the exchange rate so I guess I’ll still have to wait a few more weeks. I’ve been looking at a few contracts.

Should we go for a 350 ish point contact or 2 smaller contracts to make it easier to sell?

It's really a personal choice. There are pros and cons to both. With one 350 point contract, you can probably get it for cheaper because the price per point and closing costs will be less. If you go for 2 smaller contracts, then you will pay more per point and have to pay closing costs twice BUT it is easier to sell a smaller contract than one huge one. Just do the math on both scenarios to see what you're comfortable with.

Guess I was lucky. Mine went over 30 days and did pass (still kind surprised that it did). So some hope for those waiting. I feel for you since I was just there a week ago and seeing things later than mine passing was so frustrating!

I also got my answer this afternoon:
Dracula---$120-$64495-500-BLT-Feb-0/18, 500/19, 500/20- sent 1/16, taken 2/20
No problem, will try again, maybe.

I also got my answer this afternoon:

Sorry that it’s not good news. Glad you finally got an answer.

I’m the same day, but different broker so hopefully I’ll hear something soon.

looks like not a good day for BLT I’m still waiting from 1/16; doesn’t look too good for me :(

So sorry to see so many taken! They really are going after BLT hard. My confidence in ours going through is diminishing by the day.....but maybe the post 1/19 submissions will fare better?

Sorry to everyone that had one taken today. :(

So sorry to see so many taken! They really are going after BLT hard. My confidence in ours going through is diminishing by the day.....but maybe the post 1/19 submissions will fare better?

I’ve been wondering the same thing about post-1/19 contracts. I hope yours makes it through!!! It’s a great price.

Lyusuf27---$106-$17396-150-SSR-Mar-8/18, 300/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 1/22

Day 29 and getting very impatient, what time of day do they normally let you know if you’ve passed?

They did not notify us I called then they told me it came in this morning!

Lyusuf27---$106-$17396-150-SSR-Mar-8/18, 300/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 1/22

Day 29 and getting very impatient, what time of day do they normally let you know if you’ve passed?

I was notified of passing right around noon both times, by DVC resale market. They called us late in the evening when we had one that was taken.

Bruin_mouse---$155-$31994-200-VGF-Aug-0/18, 35/19, 200/20- sent 1/15, taken 2/19

Darn, I get to hang onto $32,000. Good luck to all you first time buyers!

Ugh. so sorry to hear. That did not seem like a crazy low price for the contract; I was pretty sure you'd pass.

Ugh. So sorry.

You might be able to get the benefit of a decently lower price with a 200 pt contract, and maybe a 200+150 split would make each one easier to sell.

Sorry about that one - I was really cheering for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter