ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good or Bad...

I was sent on 1/7 and I'm seeing contracts sent later, i.e. 1/10

Mine was submitted 1/9 and I also have not heard. I am thinking mine will be taken as it was a good price for AKV for the contract size I was looking at.

most recent experience would say that's not good :( BUT don't lose hope yet! It's not over til it's over...

It was at a good price per point, $95, at SSR but it only had 49 banked points from 2018 and none from 2019 points with a June Use Year.

Last edited:
How long does Disney have to review a contract? I know everyone says 30 days but I've seen people saying some times it takes longer. I'm not talking about those with contract addendums though. I would think there's some limit on the time they can sit on a contract.

It was at a good price per point, $95, at SSR but it only had 49 banked points from 2018 and none from 2019 points with a June Use Year.
Fingers crossed for you! Maybe with that odd point allotment they will pass on it!

How long does Disney have to review a contract? I know everyone says 30 days but I've seen people saying some times it takes longer. I'm not talking about those with contract addendums though. I would think there's some limit on the time they can sit on a contract.

They have until the closing date listed on the contract.

Disney technically has up until the contract closing date to refuse ROFR, but it generally takes around 30-40 days from what I've noticed. On their website, their estimate is about a month or longer.

Fingers crossed for you! Maybe with that odd point allotment they will pass on it!

That was why I submitted the offer, it's nearly stripped. I go about 3 to 4 times a year now and only from Sunday to Tuesday or Wednesday normally so I can get something someplace with the banked points this year and borrow for a 2nd trip from the 2020 points.

denisedsny---$103-$17042-150-SSR-Aug-150/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 1/7, passed 1/25

posting again -- so it is formatted correctly.

This was such a fast process. 1/7 submitted, 1/25 passed, 1/28 closing documents received, 2/6 closing completed -- now just waiting for Disney to send membership card and put points in account. :) I want to bank 2018 points into 2019...

I can't believe how fast our process went, too!

Submitted: 1/2/19
Passed: 1/23/19
Closing Documents Received: 1/25/19
Closed: 2/4/19
Deed Recorded: 2/5/19

Just waiting to hear from Disney! How long does that normally take?

This process was so much easier than buying a house! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Denisedsny and EAHajd, I am curious what title company you each used :confused3 With my other contracts, I had my closing documents within days :goodvibes But this time with First American Title Company, it has been two weeks (passed on 1/22) and nothing :sad2: The e-mail the broker from Fidelity sent said it would be 4 weeks :scratchin I didn't think anything of it because I knew that hundreds of contracts were submitted in order to beat the January 19th deadline but now I am seeing these fast closings :confused:

That was why I submitted the offer, it's nearly stripped. I go about 3 to 4 times a year now and only from Sunday to Tuesday or Wednesday normally. I've gone once already paying cash. So I can get something someplace with the banked points this year and borrow for a 2nd trip from the 2020 points.

Disney technically has up until the contract closing date to refuse ROFR, but it generally takes around 30-40 days from what I've noticed. On their website, their estimate is about a month or longer.

My contact says close by 3/5. So if Disney loses the contract, I can close on or after 3/5?

Mine was submitted 1/9 and I also have not heard. I am thinking mine will be taken as it was a good price for AKV for the contract size I was looking at.

Your info string says you are buying BLT. ???

Denisedsny and EAHajd, I am curious what title company you each used :confused3 With my other contracts, I had my closing documents within days :goodvibes But this time with First American Title Company, it has been two weeks (passed on 1/22) and nothing :sad2: The e-mail the broker from Fidelity sent said it would be 4 weeks :scratchin I didn't think anything of it because I knew that hundreds of contracts were submitted in order to beat the January 19th deadline but now I am seeing these fast closings :confused:

I went through DVC Resale Market and they sent it to Jeffrey Sweet for the Title.

Hope this helps!

We purchased thru the Timeshare store - and they used Mason Title and Escrow Company. :)

Oh my gosh, we heard back today, and I'm thrilled to report:

BlondeBelle---$133-$25255-185-BLT-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 7/19, 185/20- sent 1/10, passed 2/6

I'm SO BEYOND EXCITED!!
Congrats! That's a great price! Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the ROFR room. Based on the latest ROFR reports I would have bet against anything @ BLT under $140 passing. Maybe the increase in the direct price drove down the demand? Could be that's what they intended with CCV getting near 100% sell-out and RIV coming into play? Just worthless speculation on my part...

denisedsny---$103-$17042-150-SSR-Aug-150/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 1/7, passed 1/25

posting again -- so it is formatted correctly.

This was such a fast process. 1/7 submitted, 1/25 passed, 1/28 closing documents received, 2/6 closing completed -- now just waiting for Disney to send membership card and put points in account. :) I want to bank 2018 points into 2019...

They don't send a membership card; just a piece of paper with your membership number (unless you're an existing owner and requested a card separately. :) ) Nevertheless, Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter