ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure took their full time to think about that one!

Tell me about it. I was pretty sure they were going to take it when others were hearing back so much quicker than I was.

Sorry that didn't work out. On the bright side, you get to bid on another, even better contract, and hang out with us here a little longer :D

Thanks. I have already found some suitable replacements. ;) It was an add-on, so I am ok. :coffee:

If you offered full asking price that makes sense, but all I'm seeing are asking prices well above what goes through here. But like Roxy said maybe the best deals aren't even making it to the website listing. I did finally sign up with a broker yesterday and told him what I was looking for, so maybe that will help.

Those are the opening prices, just like regular estate listings. Offer what you think is fair and go from there. We're have some hardcore negotiating skillz here at the DIS. ;)

I got about $8 off the per-point price on one of my contracts by a few rounds of back and forth with the seller. The worst they can say is "no".

Thanks. I have already found some suitable replacements. ;) It was an add-on, so I am ok. :coffee:

Funny - I have two contracts and I was MUCH less worried about the add-on. It's that first one where you're just trying to get in the door that stresses you out...... especially when you tell DW about it instead of simply forging her signature on the initial contract like I should have done and THEN told her once ROFR was waived. She drove me NUTS for the whole 32 days :hyper2: :sad2:

Funny - I have two contracts and I was MUCH less worried about the add-on. It's that first one where you're just trying to get in the door that stresses you out...... especially when you tell DW about it instead of simply forging her signature on the initial contract like I should have done and THEN told her once ROFR was waived. She drove me NUTS for the whole 32 days :hyper2: :sad2:

DH was out of town; I signed for him and then texted him, "WE BOUGHT A TIME SHARE" in the middle of a meeting. Now he is asking when we will actually close, and complaining that it is taking too long. HA. That was Monday.

DH was out of town; I signed for him and then texted him, "WE BOUGHT A TIME SHARE" in the middle of a meeting. Now he is asking when we will actually close, and complaining that it is taking too long. HA. That was Monday.

But did you tell him before or after ROFR was waived? I should have told her AFTER. The wait to close wasn't a problem because our first trip wasn't coming up right away anyway, but not knowing we'd actually get the contract was apparently too much. (Didn't bother me, honestly, but it was a particularly good deal for BCV at the time...)

Those are the opening prices, just like regular estate listings. Offer what you think is fair and go from there. We're have some hardcore negotiating skillz here at the DIS. ;)

I got about $8 off the per-point price on one of my contracts by a few rounds of back and forth with the seller. The worst they can say is "no".

My DH doesn't care. He just tells me to handle it. I would nag the crap out of him if the roles were reversed. Like I said, I was very confident that it was being taken seeing how quickly others were hearing back and the fact that Disney kept telling my broker they would have an answer in the middle of this week when others were hearing back within 2 weeks. I knew they had a plan at that point. :/ I'm looking for a better contract as we speak. I am trying to target specific UY's that they don't seem to want at all or as much. If anyone else is noticing a trend with UYs, please shoot me a PM to let me know. Thanks. :)

He's been informed the whole time, and at each step of the way has asked, "did we buy one yet?" Then I saw the perfect contract come up on the morning he was leaving for a week long work trip and decided, aw -- it, I'll just put in an offer. I've bought other real estate before, and figured he'd be back before we had an offer accepted. Oh well. And we already have a 2017 trip, but he's already ready to start planning 2018, apparently. (He was the Disney grouch in our family, but apparently that is changing...)

I am trying to target specific UY's that they don't seem to want at all or as much

I'd buy the same UY you have now. Otherwise you'll get a completely separate membership to manage. There's no way to know who's on their wait list or what their inventory is. Best to bid on what you want and just cross your fingers. (But if someone can PM you top secret info, more power to you!)

JETSDAD---$89-$15981-160-AKV-Aug-160/16, 320/17, 160/18- sent 3/5

Our first shot at buying DVC. I've been stalking numerous sites for a while waiting for a loaded contract to come up and got this one while it was still being verified. It originally had 320/160/160 but we had them bank the 2016 points into 2017. Can't wait for the whole process to be completed and to start booking vacations!!

Just got word that we passed ROFR!! Can't wait for the closing process to be complete.

JETSDAD---$89-$15981-160-AKV-Aug-160/16, 320/17, 160/18- sent 3/5, passed 3/15

Congrats! That was quick to hear back!!!

Thanks! I was concerned there may be a delay because Disney required a slight change on the contract (noting that the currently available points are 2015 pts and that the 2016 pts were banked into 2017) but the title company said there wouldn't be a delay because both sides were able to sign the amendment in less than an hour from the time Disney contacted them. I had prepared myself for the full 30 day wait so that it wouldn't drive me insane waiting but having it come this quick was a nice bonus!

Thanks! I was concerned there may be a delay because Disney required a slight change on the contract (noting that the currently available points are 2015 pts and that the 2016 pts were banked into 2017) but the title company said there wouldn't be a delay because both sides were able to sign the amendment in less than an hour from the time Disney contacted them. I had prepared myself for the full 30 day wait so that it wouldn't drive me insane waiting but having it come this quick was a nice bonus!

When did Disney reach out to you about the amendment? Wonder when they first take a look at them and how long they have them sit.

When did Disney reach out to you about the amendment? Wonder when they first take a look at them and how long they have them sit.

In my posts it shows it sent to ROFR on March 5th but I think that it likely got sent in on the 6th....on the 10th they got word from Disney that they wanted the addendum and we had it sent back within the hour. Then ROFR passed today.

Little late posting this one.

icc2515---$90-$14156-150-BWV-Aug-0/15, 0/16, 150/17, 150/18- sent 1/26, taken 2/24

I feel quite lucky this one passed. A much better deal with all the extra points.

icc2515---$90-$14191-150-BWV-Aug-150/16, 300/17, 150/18- sent 2/28, passed 3/13

OK here I go again after losing an SSR and deciding I'll go for a smaller contract at BLT our dream location before calling it quits. Definitely a little higher in price per point but has 90 banked so can help us borrow less for first few years until we add on.. fingers crossed!! Stalking this board again begins now!....

Em1983---$130-$12656-90-BLT-Dec-0/15, 90/16, 90/17, 90/18- sent 3/10

Best of luck! I saw this one after we got our 50 so I think we are only a week ahead of you on waiting on ROFR...trying not to excessively check email on ROFR even though it will probably be another couple of weeks. We also paid a higher price than we really wanted but knew it was a savings since I believe BLT direct could be up to 190 ppt.

Here is the official info. I wasn't listed as "waiting", so I think my original post may have been overlooked. ;)

TexasChick123---$106-$22856-200-BLT-Jun-0/15, 0/16, 179/17, 200/18-Seller Pays Prorated MF '17- sent 2/20, taken 3/14

From a fellow Texan sorry it was taken. Wishing you better luck on the next one:flower1:

This is encouraging, congratulations! We submitted on 3/7 and were also delayed because Disney didn't like some verbage in the contract. I thought it might cause added days to ROFR period, but now I'm feeling hopefully.

This is encouraging, congratulations! We submitted on 3/7 and were also delayed because Disney didn't like some verbage in the contract. I thought it might cause added days to ROFR period, but now I'm feeling hopefully.

Yes, it didn't seem to cause any delay at all. Fingers crossed for you as well!!

mouthdoc---$92-$15245-160-BLT-Apr-0/16, 21/17, 160/18- sent 2/22, taken 3/10

Bummed, I guess this was too good to be true. Resaler says Disney has become very aggressive at buying back points, trying to keep prices up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter