ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we put in another offer on a BCV contract which has been accepted so will post details when the contract has been sent. This one has banked 2016 points so who knows if it will get through ROFR as my stripped one was taken!

We recently vacationed at SSR and met with a vacation club representative just to do our homework. When we got back we put in an offer on a resale and it was taken back by Disney last Thursday. When we met with them they said that SSR will be undergoing a huge makeover. I'm wondering if that is the reason they are buying it back so often. Btw Disney sells SSR direct but second hand for $145 a point. The contract that was taken was $76 a point with all point intack. They also said that the timeshares are losing value because they are being sold so cheap second hand. Just thought I'd share! I have a offer in now waiting to see if the owner accepts. This one is for AKL.
Very interesting, a huge makeover? It will be due a standard type refurbished maybe in a few years? Anyone else heard this?
I like the comment from the rep that they are losing value because they are being sold so cheap. Translate to "It's making it difficult to sell at $176 a point"! I feel for you guys waiting a long time now, seems I snuck in just before this SSR (and OKW?) ROFR frenzy we are hearing about.
I'd have maybe considered a small Copper Creek add on, but that is also going for 176 and have you seen the maintenence fees? I suspect these resale SSR contracts for those that get them will be judged to be very good value.....

Still nothing!! It's making us crazy that it's taking forever! All day I'm checking email and this thread constantly.
I feel you there... I asked my agent if it's calendar or business days the max 30 they say lol because this is down to the wire for calendar days. What the heck I don't see many others at the 30 day mark! I'm confused as to why it's taking so long for ours.. this is brutal. Just put me out of my misery already lol. I know SSR they are reviewing more and taking back so maybe I haven't been appreciating the fact that SSR is under a much longer review and have missed in these threads the lengthy review trend?!?

I wish there was some form of pattern between dates of submission and date you find out, people that submitted on the 14th are hearing now and I'm waiting from the 10th. Remember some poor guy waiting from the start of Feb
Yes! I submitted 2/3 and still no word! This process is brutal... I was hopeful we would hear quick like others were back in January.. not anymore!

Just got word, were through, the mouse didn't take our contract. Whew!!
So we put in another offer on a BCV contract which has been accepted so will post details when the contract has been sent. This one has banked 2016 points so who knows if it will get through ROFR as my stripped one was taken!
My broker today reinforced there is no rhyme or reason. She said stripped contracts have been taken and loaded ones passed. A similar contract to mine (which was also taken today) with the same home resort and less $PP was recently passed.

I feel you there... I asked my agent if it's calendar or business days the max 30 they say lol because this is down to the wire for calendar days. What the heck I don't see many others at the 30 day mark! I'm confused as to why it's taking so long for ours.. this is brutal. Just put me out of my misery already lol. I know SSR they are reviewing more and taking back so maybe I haven't been appreciating the fact that SSR is under a much longer review and have missed in these threads the lengthy review trend?!?
I had the same conversation with my broker yesterday! They took mine today!!!

Very interesting, a huge makeover? It will be due a standard type refurbished maybe in a few years? Anyone else heard this?
I like the comment from the rep that they are losing value because they are being sold so cheap. Translate to "It's making it difficult to sell at $176 a point"! I feel for you guys waiting a long time now, seems I snuck in just before this SSR (and OKW?) ROFR frenzy we are hearing about.
I'd have maybe considered a small Copper Creek add on, but that is also going for 176 and have you seen the maintenence fees? I suspect these resale SSR contracts for those that get them will be judged to be very good value.....
I've had 2 OKW taken since late January!

Hope you hear soon! I'm not sure I can make it a full 30 days... :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter