ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us too!! We certainly don't need anymore but couldn't pass up this one. Granted I never thought they'd go for our offer on it and was shocked when I got the email a couple hours later.
That is great mine too, but I heard 2 days later. I offered 70% of that the listing price was. To be honest I forgot what I even offered on it until I got the approval.

Have an offer accepted for $75-$25,590-300-SSR-Jun-300/22, 300/23, 300/24, After the initial offer was accepted I asked if the seller might have banked the 22 points into 23 and the lisiting just wasnt updated. I called later in the afternoon and the listing agent said yes that the points were banked and he was really busy so had't had a chance to get back to me. I received the contract today and it shows the points were not banked. Any chance I will actually be able to do something with them? It's still a good offer, but without the banked points I am not sure I still want it.
It wouldn't be the 1st time a contract was written up incorrectly. I'd double check on that.

Have an offer accepted for $75-$25,590-300-SSR-Jun-300/22, 300/23, 300/24, After the initial offer was accepted I asked if the seller might have banked the 22 points into 23 and the lisiting just wasnt updated. I called later in the afternoon and the listing agent said yes that the points were banked and he was really busy so had't had a chance to get back to me. I received the contract today and it shows the points were not banked. Any chance I will actually be able to do something with them? It's still a good offer, but without the banked points I am not sure I still want it.
If the process of buying the contract finishes by May sometime, there is a slim chance you could rent them at a discount through one of the rental sites and recoup maybe $7-$8 a point. Saratoga seems pretty open in May.
As for a different contract the points could have been worth as much as $15-16 if you rented through a rental site, so add 75 to 16 and brings you to 89pp. Right about where other contracts are passing.
However, renting points sometimes never happen with a fully loaded contract instead the buyer decides to use them, so the buyer is really left buying a contract on 90pp if that is what they bought it at.
Your contract will always have been bought at 75pp.
It all depends on what you wanted to do with the 2023 points.

50 Vero Beach asking $80 countered at $65 countered back at $75 settled on $70. We have been using the buy one time use points for a few years and decided it was better to add on a small contract instead.
2022/ 49 points available now or bank
2023/ 50 points
So on and so on

I think my preference would be to AKV for a couple of reasons- my wife loves animals, and I can see her thrilled staying at AKV. She also loves Christmas and while BRV and CCV supposedly have the nicest Christmas decorations I can see her enjoying the AKV lobby also.

I have time to purchase so we will make a decision after our August trip.
I stayed there in December and thought the Christmas atmosphere was absolutely stunning, even more so than Wilderness Lodge which we visited for dinner and was also beautiful. While we stayed at Kidani, which was very cozy and warm, everytime I stepped into Jambo lobby I was a bit awestruck.

I’m in a weird spot, maybe it’s a good spot, where the only way I’d buy is if I could get someone to bite at $80/point for a decent sized contract at either SSR, AKV, or OKWe. It’s not exactly the right time to buy for me personally but it is the right time for the market writ large so I’m just in this weird spot.

I’m debating whether to go mainly after new contracts or to spend the time to assail the enormous backlog of contracts that fit what I want but are asking $120-130.

If I don’t get what I want that’s fine. I don’t think I’ll have regrets. Cross the fingers for me though.

I’m in a weird spot, maybe it’s a good spot, where the only way I’d buy is if I could get someone to bite at $80/point for a decent sized contract at either SSR, AKV, or OKWe. It’s not exactly the right time to buy for me personally but it is the right time for the market writ large so I’m just in this weird spot.

I’m debating whether to go mainly after new contracts or to spend the time to assail the enormous backlog of contracts that fit what I want but are asking $120-130.

If I don’t get what I want that’s fine. I don’t think I’ll have regrets. Cross the fingers for me though.
That was my thought (don't need it but want it value seems good) when I started randomly offering $80 on some contracts and finally I was able to find one that got accepted. Hopefully all goes well and I finally get my first contract completed (wish me luck)

50 Vero Beach asking $80 countered at $65 countered back at $75 settled on $70. We have been using the buy one time use points for a few years and decided it was better to add on a small contract instead.
2022/ 49 points available now or bank
2023/ 50 points
So on and so on
It’s not terrible but VB offers I would suggest starting $50 and under range.

For those who made an offer through Fidelity, how long did it take to hear back? I made an offer yesterday and haven't heard anything back yet.

For those who made an offer through Fidelity, how long did it take to hear back? I made an offer yesterday and haven't heard anything back yet.
I heard back within 30 minutes. From what I can see based on others experiences, it really depends on the agent that is assigned to the listing, and how quickly the seller gets back to them.

I submitted last Thursday and messaged the agent on Friday to chat about the offer and process and texted on Saturday and she responded an hour later saying it was accepted. I think you just have to give the agent a nudge that your serious about the offer so they know they are not wasting time.

I heard back within 30 minutes. From what I can see based on others experiences, it really depends on the agent that is assigned to the listing, and how quickly the seller gets back to them.
I heard back within about 6 hours but it was a Saturday. I agree that it seems to depends on the agent. I also wonder if they might already have an accepted offer but have t pulled the listing if it’s taking over a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter