ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using 1200 points in a year must mean you book larger room units. I'd consider having enough points at each single resort you own to be able to book at the 11-month mark without requiring split stays. The more simplified your points are, the easier your membership is to use overall. The flip side to that is more home resorts means more options at the 11-month mark. Good luck deciding!
PS: we chose a second use year for BLT because we got a good price and 2 years of no dues. Almost everyone said having a second use year is no biggie, I can't stand it, it is a pain.

We have a family of 6(7 if my mom comes). Most trips are in a 2bdrm(or 3bdrm treehouse). We have OKW and AUL for SAP and then BLT for 11 month. We only own 465. Had some banked, borrowed lots and also used 4 years of points from the BLT contract we just bought last year that was fully loaded. We don't tend to have split stays. Did it 2 trips but we also have 10 night trips mostly so we did 5 and 5. Only did those because BCV was available for 5 nights.
Oooh....SSR points would be good for the Treehouses in Home Priority! It sounds like you don't mind juggling points since you already have 3 homes. I have 3 home resorts too; my contracts range from 80-125 points and I usually get studios. I would find my setup much more difficult if I was booking larger rooms with small contracts across resorts.

PS: we chose a second use year for BLT because we got a good price and 2 years of no dues. Almost everyone said having a second use year is no biggie, I can't stand it, it is a pain.
I'd rather have multiple home resorts than multiple use years! If you do end up adding on at BLT, I'd keep the points to match your current BLT use year. Otherwise, I don't even know if I'd match the BLT use year or the use year of the other home resorts.
My (single) use year isn't even The Best for my travel patterns, but I've made it work just fine.

Oooh....SSR points would be good for the Treehouses in Home Priority! It sounds like you don't mind juggling points since you already have 3 homes. I have 3 home resorts too; my contracts range from 80-125 points and I usually get studios. I would find my setup much more difficult if I was booking larger rooms with small contracts across resorts.
We enjoyed Treehouse. Not sure if Home priority is needed for the treehouses. I find that there is a lot less of a need for home priority for most of the 2 brdm's. We wanted BLT home Priority for Standard view.

I'd rather have multiple home resorts than multiple use years! If you do end up adding on at BLT, I'd keep the points to match your current BLT use year. Otherwise, I don't even know if I'd match the BLT use year or the use year of the other home resorts.
My (single) use year isn't even The Best for my travel patterns, but I've made it work just fine.
Yes I have already said to my agent if we buy BLT, that it needs to be the same use year of our existing BLT contract. We have 75 OKWE(Feb), 150 AUL(Feb) and 240 BLT(Oct). So I said either OKWE or SSR for February or BLT or SSR for October use year. What matters most to me is unless the points are dirt cheap we won't bother.

Yes I have already said to my agent if we buy BLT, that it needs to be the same use year of our existing BLT contract. We have 75 OKWE(Feb), 150 AUL(Feb) and 240 BLT(Oct). So I said either OKWE or SSR for February or BLT or SSR for October use year. What matters most to me is unless the points are dirt cheap we won't bother.
What are you considering dirt cheap for BLT

What are you considering dirt cheap for BLT
probably under $140. At least a few have gone for under that price. I will also look for a loaded contract. I have put out one offer on an OKW so far because there was only one that fit what I was looking for. With how many BLT and SSR contracts are out there I am waiting to hear back from Andy on what he thinks is the best fit.

I am following both BLT and SSR also. Different use year than you. I have seen the $133 and $135 accepted offers but what I see starts at $145 and goes to $180.

I should receive the check I am waiting for this week so I expect to start making offers next week.

probably under $140. At least a few have gone for under that price. I will also look for a loaded contract. I have put out one offer on an OKW so far because there was only one that fit what I was looking for. With how many BLT and SSR contracts are out there I am waiting to hear back from Andy on what he thinks is the best fit.
Hoping my blt goes through! We sent it in 1/5 and are waiting on rofr. It came out to 133.33 per point and it was fully loaded. Fingers crossed! But I’m kind of expecting it not to pass. Wish I realized what our offer worked out to per point. We really just looked at total dollars we could offer.

Hoping my blt goes through! We sent it in 1/5 and are waiting on rofr. It came out to 133.33 per point and it was fully loaded. Fingers crossed! But I’m kind of expecting it not to pass. Wish I realized what our offer worked out to per point. We really just looked at total dollars we could offer.
What was the original asking price?

I am following both BLT and SSR also. Different use year than you. I have seen the $133 and $135 accepted offers but what I see starts at $145 and goes to $180.

I should receive the check I am waiting for this week so I expect to start making offers next week.
I believe the $135pp offers passed rofr. At least according to the Dec thread here they did.

Hello. I hope this is not off topic but curious to know the group's opinion on whether or not $155 is insulting on a 40-50 pt Poly contract. I see $160-$170/pt range online from multiple brokers but it appears to be a buyer's market despite the popularity in small contracts. So...what do you think?

Looking for opinions guys. We're waiting to hear on our first DVC contract (SSR), we've gone for enough to give us a week comfortably in a studio for our travel windows. We have a trip already paid for in March, we were going to wait until we got back to consider adding on with an extra SSR, AKL or Vero contract that would top us up with an extra 4-5 nights a year. We've been looking at a nice small Vero contract that's the same use year, seller has just reduced again etc.

Question is, has anybody been to Vero at the end of October? It's the lowest PPN in the points chart but will likely be our usual travel window (UK October school hols). We like the idea of tagging on a relaxing few days on the coast before the long flight home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter