ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six months after our first try, and with the ROFR monster hopefully in hibernation, here's our second shot at joining DVC:

CathoDad22---$108-$29944-250-SSR-Dec-112/21, 250/22, 250/23, 250/24- sent 2/14
I just passed at $100/pt for 100 pts so I think there's a really good chance.

You mean make the bungalows cheaper and make the studios even more expensive? Having the Poly studios cost even more would be awful.
No, that is not what I meant. I was more thinking of pulling it all into one association with the new development. I know this is not likely as there are many legal hurdles to jump.

Honestly, I gave up on finding a small point contract in my UY for BWV and bought a baby contact direct about a year ago. While the current market seems to be in the 110-130pp range even on small contracts, paying a bit more for exactly what you want is worth it. I don't regret the direct points i bought at 205 because i got them when i needed them with no headaches... But in the year since, I've seen low point contacts in my UY dip into the 110s to 120s. While there are amazing deals to be had right now, 140pp at the resort you want in the UY you want isn't the best deal you'll find but it is unquestionably a very reasonable deal.
Thank you so much for this answer!

You mean make the bungalows cheaper and make the studios even more expensive? Having the Poly studios cost even more would be awful.
Way back when Poly was new, I seem to remember that someone calculated they could drop the bungalows by an average of something like 18 points a night and raise the studios by only 1 point per night and still have the points charts balance. So not a big increase.

However, given the furor over the initially-published 2020 points charts, when they tried to increase points for studios and 1BR and decrease for 2BR and finally had to rescind that points chart, they might be a bit shy to try such a reallocation at Poly. Yes, they got away with it at SSR (increasing points for treehouses, decreasing for 2BR), but that was before they were under as much scrutiny by members on social media as they were in 2020 and are now.

No, that is not what I meant. I was more thinking of pulling it all into one association with the new development. I know this is not likely as there are many legal hurdles to jump.
I agree - even if Poly2 is wrapped into Poly1, I don't think they'd legally be able to reallocate points from bungalows to the new villas.

That's exactly how I feel as well. The contract we put an offer on was up for like two days. It was worth paying the extra $600 or whatever it was to make sure I got the # of points, the resort, and the UY i wanted!
100%. That’s what we did with ours too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter