ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The county files all deeds on a public website once the deed transfers.

Most transactions (if not all) are filed and available for the public to see.

I used the databases here in NJ for my job so I am familiar with the records.

Anyone else hoping to see at least a contract taken by Disney from time to time just to prop prices a bit? Don’t like buying and seeing prices continuing to go down as economic news only getting worse.
Na, I don't like that Disney has the right for ROFR. It seems to be an unfair system where Disney always wins, the seller likely benefits, and the buyers (on average) lose.

$130 for a June UY point range of 100 to 160
That is what I got for Feb but the agency said it was the lowest they have had accepted by a fair bit. Just put offers out there when you see a June use year and hope that eventually one gets accepted.

After buying our first contract late last year, just put an offer on a 75 point OKW-Extended for $108/pp. Waiting to hear from the seller.

I hope I am not making a mistake on use year. I see a lot of people looking for specific UY. This will be my first contract and right now in our stage of life (as working teachers) we typically go in August. I did bid on one that was a February UY and the seller declined. The one that just passed is a Sept UY. I know it was risky in the event we need to cancel a trip, which we've never had to do, but I know anything can happen. I also feel like if I bought planning to use my points every other year, that this will be less of an issue? But I really have no idea how any of this works. And obviously when we retire we probably won't go in August.

So that being said, I kind of already have addonitis and we haven't even closed yet lol If I eventually want to add on, to support needing one bedrooms as my kids turn teenage, should I only be looking for same resort/UY? We are open to split stays, and are flexible about other resorts to stay in the beginning of our trip. Could I look for the cheapest points around and just use those to fill our trip wherever is available? What resort would be best to look at for cheap filler points? Thanks again for the help!

After buying our first contract late last year, just put an offer on a 75 point OKW-Extended for $108/pp. Waiting to hear from the seller.
Assuming it was a Feb Use year with some banked points, FYI, I tried and they said they were looking for close to the asking of $118. Hopefully $108 is enough to get them to consider it for you, good luck.

Assuming it was a Feb Use year with some banked points, FYI, I tried and they said they were looking for close to the asking of $118. Hopefully $108 is enough to get them to consider it for you, good luck.
That's the contract! I'll update once I hear back.

I hope I am not making a mistake on use year. I see a lot of people looking for specific UY. This will be my first contract and right now in our stage of life (as working teachers) we typically go in August. I did bid on one that was a February UY and the seller declined. The one that just passed is a Sept UY. I know it was risky in the event we need to cancel a trip, which we've never had to do, but I know anything can happen. I also feel like if I bought planning to use my points every other year, that this will be less of an issue? But I really have no idea how any of this works. And obviously when we retire we probably won't go in August.

So that being said, I kind of already have addonitis and we haven't even closed yet lol If I eventually want to add on, to support needing one bedrooms as my kids turn teenage, should I only be looking for same resort/UY? We are open to split stays, and are flexible about other resorts to stay in the beginning of our trip. Could I look for the cheapest points around and just use those to fill our trip wherever is available? What resort would be best to look at for cheap filler points? Thanks again for the help!
I think it depends on you. I had many people tell me it isn't a big deal having 2 use years and that it can be useful. I bought a contract in a second use year and I can't stand it. It annoys me that I can't combine points from the 2 years easily, its a pain. I wouldn't do it again. In fact part of the reason I am buying another contract now is so that in a few years from now we probably will sell our other use year contract we bought last year so that we can go back to one use year. Others though say it is fine for them. I use my points almost all as "stay around points" and don't tend to use the points at my home resort, so for me combining the points is more important.

That's the contract! I'll update once I hear back.
Oh and FYI, I offered $90, I think she said that an offer had already been turned down higher than that. For us it was a useful contract but my problem was we needed more points than that, so why pay a small contract premium if we would have to get another contract. So I just removed my offer as I didn't want to go even as high as you offered.

I just heard from the broker that the seller is removing the contract from the market. Oh well. I guess the seller wasn't as desperate as I was hoping.

Right now we will be using the points during periods school is out so July and August, Jersey week in November, Christmas break and Spring break.

We will use it mostly in August or November so I will base use year on those 2 months but will give priority to what the best contract is more than specific use year on this initial purchase.

September, October and December have been uncompetitive for the resorts I am looking at, so it has been easy to exclude them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter