ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was debating adding on 150 at VGF but I do not need to spend that much again right now. I'm already kicking myself because I should have added on 50 at SSR before March 1 to get the 2021 points (I have a March use year). But I guess I'm also glad the my resale got through at $129 before the prices start going up...
I feel the same way. I just bought a new AKV and don't think I can swing the payment for VGF2 right now.

I’m thinking about offering some of them that have been on the market for a while.
A lot of the ones I like say only a full price offer will be considered 🙄
[/QUOTE]
I pay no attention to that line.

I had a HHI contract I bid on back in February, and the seller wanted nothing to do with my offer. It’s still sitting there.I almost want to go back and offer him $5 less per point but I’m not that bad of a troll.

Keirabella2012---(Seller) $128-$27670-200-SSR-Oct-0/21, 169/22, 200/23- sent 3/24

Sold my February and now October use year contracts and bought June. Rookie mistake to buy use years that didn't work for my travel preference. I think we are good now! Wanting to buy some direct points soon, although hubby says no. :rolleyes2

Our first offer for resale was back in January for $130/Pt for SSR. It was accepted but the seller took forever to sign so we backed out and bought 150 at riviera direct. Now that I have our trips planned out for the next 8 years, I realized we needed a little more. Hoping since this next contract is under 100 pts, they let it fly!

It's difficult for me to justify getting too many more contracts when I can't even get a flippin annual pass to be able to go down there multiple times. I'm sure as heck not buying 5-7 day passes every single time I go down.
I don't disagree with the AP point. I look at DVC not as tying me to Disney so much as tying me to Orlando. So buying in direct could potential give me a deal on APs but even if it doesn't I have my choice of every DVC resort on property. It's important to note that right now there isn't a lot of pressure on DVC resale owners because we still have the original resorts. However, I bought a product that was going to provide vacations into the mid 2060s and in 2042 I lose the ability to stay at 5 DVC resorts. In 2054 I lose another. 2057 2 more. So to me if the resale restrictions are staying it is a real incentive for me to purchase direct.

I don't disagree with the AP point. I look at DVC not as tying me to Disney so much as tying me to Orlando. So buying in direct could potential give me a deal on APs but even if it doesn't I have my choice of every DVC resort on property. It's important to note that right now there isn't a lot of pressure on DVC resale owners because we still have the original resorts. However, I bought a product that was going to provide vacations into the mid 2060s and in 2042 I lose the ability to stay at 5 DVC resorts. In 2054 I lose another. 2057 2 more. So to me if the resale restrictions are staying it is a real incentive for me to purchase direct.
I’m currently seriously considering buying VGF2 instead of some cheaper Poly resale points. Because I’m hopping my two children will inherit my two direct contract and that is probably in 15-20 years. If I buy resale, they will not have many resorts to choose from. And they can’t book any new build.

I’m currently seriously considering buying VGF2 instead of some cheaper Poly resale points. Because I’m hopping my two children will inherit my two direct contract and that is probably in 15-20 years. If I buy resale, they will not have many resorts to choose from. And they can’t book any new build.
Counter-points:

1. The list of "new builds" in the pipeline is basically bupkis.

2. If you're doing this with legacy in mind (Legacy? What is a legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see), your kids would be better off if you stuck $50,000 in VTWAX and let them buy their own DVC if they want it when you're dead.

It is why we added my adult children to some of our contracts a few years ago. We still own some just DH and I and will decide what to do with those as a group.

They like knowing they can use the points at DVC and cover that aspect, even if they want to do other thing around the area...or even go to places like Aulani.

I personally like the direct points because I want to be able to easily use wherever I want to be. Now I do own 125 restricted points at RIV, but since I know RIV will be part of the plan for many trips, that is not a big deal.

Counter-points:

1. The list of "new builds" in the pipeline is basically bupkis.

2. If you're doing this with legacy in mind (Legacy? What is a legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see), your kids would be better off if you stuck $50,000 in VTWAX and let them buy their own DVC if they want it when you're dead.
Totally agree and disagree. IF and only if there are no new builds and/or they want nothing to do with DVC. We can sell our contract for 2x and I would get to enjoy some of it before I’m dead. They can inherit the cash!🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter