ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, bid on one yesterday that I bid on 6 weeks ago, been on the market for months. Their 'we won't entertain offers below X' price is now down $15 from 6 weeks ago and about what I offered before. But unfortunately for them my price has dropped by $8 as I found another contract during this time and don't really need it anymore...but would take it for the lower price :) .
If the economy continues to slide I don't think prices will be rising this summer and there will always be new must sells hitting the market, IMO. The board sponsor can only buy and hold so many contracts. And if anything can be read into Disney's actions lately ( ROFR gone, great direct sales offers) they aren't expecting a rapid rebound.
Disney has a lot going on right now with the nonsense from the Florida governor and just with the business as a whole ( layoffs, revenue, unhappy stock holders). I don't see them ROFR any contracts any time soon unless they have a guaranteed buyer of a sold out resort and don't have the points. I can see them ROFR just enough points to make the sale.

I highly doubt DVC ever enforces these commercial activity/renting rules. See the same people renting out many points/reservations on FB, some who frequently post a list of 15-20 one to two night rentals. Sure they could be different UY/memberships, but to me that signals there's hardly any enforcement of their commercial activity rules. We would've at least heard something from any of those groups or on these boards about such enforcement.

I doubt it too— glad to hear the rental market is still pretty strong. I’m considering renting some points while I wait for my resale contract to close, and it didn’t look like there was a ton of inventory hanging out on the rent/transfer page.
Just to finish off, I got a third request for my points this morning and was quick enough to fulfil it. This was through https://dvcrequest.com/

Tonitonytone---$265-$31193-110-VGC-Jun-0/22, 110/23, 110/24, 110/25- sent 4/21, passed 5/12

😭 😭 These are happy cries!! Sooo excited to pass ROFR for the first time!!! 🙌🏻
Welcome home, neighbor! We got in before the prices spiked!
So happy (and relieved!) for you! If Disney was going to ROFR anywhere, I would expect it to be grand cal. They could definitely flip that direct at $300/pt.
I was for about a second when they added VGC back to the add-on tool, but then thought it'd be a great talking point for guides selling VDH.

Flash_Sloth---$143-$24968-160-BLT-Oct-0/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 4/21, passed 5/12

Woot! But now for the long wait to get closing docs from https://magicvacationtitle.com/ and go through closing. Feeling much better this time vs. about a year ago where ROFR took my BLT at $165/pt.
Congrats— looks like ROFR gave you almost a 20% discount! 😛

Yeah, but it’s still going to be one rental per year per contract. That might be a way to get around it
I mean, then the “no commercial activity” clause would be effectively meaningless if anyone can just buy up a ton of separate contracts, and rent from them for a profit. Maybe it is meaningless, I don’t know.

I can’t think of anything that would be more “commercial” than a company (not an individual), buying up a ton of contracts, stripping them, renting the points, reselling, and then repeating ad-nauseum. It’s also competing with Disney’s Cash booking system at a pretty high volume (and advertising all over the place). I have to believe Disney is going to go after them eventually.

I mean, then the “no commercial activity” clause would be effectively meaningless if anyone can just buy up a ton of separate contracts, and rent from them for a profit. Maybe it is meaningless, I don’t know.

I can’t think of anything that would be more “commercial” than a company (not an individual), buying up a ton of contracts, stripping them, renting the points, reselling, and then repeating ad-nauseum. It’s also competing with Disney’s Cash booking system at a pretty high volume (and advertising all over the place). I have to believe Disney is going to go after them eventually.
I agree with you but legally maybe they found a loophole or maybe the fact we’ve never heard of anyone getting into trouble with Disney on renting is because Disney is actually not that bothered about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter