ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No…I promise I’m not a broker! I just went to the board sponsor’s blog for my info. I don’t think they’re fudging the numbers, and they sell a ton of contracts, but of course the data is only derived from their sales.
I’ve actually never sold a contract. If I do, though, I’d use a site with as high an average as I could find.
I don’t blame you there. If I ever sell mine, I would do the same and probably be one of those unreasonable sellers 😂

Has anyone had issues with Fidelity (specifically Bonnie) emailing back quickly? It feels like I’m pulling teeth to get a call or email back.

IMO we are at a sort of standstill with buyers and sellers at the moment. Buyers are looking for the best price and sellers do not want to drop their prices. Offered a low bid (no lower than what others have had accepted on this thread) on an Aulani contract that has been on the market for 9 months, sellers came back and declined to counter because we were too far apart. It will be interesting in the next few months to see what will happen.
Agree, bid on one yesterday that I bid on 6 weeks ago, been on the market for months. Their 'we won't entertain offers below X' price is now down $15 from 6 weeks ago and about what I offered before. But unfortunately for them my price has dropped by $8 as I found another contract during this time and don't really need it anymore...but would take it for the lower price :) .
If the economy continues to slide I don't think prices will be rising this summer and there will always be new must sells hitting the market, IMO. The board sponsor can only buy and hold so many contracts. And if anything can be read into Disney's actions lately ( ROFR gone, great direct sales offers) they aren't expecting a rapid rebound.

Agree, bid on one yesterday that I bid on 6 weeks ago, been on the market for months. Their 'we won't entertain offers below X' price is now down $15 from 6 weeks ago and about what I offered before. But unfortunately for them my price has dropped by $8 as I found another contract during this time and don't really need it anymore...but would take it for the lower price :) .
If the economy continues to slide I don't think prices will be rising this summer and there will always be new must sells hitting the market, IMO. The board sponsor can only buy and hold so many contracts. And if anything can be read into Disney's actions lately ( ROFR gone, great direct sales offers) they aren't expecting a rapid rebound.
This is my first year on the resale buyers’ market—but I hear it usually softens the second half of the year?

I’ve also heard anecdotal evidence that rental points aren’t moving that quickly lately, which (if true) makes it more painful for brokers and other “wait until the market improves” sellers to hold out. On the other hand, if you have a paid off contract it would take WDW Armageddon before your membership fees wouldn’t at least be covered by what you can rent them for (assuming that you can deduct fees from your income on renting your points). On the other hand, if you’re MFs are $9pt and you are renting for $14 or less (especially on the short dated contracts), you’re much better off selling at $125pp and investing in risk free T bills.

I think there’s a chance that the properties expiring after 2050 recover at some point, but I would be pretty surprised if any of the 2042 properties go much above where they are now unless ROFR comes back.

This is my first year on the resale buyers’ market—but I hear it usually softens the second half of the year?

I’ve also heard anecdotal evidence that rental points aren’t moving that quickly lately, which (if true) makes it more painful for brokers and other “wait until the market improves” sellers to hold out. On the other hand, if you have a paid off contract it would take WDW Armageddon before your membership fees wouldn’t at least be covered by what you can rent them for (assuming that you can deduct fees from your income on renting your points). On the other hand, if you’re MFs are $9pt and you are renting for $14 or less (especially on the short dated contracts), you’re much better off selling at $125pp and investing in risk free T bills.

I think there’s a chance that the properties expiring after 2050 recover at some point, but I would be pretty surprised if any of the 2042 properties go much above where they are now unless ROFR comes back.
I have no history of renting out points that I can refer to but, anecdotally, I just signed up to rent out some OKW points at $16 and have had 2 requests already - within 24 hours of signing up (but didn't accept in time). Of course, it could be some elaborate ploy to keep me hooked in, but I doubt it.

I have no history of renting out points that I can refer to but, anecdotally, I just signed up to rent out some OKW points at $16 and have had 2 requests already - within 24 hours of signing up (but didn't accept in time). Of course, it could be some elaborate ploy to keep me hooked in, but I doubt it.
I doubt it too— glad to hear the rental market is still pretty strong. I’m considering renting some points while I wait for my resale contract to close, and it didn’t look like there was a ton of inventory hanging out on the rent/transfer page.

If AKL direct sales goes well, that could trigger AKL rofr back on. Don’t see any reason for SSR. OKW direct deal could be pushed and 2042 buyback and 2057 ignore. That’s always possible to be in play.
I believe Disney will continue to have to buy the Old key west 2042 but because they’re being forced to. They extended everyone’s land lease but it’s not widely publicized. Your contract is a land lease and when they started the extension the people that did not pay were extended. I do not own the OKW 42 because I paid for an extension but if I did, I would send it to Governor DeSantis for his help I’m positive with an explanation he would get involved lol. You Should search online and read about it.

If AKL direct sales goes well, that could trigger AKL rofr back on.
Only reason why AKV sales would go well was because of the good incentives. Now that they are gone so is most of the sale.

The incentives are a good way to clear out excess inventory.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the board sponsor holds a lot of contracts themselves, which, if true, certainly can help explain why they want prices to remain high. There was talk yesterday on the DVC Fan facebook group of a VGC contract that sold quickly at $300/point, when I clicked, that listing appeared to be one that the board sponsor owned.
I continue to not understand how the board sponsor isn’t getting got by Disney’s “no commercial activity” clause. Assuming it’s true that they own a ton of contracts, we know that they are renting off of those contracts…

I continue to not understand how the board sponsor isn’t getting got by Disney’s “no commercial activity” clause. Assuming it’s true that they own a ton of contracts, we know that they are renting off of those contracts…
Yeah, but it’s still going to be one rental per year per contract. That might be a way to get around it

Yeah, but it’s still going to be one rental per year per contract. That might be a way to get around it
I'm confused. As far as I know, there is no rule which says one rental per year per contract.

I think there's a rule which says one transfer per year per contract, but rental involves making a reservation in someone else's name, not transferring points to someone else.

I'm confused. As far as I know, there is no rule which says one rental per year per contract.
I’m not saying that, I’m saying they may only be renting once per year per contract they own which is not enough to trigger commercial activity.

I dont know how many rental they do, but you are allowed 20 rentals, per membership per year and you could have 1 membership for each available UY

I think there's a rule which says one transfer per year per contract, but rental involves making a reservation in someone else's name, not transferring points to someone else.
There are in fact rules in place

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...3nP8VWnc_BKRbxgafVlboBbfAtpDRCbfix0Y0mjejlXtg

More info can be found in this old thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-commercial-use-policy-added-to-pos.1687889/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter