ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the buyback also applies to AKV then a current member could get the points for as low as $143 pp when buying 200 points direct.

Just noticed that the AKV offer stopped at 5/1.
My guide sure didn’t tell me about the buyback for AKV. I have March UY. Would have changed my thoughts!

My guide sure didn’t tell me about the buyback for AKV. I have March UY. Would have changed my thoughts!
We almost went with direct for the ease of purchasing and buyback - but then found a contract 103 and the $40 pp and 2021 and 2022 pushed us to to resale.

Still waiting on ROFR though.

I hope you googled First American Hawaii’s phone number to initiate that conversation because I wouldn’t trust *anything* the listing agent emailed me at that point to be true and not scammy. Was it a commonly used DVC agency?

I did google everything, including the lawyer they wanted me to send money to. I think this listing company just doesn't handle a lot of DVC contracts in general, and fewer still in Hawaii, so the person I was corresponding with might not have been trained to know what to do and sent me to the proper place if I was buying a DVC in Florida. They only have twelve DVC contracts listed, and half of them are sale pending.

I did google everything, including the lawyer they wanted me to send money to. I think this listing company just doesn't handle a lot of DVC contracts in general, and fewer still in Hawaii, so the person I was corresponding with might not have been trained to know what to do and sent me to the proper place if I was buying a DVC in Florida. They only have twelve DVC contracts listed, and half of them are sale pending.

https://vacatia.com/buy-dvc-points

The monster is still asleep, and listings are down by almost 50%. It is a buying frenzy or owners are removing their listings or both!
Could the less then awesome news of VDH starting price, restrictions, etc. pushed more people who were holding out for that resort or something else direct (perhaps poly2 comes to mind) towards jumping on what options are out there or holding what they have? Perhaps not quite as crazy as what we have seen VGC but still enough of a shock to the system to move things?

I'm seeing less deals come through this thread then feb/March. also no sellers I've tried to negotiate down will budge now
If you are looking to buy, relax and take your time. There are a ton of contracts that have been for sale for months. Sooner or later reality will set in with the sellers that their asking prices are too high.

Could the less then awesome news of VDH starting price, restrictions, etc. pushed more people who were holding out for that resort or something else direct (perhaps poly2 comes to mind) towards jumping on what options are out there or holding what they have? Perhaps not quite as crazy as what we have seen VGC but still enough of a shock to the system to move things?
This is sort of what happened with us. We were waiting for VDH news. The mfs alone made it less than ideal for us buying a large chunk of points there. Then we were contemplating buying VGF direct or waiting for FW. Saw a AUL subsidized and decided to jump on it. Maybe we will add on 50-100 direct point contracts at VDH and FW in the future but becoming members now will hopefully make a direct purchase more affordable with member incentives.

Listings are absolutely not down by nearly 50% across the Board. By my count, we peaked at a total of approx 2300 listings in Feb and we still sit just below 1900 total listings today. That's less than a 20% drop and still more than 20% higher than 18 months ago. Perhaps the Board sponsor listings have decreased by a greater percentage, but there is still a lot of supply in the resale market.

I agree that sellers have stiffened a bit and some of the low prices seen in Feb/March are reported less frequently. However, I think we will now settle into a new normal where sellers will have to decide if they want to leave their contracts on the market long-term to get the prices they want or start to budge a bit on pricing.

I think some of the recent rental price decreases do not bode well for the market. If both rental pricing and Disney room pricing starts to soften, more sellers will be squeezed into a corner. I think there is a general underestimation of the support that the rental market provides to value and pricing - people don't need to have bought thousands of points with the intention of renting for this to be critical. If someone has an off year or two financially and just needs to cover their loan and annual due costs, they are in a pretty safe position now to rent with little issue (both from a timing and amount perspective). If that softens, there will be more distressed sellers with fewer options that could depress resale pricing again in the future.

Listings are absolutely not down by nearly 50% across the Board. By my count, we peaked at a total of approx 2300 listings in Feb and we still sit just below 1900 total listings today. That's less than a 20% drop and still more than 20% higher than 18 months ago. Perhaps the Board sponsor listings have decreased by a greater percentage, but there is still a lot of supply in the resale market.

I agree that sellers have stiffened a bit and some of the low prices seen in Feb/March are reported less frequently. However, I think we will now settle into a new normal where sellers will have to decide if they want to leave their contracts on the market long-term to get the prices they want or start to budge a bit on pricing.

I think some of the recent rental price decreases do not bode well for the market. If both rental pricing and Disney room pricing starts to soften, more sellers will be squeezed into a corner. I think there is a general underestimation of the support that the rental market provides to value and pricing - people don't need to have bought thousands of points with the intention of renting for this to be critical. If someone has an off year or two financially and just needs to cover their loan and annual due costs, they are in a pretty safe position now to rent with little issue (both from a timing and amount perspective). If that softens, there will be more distressed sellers with fewer options that could depress resale pricing again in the future.
Your peak is about 400 too low.

Reactions: CVG
It did for me. We had asked our guide to contact us as soon as it went on sale, but after finding out the details, we decided to pass. We do have two small VGC contracts, so we do admittedly have some option in CA (just not enough if we need more than a studio).

I'm holding out for PVB now, but I am beginning to think we aren't going to be adding on there, either, just given where it seems pricing is going.

Now if they announced Reflections again, I might change my mind. ;-)

oh yeah, i have put in offers on 10+ months, and still "no deal" from the seller. hopefully soon we will be in the right place at the right time to find our deal! :)
I have learned from this board how to identify the listing the the sponsors owned (thanks a million to those members!), and that's why some of those listings will never come down to even close to lowball price. Once I learned that, I put those listings on the bottom of my list, and I would have re-considered them if there was nothing else that sparks my interests. I was still hopeful but just didn't put a priority on them.

It did for me. We had asked our guide to contact us as soon as it went on sale, but after finding out the details, we decided to pass. We do have two small VGC contracts, so we do admittedly have some option in CA (just not enough if we need more than a studio).

I'm holding out for PVB now, but I am beginning to think we aren't going to be adding on there, either, just given where it seems pricing is going.

Now if they announced Reflections again, I might change my mind. ;-)
So, are there incentives for VDH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter