ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - "seller pays all dues" stipulation is why I purchased this contract and was included in the original listing.

I purchased through Fidelity - and because "seller pays dues" was on original listing, once we finally settled on a price, that stipulation was already part of the deal. :)
You’ve motivated me to put in another couple of cheeky low ball offers. I now think I’ve offered on every BRV contract available for my UY!

If you are that Scott (and don’t mind being identified here as a celebrity influencer), would you mind sharing your BlueSky handle, if you have one? 😀

Getting fed up now.. signed documents 4th April paid deposit 5th April received signed contract 5th April.then 18th April told there was an issue with contract and they hadn't added all the names to the sellers side ... Had to sign ammended contract and I asked if this would delay rofr was told not yet everyone else seems to have had theirs passed.. I'm freaking out as the contract has points expiring in Feb which we kind of anticipated renting out to bring the overall cost down. Was trying to rent out at the 7-11 month window as they are beach

MommaBerd---$110-$32,884-270-AKV-DEC-270/22, 540/23, 270/24 - sent 5/3

On the surface, the $ pp looks a little high, but we are going to rent all the excess points we can! I think we'll end up getting the realized cost down to below $85 pp. This one has been on the market for awhile, and I hesitated because it's a lot of points. (We also have 400 at BCV.) But, I offered $110 and the seller didn't even negotiate! It's times like that where you then wonder how low could I have actually offered?! But, it is what it is, and there's no reason to be greedy. We're happy with the outcome.

On the surface, the $ pp looks a little high, but we are going to rent all the excess points we can! I think we'll end up getting the realized cost down to below $85 pp. This one has been on the market for awhile, and I hesitated because it's a lot of points. (We also have 400 at BCV.) But, I offered $110 and the seller didn't even negotiate! It's times like that where you then wonder how low could I have actually offered?! But, it is what it is, and there's no reason to be greedy. We're happy with the outcome.
Right!?! When I finalized my contract yesterday the seller accepted my initial offer of $100/pp at AKV and I wondered the same thing.

With all those points you got a great price though!!

Such a great price with renting the points out! 😍

amazing deal! how much can you rent the points for?

Right!?! When I finalized my contract yesterday the seller accepted my initial offer of $100/pp at AKV and I wondered the same thing.

With all those points you got a great price though!!
that's great! congratulations! i haven't had the same luck with my AKV offers, but it's nice to know that the good deals are out there

amazing deal! how much can you rent the points for?
The 270 that expire in December I will probably only be able to rent for $14 pp, but the ones that don’t expire until next December will rent for $18 pp. Those prices are through brokers/intermediaries.

The 270 that expire in December I will probably only be able to rent for $14 pp, but the ones that don’t expire until next December will rent for $18 pp. Those prices are through brokers/intermediaries.
Just last week I was able to rent 199 points in five days for $16/pt on points that were going to expire in Sept. I was pleased with how quick and easy it was. Don't sell yourself short at $14! With that many points the extra $2/pt will add up.

Just last week I was able to rent 199 points in five days for $16/pt on points that were going to expire in Sept. I was pleased with how quick and easy it was. Don't sell yourself short at $14! With that many points the extra $2/pt will add up.
Good to know!!! I will definitely look at all my options!

Ashlotte---$83-$19174-200-AUL-Feb-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/13, passed 5/1

Passed! Closing costs are an estimate.

Unfortunately, they said the closing documents will come in approximate three weeks. :( I am getting antsy to get this over with to make sure those banked 2022 points don't expire and go to waste.

Well, this process has been annoying so far. The listing company didn't require a deposit when we signed our offer. Instead, a deposit was required within two days of passing ROFR. After passing, the listing agent sent me an email, asking me to fill out the attached form with my credit card information and send it to the title company, which was listed as First American Hawaii in the contract.

"Great!" I said, "But it looks like the attachment was left off of the email. Would you mind sending it over so I can make my deposit?" Then she wrote me back and instead of sending the attachment, told me to send a money order or BLANK check to a lawyer in Florida in the mail (what happened to First American Hawaii??).

I wrote back, saying I wasn't comfortable sending a blank check in the mail (who would be?), and asked if I could pay by credit card. I also asked what happened to First American Hawaii. I got no response and was getting nervous that my contract would be cancelled, since I wasn't making a payment. I called the lawyer in Florida multiple times, finally leaving a voicemail, as well as sending an email asking if I could pay by credit card.

Today I get an email from the listing agent basically saying, "Oops! Sorry. Disregard the whole Florida lawyer thing. Fill out this deposit form with credit card info and send it to Julie at First American Hawaii." (This is not a real quote... I am paraphrasing.) I also got a voicemail from the lawyer's office in Florida saying they are so sorry, but they aren't working on my account and they don't know who is.

So, I email Julie at First American Hawaii, telling her I got her name from the listing agent and asking if her email is the correct place to send my information. She doesn't answer, and I eventually decide to just email the form anyway, because we are now 48 hours post ROFR and I still haven't made a deposit.

Hours later I get an email from First American Hawaii from a different agent (not Julie) asking me to follow a link and pay online. I send her an email telling her I sent an email with a form to Julie, and asking if they are in the same office, and asking if I should pay online, since I already sent a form to someone. No response. So, I pay online, and then send an email to both of these people, telling them I sent payment info to both, and to please not charge me twice.

Arg!! I know some of this lack or response is time zone related, with the listing agent on EST, me on PST, and the title company in HST. But still....

Edited to add- I just heard back from First American and all is well. I just really need to be more patient, but the whole blank check thing seemed really odd to me.

Last edited:
Well, this process has been annoying so far. The listing company didn't require a deposit when we signed our offer. Instead, a deposit was required within two days of passing ROFR. After passing, the listing agent sent me an email, asking me to fill out the attached form with my credit card information and send it to the title company, which was listed as First American Hawaii in the contract.

"Great!" I said, "But it looks like the attachment was left off of the email. Would you mind sending it over so I can make my deposit?" Then she wrote me back and instead of sending the attachment, told me to send a money order or BLANK check to a lawyer in Florida in the mail (what happened to First American Hawaii??).

I wrote back, saying I wasn't comfortable sending a blank check in the mail (who would be?), and asked if I could pay by credit card. I also asked what happened to First American Hawaii. I got no response and was getting nervous that my contract would be cancelled, since I wasn't making a payment. I called the lawyer in Florida multiple times, finally leaving a voicemail, as well as sending an email asking if I could pay by credit card.

Today I get an email from the listing agent basically saying, "Oops! Sorry. Disregard the whole Florida lawyer thing. Fill out this deposit form with credit card info and send it to Julie at First American Hawaii." (This is not a real quote... I am paraphrasing.) I also got a voicemail from the lawyer's office in Florida saying they are so sorry, but they aren't working on my account and they don't know who is.

So, I email Julie at First American Hawaii, telling her I got her name from the listing agent and asking if her email is the correct place to send my information. She doesn't answer, and I eventually decide to just email the form anyway, because we are now 48 hours post ROFR and I still haven't made a deposit.

Hours later I get an email from First American Hawaii from a different agent (not Julie) asking me to follow a link and pay online. I send her an email telling her I sent an email with a form to Julie, and asking if they are in the same office, and asking if I should pay online, since I already sent a form to someone. No response. So, I pay online, and then send an email to both of these people, telling them I sent payment info to both, and to please not charge me twice.

Arg!! I know some of this lack or response is time zone related, with the listing agent on EST, me on PST, and the title company in HST. But still....

Edited to add- I just heard back from First American and all is well. I just really need to be more patient, but the whole blank check thing seemed really odd to me.
Yikes! Yeah the blank check thing would make me super nervous too. But glad to hear it looks like its sorting out for you.

I wouldn’t have felt comfortable sending a blank check to someone either. You did the right thing!

Ha! I love it. No, I shouldn't get into it more, but I will say I asked the broker to stop emailing me only to argue with me, and then received more responses from them, in fact, arguing with me. Haha! Amazing.
had the same experience...broker said their clients are not "desperate", and said not to submit low offers. i was really taken aback. oh well, i'll just spend my money elsewhere. :)

I hope you googled First American Hawaii’s phone number to initiate that conversation because I wouldn’t trust *anything* the listing agent emailed me at that point to be true and not scammy. Was it a commonly used DVC agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter