ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I had to really hold back on a couple of contracts as I told myself we had enough 2042 points and anything else would be a longer contract (I have one direct and 5 resale BRV contracts). Ended up getting 75 points at Aulani (So Cal member).
Also SoCal. We bought Aulani direct (~170/pt) in January on a cruise with a couple of incentives, and have our first trip over Thanksgiving. I keep telling myself we won’t buy anymore resale Aulani points until we actually visit there and see if we like it…but at some of the prices I’m seeing on this thread, it almost seems crazy not to buy more so we can stay in 2bed instead of 1. With home resort advantage, you can make $90/pt + dues back pretty quickly in rentals…. addonitis is contagious!

Also SoCal. We bought Aulani direct (~170/pt) in January on a cruise with a couple of incentives, and have our first trip over Thanksgiving. I keep telling myself we won’t buy anymore resale Aulani points until we actually visit there and see if we like it…but at some of the prices I’m seeing on this thread, it almost seems crazy not to buy more so we can stay in 2bed instead of 1. With home resort advantage, you can make $90/pt + dues back pretty quickly in rentals…. addonitis is contagious!
Especially if you can find a subsidized contract...

Once you stay in a two-bedroom there, you won't want to go back to a one-bedroom, and will definitely need more points. And you're right- with the prices as they are right now, it's hard not to buy more.

Once you stay in a two-bedroom there, you won't want to go back to a one-bedroom, and will definitely need more points. And you're right- with the prices as they are right now, it's hard not to buy more.
We’ve stayed at 2beds at BCV and gone back to 1bed and even studios when that’s what’s available— we don’t tend to spend a lot of time in our rooms, but as they kids get older they may want to bring friends and I like the idea of being able to invite family members to travel with us.

AaronEuth---$105-$14107-120-SSR-Sep-0/21, 0/22, 148/23, 120/24- sent 4/22

Little bit higher price than we would like, asking was 110; offered 95 and seller countered with $105. Resort, use year, and point totals were exactly as desired; so decided it wasn't worth difference to keep haggling.

We’ve stayed at 2beds at BCV and gone back to 1bed and even studios when that’s what’s available— we don’t tend to spend a lot of time in our rooms, but as they kids get older they may want to bring friends and I like the idea of being able to invite family members to travel with us.
I think we could do a one bedroom fine at WDW because we don't spend much time at the resort or in the room, but Aulani is a little different, since the resort shuts down pretty early and you have more downtime. Or maybe that's just the way we have done it.

Grew up taking vacations in Hawaii, including Oahu (which I actually like). Haven't stayed at Aulani, but have been to Ko Olina a few times both before and after they built the resort. We pretty much stick with 2BR's at WDW, but I can see a long weekend here and there in a studio or 1BR at Aulani as a getaway. Flights are pretty cheap and plentiful, and it's the same distance as Orlando.

I think we could do a one bedroom fine at WDW because we don't spend much time at the resort or in the room, but Aulani is a little different, since the resort shuts down pretty early and you have more downtime. Or maybe that's just the way we have done it.
Great point. For our first trip, I’ll just hope we enjoy using the balcony in the evenings. And I will keep stalking this thread to see if we can get Aulani points in the low 80s. 🤣 …plus if I add another 200 pts, it will really bring our weighted average cost down from the direct points.

Great point. For our first trip, I’ll just hope we enjoy using the balcony in the evenings. And I will keep stalking this thread to see if we can get Aulani points in the low 80s. 🤣 …plus if I add another 200 pts, it will really bring our weighted average cost down from the direct points.
For Aulani, more than any WDW resort, I'd definitely rent a car. Ko Olina is pretty out of the way and isolated (and no trade winds and little rain), and we actually prefer to spend our days either on the windward side of the island (Kailua or Kualoa) or up on the North Shore in Haleiwa or Waimea.

We just got our Aulani get sent to Rofr last week. Really hope it passes. Hoping to use the booking advantage to snag a std grand villa next summer for an extended family trip. We will be using 3 years worth of aulani points in the process and possibly our other wdw points as well 😊

For Aulani, more than any WDW resort, I'd definitely rent a car. Ko Olina is pretty out of the way and isolated (and no trade winds and little rain), and we actually prefer to spend our days either on the windward side of the island (Kailua or Kualoa) or up on the North Shore in Haleiwa or Waimea.
Aren’t these places on the Big Island - not Oahu? Or are you saying your prefer the Big Island?

Aren’t these places on the Big Island - not Oahu? Or are you saying your prefer the Big Island?

Kailua beach is on the windward side of Oahu, so is Kualoa (Ranch). Haleiwa and Waimea Valley/Falls are on the North Shore of Oahu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter