• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
StoweFoSho---$162-$22725-130-PVB-Dec-48/21, 260/22, 130/23- sent 6/10

Add-on-itis hit and I started searching for more points. Was going to go for some SSR sleep around points, but offered what I thought was a lower offer on this 130 point Poly contract that was almost the same total price. I figure that adding points at a resort where I actually want to use them is a better justification than just SAP.

The other justification is that I have three kids so I need three contracts, right?

I thought I was all of those things (flexible, off season and ok with split stays) when I bought my first contract at SSR and now here I am buying at all my fave resorts. 🤪 I learned quickly that I hate to rely on Disney transportation so location is so important to me. I just had an awful experience at Riviera with the skyliner having issues for 2 out of the 3 nights this last visit and now I don’t even want to stay a skyliner hotel if I could help it.
This is my thinking exactly. Not a fan of Disney transportation. That's why we own at resorts you can walk to at least 3 out of 4 parks.

I thought I was all of those things (flexible, off season and ok with split stays) when I bought my first contract at SSR and now here I am buying at all my fave resorts. 🤪 I learned quickly that I hate to rely on Disney transportation so location is so important to me. I just had an awful experience at Riviera with the skyliner having issues for 2 out of the 3 nights this last visit and now I don’t even want to stay a skyliner hotel if I could help it.
Skyliner resorts are not ideal between June and October due to daily thunderstorms. We owned and loved resorts where we can take bus #11, AKA our two legs. 😂

Last edited:

I don't think they will include it in the current association so they are letting people buy it up at whatever price it sits right now. Then when the new Poly 2 is up, they will sell it direct at a higher price, and once poly 1 becomes stale, they will start snatching it up at a discount. Turn around and resell it as direct, and you got yourself a profit.
I hope you are right. I love my poly the way it is and want nothing to do with the new tower😝 This makes the most sense to me. Especially since they are selling poly direct at like $250 and letting them slip through ROFR in the $150’s. This is making me think that they know people aren’t going to want it once they announce it so they aren’t buying any more. If they were going to make them all one, they would buy and just wait.

Skyliner resorts are not ideal between June and October due to daily thunderstorms. We owned and loved resorts where we can take bus #11, AKA our two legs. 😂
My trip was beginning of May so I foolishly thought I'd be safe. Weather was fine all day and it was fine when I entered the American Adventure and came out to a freak thunderstorm. I got so many steps in going between International Gateway and front of the park multiple times that weekend. This was when I also just learned there's no bus to Riviera if the skyliner is running. Asked if there is a way to check if the skyliner is running on the app.. you can't. My tower room was great with amazing views of both Epcot and MK fireworks, but with unreliable transportation my prime location resorts are looking more and more valuable to me.

This is one of the reasons I won’t buy at Riviera. It’s a gorgeous resort, but I can’t walk to any parks and it’s got an expensive point chart.
I think this is the way I'm the least like the typical DVC owner. A day in the parks is already like 10 miles of walking. I have no desire to walk MORE to get back to my resort. I'm happy to plop myself into an ice cold bus for 20 minutes.

I think this is the way I'm the least like the typical DVC owner. A day in the parks is already like 10 miles of walking. I have no desire to walk MORE to get back to my resort. I'm happy to plop myself into an ice cold bus for 20 minutes.
It’s the waiting for the bus. If my feet are going to hurt (and they do a lot) then I want to be moving and not standing still which makes them hurt so much more.

This is one of the reasons I won’t buy at Riviera. It’s a gorgeous resort, but I can’t walk to any parks and it’s got an expensive point chart.
You took the word right out of my mouth. Nothing beats seeing the massive lines at park closing(MK HS, and Epcot) and you just slowly strolling back to your prime location home resort.

I wasn’t going to buy BWV because of 2042 but that 9-points studio and 10ish minute walk to 2 parks, I was sold!

You took the word right out of my mouth. Nothing beats seeing the massive lines at park closing(MK HS, and Epcot) and you just slowly strolling back to your prime location home resort.

I wasn’t going to buy BWV because of 2042 but that 9-points studio and 10ish minute walk to 2 parks, I was sold!
That’s also why I went with BWV even though it has a 2042 expiration. If I decide not to go a year, I can rent out the points.

Stop it! I really can’t buy Beach Club right now. For my marriage sakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter