ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting

that makes sense! When I asked the concierge team what’s the longest Disney has to make a decision (60 days?), I was told “they have until the closing date”.
Exactly. Disney choosing to affirmatively send an email saying "we decided to pass on this one, you guys are good to go" is just a courtesy to buyers and sellers. They don't have to tell us at all. They could just remain silent and we'd all be left guessing right up until our closing dates.

Does anyone have a tip on when I should push my seller to bank some points that I badly need banked? Our closing date is mid-July, but it's a December Use Year so there are a full slate of 300 points that I need banked by the end of July, and I won't have the contract in time to do it myself.

Currently under contract and waiting on ROFR.
My broker said it is easier to amend after it has gone through ROFR (once the process has already started that is). So, I would say have them bank the points as soon as it passes ROFR.

Exactly. Disney choosing to affirmatively send an email saying "we decided to pass on this one, you guys are good to go" is just a courtesy to buyers and sellers. They don't have to tell us at all. They could just remain silent and we'd all be left guessing right up until our closing dates.
Now I’m questioning who decides on the arbitrary closing date? Ours is May 30!

Question, my bank (BoA) does not allow wire transfers over $1,000 (which I think is totally bazaar 🤷‍♀️). Before deciding to mail a cashiers check instead, what other options do I have for wire transfers? Any feedback on Western Union?
I was able to successfully submit the wire request online. I don’t know what the $1,000 limit I keep seeing is referring to, because they told me over the phone I should be good up to $2M! 😯

Oh, I get reimbursed for any ATM fees too. 😉

Does anyone have a tip on when I should push my seller to bank some points that I badly need banked? Our closing date is mid-July, but it's a December Use Year so there are a full slate of 300 points that I need banked by the end of July, and I won't have the contract in time to do it myself.

Currently under contract and waiting on ROFR.
i just had this happen to me today...apparently, my 150 june 2021 points were NOT banked like stated on our contract and they would have expired the end of may!!!!!!

with rofr taking a while to pass lately, i'd tell your broker to remind them to bank them now!

Question for all you helpful vets:

my use year is june. we were told that our 150 june 2021 points were banked and we were getting another 150 points in june 2022.

we got our points loaded today (yay!!!) and when i went to go book a trip for october 2022, it said i had no points available. i chatted with MS and she told me that our 2021 points hadn't been banked and we would have lost them at the end of may. fortunately, she banked them for us and now i see them under our june 2022 allotmtent.

here's my question - i SEE the 300 points under june 2022. but when i try to book a reservation on the website, it tells me i have no points available!

Not Enough Points​

You do not have enough points to book this reservation, even with banking or borrowing.

Return to Results to modify the date, Resort or room selection Or Proceed to view your contract(s).​

When I click "proceed" to view my contract, it then allows me to take the points from my contract.

does anyone know what that means??

my use year is june. we were told that our 150 june 2021 points were banked and we were getting another 150 points in june 2022.

we got our points loaded today (yay!!!) and when i went to go book a trip for october 2022, it said i had no points available. i chatted with MS and she told me that our 2021 points hadn't been banked and we would have lost them at the end of may. fortunately, she banked them for us and now i see them under our june 2022 allotmtent.

here's my question - i SEE the 300 points under june 2022. but when i try to book a reservation on the website, it tells me i have no points available!

Not Enough Points​

You do not have enough points to book this reservation, even with banking or borrowing.​

Return to Results to modify the date, Resort or room selection Or Proceed to view your contract(s).​

When I click "proceed" to view my contract, it then allows me to take the points from my contract.

Welcome to Disney IT.

Not Enough Points​

You do not have enough points to book this reservation, even with banking or borrowing.​

What dates are you trying to book?

Oh my. What a great day! First time and I passed! I’m honestly in disbelief, but am beyond excited.

Mrsjoneslilac---$123-$26951-200-SSR-Jun-0/21, 368/22, 200/23- sent 3/31, passed 4/26
1. That’s awesome! Congratulations!

2. This gives me hope. We sent a contract to ROFR on the same day so now I’m going to check my email about a million times an hour.

Oh my. What a great day! First time and I passed! I’m honestly in disbelief, but am beyond excited.

Mrsjoneslilac---$123-$26951-200-SSR-Jun-0/21, 368/22, 200/23- sent 3/31, passed 4/26
YEAH! Wow!!! Seems Disney may have slowed their roll on the buy-backs? Several of us are getting lucky to have squeaked through....

I was able to successfully submit the wire request online. I don’t know what the $1,000 limit I keep seeing is referring to, because they told me over the phone I should be good up to $2M! 😯

Oh, I get reimbursed for any ATM fees too. 😉
Well I don't want to be greedy so just wire me $1M that way there's no question if you can do it or not. 🤣 🤣

Nope. Not an international seller! They must’ve missed the board when throwing the darts at my contract in the mysterious ROFR room.
Was that in international seller? I predict a lot of people who had contracts like that taken getting upset. HAHA.
I just looked over my closing docs and it appears the sellers are from Japan! I didn’t even know I had one from an international seller. Makes more sense now.

1. That’s awesome! Congratulations!

2. This gives me hope. We sent a contract to ROFR on the same day so now I’m going to check my email about a million times an hour.
Yes, us too!! Ours was sent for ROFR on 3/31 so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter