ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a few CCV contracts. Two went through ROFR in just a little over a week. The third was sent back in the same time frame because of a mistake in the paperwork regarding a slightly extended closing. A correction was made almost immediately, but in the meantime, the employee furlough began. The waiver still came through about a week later.

Was glad to hear that Disney, as far as anyone knew, wasn’t buying back any CCV contracts. Am certainly not complaining, but does anyone know why?

Can I ask how much per point they were for?

This is my first post here, and we made our first offer just now!!! I hope to post up here soon. Found right amount of points in a March use year so it gives us some cushion to bank any cancelled October trip (our favorite time to go).

ray3127---$118-$20724-160-BWV-Oct-10/19, 320/20, 160/21- sent 5/9

I've been silently stalking the boards lately ... and finally gave in. I was gunning for closer to $110, but with the extra year's worth of banked points I was okay coming up a little. Right use year, right size, so it made sense. And we have a definite need/use for those banked points as well.

The 2019 points are banked from 2018, so those will expire worthless on Sept. 30 of this year :/ Oh well, no matter.

I've been silently stalking the boards lately ... and finally gave in. I was gunning for closer to $110, but with the extra year's worth of banked points I was okay coming up a little. Right use year, right size, so it made sense. And we have a definite need/use for those banked points as well.

The 2019 points are banked from 2018, so those will expire worthless on Sept. 30 of this year :/ Oh well, no matter.
Congratulations! I think you got a good deal! I was eyeballing that contract myself but couldn’t quite get to the point of making an offer. :)

Congratulations! I think you got a good deal! I was eyeballing that contract myself but couldn’t quite get to the point of making an offer. :)
Thank you! I feel pretty good about it. Part of me feels like it would be prudent to wait to see if prices drop later in the year, but I don't think BWV will drop too dramatically. I'd rather try to sneak by ROFR now when it's dormant, too.

I am a sucker for banked points at a fair price ... If I were to rent out the banked 2019 points with a broker at $15.50 pp, then my basis is down to $102.50 pp (since I didn't pay the dues on those points). Of course, I will be using them myself, but having "free points" helps me rationalize the decision to buy!

It would be great if you could squeeze in some last minute days, or sell them last minute if you’re able to close quickly, good luck!

Good luck. That one is nice. I had been eyeing too, but we really wanted an August UY.

We should have gone a little lower as the contract is stripped. But we thought an alright price at time until I looked at the boards. There is one for $75 a point for Aulani. What a great price if it passes. We also have a delayed closing until they use their points for 2021 this fall. So do you think ROFR will be delayed also? This is our add on, we bought our 1st contract a year ago. : ). We should have bought sooner.

Last edited:
mcgils---$90-$14193-150-SSR-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 9/20, 150/21- sent 5/10

We've been visiting SSR for the past couple of years with the in-laws and just had to buy. Tried for quite a while to get below $90, but the only contracts that matched our UY and we could get under 90 were larger than we liked. Let the waiting begin...

mcgils---$90-$14193-150-SSR-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 9/20, 150/21- sent 5/10

We've been visiting SSR for the past couple of years with the in-laws and just had to buy. Tried for quite a while to get below $90, but the only contracts that matched our UY and we could get under 90 were larger than we liked. Let the waiting begin...

May I ask for what it was listed? That's a really great price! Congrats!

There have been some really good deals going through for SSR lately! It's giving me hope! :flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter