ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up! DVC sends an email acknowledging receipt of my contract?? All I ever received is an email from the broker saying that it was sent to Disney on 4/3. If I'm supposed to get an email from DVC itself, I'll be blowing up the broker today to find out if Disney even has it.

upload_2019-4-19_9-57-51.png

Hold up! DVC sends an email acknowledging receipt of my contract?? All I ever received is an email from the broker saying that it was sent to Disney on 4/3. If I'm supposed to get an email from DVC itself, I'll be blowing up the broker today to find out if Disney even has it.

View attachment 395401

I’ve never had any direct correspondence from DVC, only my broker.

Question for the knowledgable out there. Hypothetically, if I had a 250 point contract at AKV and a 100 point contract at VBR could I book at AKV at 11 months out using all 350 points combined or just the 250 allocated to AKV?

Last edited:
Saw a fully loaded contract (even has 2017 points) and offered $35pp less than asking price just for fun. It was accepted... oops! May be back on this thread shortly..

Um, details? I may be looking for another loaded contract as the two I have in ROFR are on ALK and SSR which have a ridiculously high take rate. Feel free to PM me.

Question for the knowledgable out there. Hypothetically, if I had a 250 point contract at AKV and a 100 point contract at VBR could I book at AKV at 11 months out using all 350 points combined or just the 250 allocated to AKL?
Just the 250 AKV points at 11 months, all 350 at 7 months.

RamblinWreck---$155-$16275-100-VGF-Apr-0/18, 34/19, 100/20- sent 4/19

Closing date on contract is listed as 5/20. There are provisions to extend that should paperwork not arrive in time to make that feasible.

It’s also an international seller.

I have heard that the Mouse does not like to deal with International Sellers (from someone who used to work there) and therefore typically will pass on the contract.

This will be interesting test case; Short Close Date within 31 days vs International Seller.

As well, DVC resort is not one of those that the Mouse it taking a lot of contracts on; so, again, will be interesting what happens.

Well, for me today is day 37. I decided to go ahead and reach out to my broker. (I wonder if he reads this. ;) ) This was new info for me from him: Disney has been taking longer than usual as (believe it or not) they really only have 1 person that does ROFR @ DVC...and that person has been out on indefinite leave so people are apparently trying to pick up the slack and thus causing the longer than normal delays - again that's what we've been hearing

A bit of a different spin from what I was thinking.

Well, for me today is day 37. I decided to go ahead and reach out to my broker. (I wonder if he reads this. ;) ) This was new info for me from him: Disney has been taking longer than usual as (believe it or not) they really only have 1 person that does ROFR @ DVC...and that person has been out on indefinite leave so people are apparently trying to pick up the slack and thus causing the longer than normal delays - again that's what we've been hearing

They only have 1 person? Wow, I’m amazed anything ever gets decided!

They only have 1 person? Wow, I’m amazed anything ever gets decided!
Seems about right though really. All that person would do is look at the contracts coming in and compare them with waitlists or whatever. If that's their full time job doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to decide on 10+ contracts a day (that's being very generous time wise IMO).

Just got the call after 44 days, just happy to finally know, onto looking at other listings

Disney Doc07---$105-$11119-100-AKV-Dec-0/17, 99/18, 30/19, 100/20- sent 3/6, taken 4/19

For me this makes a big difference and agree puts a totally different spin on things. I’ve also heard there’s only 1 person handling the ROFR previously.

For me personally it’s less frustrating as they’re simply trying to cope. I always knew there’d be a slim chance of getting our contract so an extra few weeks won’t make a huge difference to us.

Yay!!! It passed today!!!

MrsBergs---$100-$12279-110-SSR-Jun-0/18, 110/19, 110/20- sent 4/3

This is a 2nd contract, our previous Saratoga got taken on ROFR

Fingers crossed!
That’s great news! Congrats! We are already thinking of adding on another 100-150 sooner than later, glad to see your 110 pass through at $100pp. Gives us an idea of what to offer and what will have a chance of passing ROFR once we find the perfect contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter