ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!! That's insane. I wonder if you will have to wait until your "close by" date for the contract to be void?

Per our contract, we can walk away at day 30.

One seller had the paperwork in around the same time we did. Per our broker the other seller is not responding to phone calls or email from her or the other seller. Unfortunately, we will be canceling the contract. It was a great price and we were really excited.

This was the first contract we have put an offer on and it has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth...

One seller had the paperwork in around the same time we did. Per our broker the other seller is not responding to phone calls or email from her or the other seller. Unfortunately, we will be canceling the contract. It was a great price and we were really excited.

This was the first contract we have put an offer on and it has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth...

Hopefully the seller isn’t purposely walking away as prices have risen recently

This happens to sellers too. I received an offer, accepted and sent in all of my paperwork. The buyer was communicating with the broker and then went MIA, not responding to calls or emails. There was a clause in mine that all paperwork and deposit needed to be received in 7 days or it was no longer valid. Grateful that it happened during the beginning and not the point your are in. Don't let one bad seller leave you with that impression of others. Wishing you pixie dust for a better contract.

Seven to ten days isn’t a long time to send back paperwork as the sellers. It’s probably average. :/ They have to get theirs notarized which takes more time than signing and picking up a check. As buyers, we are always in a hurry to close, but sometimes people (buyers and sellers) are busy, on vacation, death in the family, etc.

I get it. And I definitely understand that "Life happens" . But just to clarify, It took *us* 8 days from the day we got the emailed closing documents, to the day we got the "We received your papers and check" email. Then 7 days after that to get the "we got the sellers paperwork" email. So a total of 15 for them. Again, there could be many reasons why that happened! But like you said, as a buyer, that seemed like For.ev.er :)

Seven to ten days isn’t a long time to send back paperwork as the sellers. It’s probably average. :/ They have to get theirs notarized which takes more time than signing and picking up a check. As buyers, we are always in a hurry to close, but sometimes people (buyers and sellers) are busy, on vacation, death in the family, etc.

As an international buyer of both DVC and HGVC I recently had to get some documents notarized because The state of New York required it even as buyers. As I like to get my affairs in order ASAP and I hate waiting I had to come up with something as going to the U.S embassy had 4-5 weeks of lead time to get an appointment for the documents to be notarized. As the closing company couldn’t get the documents ready for our original vacation dates in the U.S I added a few more days in the end and eventually got the documents notarized at the BWV business center.

Had I been a seller I would have done the same as it meant I would get my money much faster. I would also hate if it was me who was the bottleneck just because I was international.

Anyone noticing “estoppel” taking a long time? Passed ROFR on 5/23, talked to title company yesterday and she said it’s still in estoppel. Pass one step wait.......pass step two wait......pass step three wait...... I know patience is the key here but, dang.

I am in the same boat :(

I just received my recorded closing documents. I waited 38 days for the waiver of the right of first refusal from Disney. However, the date the waiver was signed and notarized was only 18 after it was submitted. I wonder where it sat for 20 days?
That would be so frustrating. I know I started to be on pins and needles after 2 weeks, I can't imagine waiting all that time and then finding out it had passed 3 weeks before.

fearthisinc---$95-$21060-200-SSR-Dec-108/16, 200/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 5/1, passed 6/4
Congrats, nice contract. I hope you can use all the back points.

Day 33 - sellers have not returned documents and are not answering email/phone. Very disappointed...
That is terrible.

Jerry5788---$110-$57247-500-PVB-Dec-0/17, 185/18, 500/19- sent 5/22, passed 6/5

Shocked it passed and wonder if it was a mistake
WOW! You got the deal of the year.

I am in the same boat :(
Me too, I am still waiting. Estoppel seems to be taking longer than I expected, but I have a close date of 6/18 on my contract, so I assume they have to have it done by then.

mharvey23---$113-$12471-100-AKV-Oct-0/17, 200/18, 100/19- sent 5/28

Fingers crossed.
Good luck!

mlittig---$150-$8457-50-BWV-Aug-0/16, 0/17, 50/18, 50/19- sent 5/18, passed 6/5

I am now 3 for 3 in the Disney ROFR department so I am definitely quitting while I am ahead :rotfl2:

And my Old Key West contract closed today so only 2 - 3 more weeks before I can create my DVC member account and book my first DVC trip :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter