ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 10. I just want an answer either way. $135pp for PVB should fly under the radar, shouldn't it?

I keep trying to join your club. If prices stay this high, I may try again. The question is whether to add BLT or VGF.

(Should have bought more VGF points in the first place... :sad2:)

I thought BWV was going to be the next purchase? :-D

I only started researching DVC in Jan of this year. Have direct prices ever gone down? Say, during the Great Recession?
Yes they have. Vero Beach went down this year if you were to buy it direct. But no way is any theme park one going down.

Yes they have. Vero Beach went down this year if you were to buy it direct. But no way is any theme park one going down.

I agree. They didn't decrease direct pricing during the last recession. Resales will probably take a hit, but Disney won't drop direct prices the way you are thinking. I believe they will just offer more incentives which thereby reduces the price without it being listed as less money. However, as long as the economy is booming, it isn't going to happen.

MickeyReeds---$135-$23333-160-BLT-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 4/16, passed 5/7

Doing the happy dance tonight! Just heard from our broker! We were starting to get worried it was going to be snatched by the mouse! We are excited to be part of the club!

Congrats, MickeyReeds and welcome home :yay:

I have been scouring the resale sites since my contract was taken, and I am seeing so few AKV contracts period, let alone where I need them. :sad1: It stung a little when I saw "my" contract still on Fidelity's website as "sale pending" :crutches:Ouch.

I have been scouring the resale sites since my contract was taken, and I am seeing so few AKV contracts period, let alone where I need them. :sad1: It stung a little when I saw "my" contract still on Fidelity's website as "sale pending" :crutches:Ouch.

Fidelity's website is very slow to update information.

rundisney79---$100-$54775-500-BWV-Feb-500/17, 500/18, 500/19, 500/20- sent 4/10, taken 5/4

I fixed my post :-) Also I put the wrong take date. I was looking at it and it was 26 days! I put the week before. I am still in mourning - so forgive me lol

Last edited:
3 weeks 4 days for our OKW contract so optimism is waning but we shall see. If they take this one, which will make the 2nd OKW in a row, we will probably switch up resorts to one of our other favorites (BCV) for the next try.

3 weeks 4 days for our OKW contract so optimism is waning but we shall see. If they take this one, which will make the 2nd OKW in a row, we will probably switch up resorts to one of our other favorites (BCV) for the next try.
I’m 3weeks 2 days for my OKW contract as well! I too am feeling it’s a loss! Good luck to you.. I also am thinking of a different resort next.

rundisney79---$100-$54775-500-BWV-Feb-500/17, 500/18, 500/19, 0/20- sent 4/10, taken 4/27

When disney takes a huge contract like this can they split it up into smaller contracts? I am sort of assuming they can - which is rubbish, but I'm just curious.

rundisney79---$100-$54775-500-BWV-Feb-500/17, 500/18, 500/19, 0/20- sent 4/10, taken 4/27

That stinks. I'm sorry they took this one. What a great price. On the bright side, you just saved over $50K!

When disney takes a huge contract like this can they split it up into smaller contracts? I am sort of assuming they can - which is rubbish, but I'm just curious.

You are correct. With them selling BWV at $171pp, that is a very large margin for them to work with. Also, those 2017 points will be used for OTUP when people call in and need them.

Yes. They can easily split them. They can combine too but that is tougher. In order to combine they need to be the same unit. But splitting is very easy for them to do

Yes. They can easily split them. They can combine too but that is tougher. In order to combine they need to be the same unit. But splitting is very easy for them to do

It's not really harder to combine. Each unit is a bucket of points. This puts 500 into a bucket along with whatever else is in there, and now they'll sell in whatever increments people are looking to buy.

So sorry... wondering how there can be zero points for 2020? Is this a possible typo?

Definitely a typo, but we'll let it slide this time. Heh. Bummer, but I guess $100 is way below direct at a popular resort and they want to nudge up the prices a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter