• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR strikes again

Sorry to bring back a 2 month old thread...

What happens to your escrow payment if Disney does exercise ROFR? I assume the escrow company just cuts you a return check?

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-march-19-report/
It seems you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting hit with ROFR at AKL so Im a little nervous. Seems odd they cash your check before they know that answer it would make more sense just to hold it until then. We offered at 106 dollars so not a huge bargin or anything, but I see Disney picked several up in the price range this year.

The deposit is a payment to signify you are serious in your intentions to purchase. ie - putting some skin in the game. It needs to be cashed in order to be complete otherwise no one would know if it even was an actual deposit or just a piece of paper.

Busted. ROFRd. I could feel it in my bones for some reason. Resubmitted a 100% identical offer from another seller. Here we go again!
It might not be 100& identical...it could (and probably is) in a different residential unit, hopefully DIS needed the last RU and not this one. Best of luck

Just keep going. My last one, I had 2 taken but was third time lucky - but I was nearing the cut off I needed the points for so slightly overpaid on the last one, seller had banked points so I just paid what he was holding out for.

We just lost our attempt at a OKW 250 point contract at $100 per point. This was our first attempt. Kind of disheartening.

We just lost our attempt at a OKW 250 point contract at $100 per point. This was our first attempt. Kind of disheartening.

It is frustrating they took TWO of our AKV contracts until we started looking for ones in the $112 range.Thats interesting though for your contract as Disney seems to have about a $99 max at OKW. But your contract could have been attractive for other reasons such as use year. Find one for $102-$103 and you'll have a better shot of making it through. Good luck!

Disney maxed paid.
Monthly-High-Buy-Backs-12.6.2019-2.jpg

Sorry to hear that.
Keep looking.
You may even find a better one.
Nobody knows how they decide what contracts to take and what ones to pass through. One guess is they are more likely to take a contract if they have a big demand for direct contracts to that resort..

It is frustrating they took TWO of our AKV contracts until we started looking for ones in the $112 range.Thats interesting though for your contract as Disney seems to have about a $99 max at OKW. But your contract could have been attractive for other reasons such as use year. Find one for $102-$103 and you'll have a better shot of making it through. Good luck!

Disney maxed paid.
Monthly-High-Buy-Backs-12.6.2019-2.jpg
Use year means nothing now for ROFR reasons. DVD can change the use year to any they want and resell it.

I had two OKW contracts at $96 and $98 (with no closing costs) get ROFRd recently. AKV and OKW are getting lots more attention. I feel your pain. My son asked why Disney didn't want us to have DVC. :sad:

We moved our sights to SSR and just passed at $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter