Rock the Universe Crowds

Mburr

Earning My Ears
I am staying at Universal over the 2023 Rock the Universe event. Does anyone know if the crowd from the event effects the park crowds the week before or after? I am taking my mom to celebrate her 65th birthday and I really want it to be special so I am concerned about elevated crowd levels. Also does it make the Universal hotels really busy or loud? Thanks for any help!!

Only speaking from my experience last year, it wasn’t overly crowded. We had express pass and did everything we wanted multiple times (expect hagrids as it was freezing that weekend and it had crazy delays, so we skipped, also no hulk as my daughter was to short).

I will say it was chilly so maybe it kept people away, I mean freezing winter coat and gloves weather. But we had fun and did everything, hotel didn’t seem any more crowded then normal.

Last edited:
There may not be much historical info for you that isn’t affected greatly by Covid travel and restrictions.

Rock the Universe used to be held in early September. And no in September it never made the parks or hotels feel overly crowded.

I believe it just changed to January dates very recently (like 2019? Or 2020?) so besides one or two years pre covid you won’t have anyway to compare January crowds.

I believe it got bumped so HHN could start earlier.

January travel in Florida can be more crowded than September, but I don’t think you will have to worry.

bumping this as I literally just realized we're going over this event...any tips or pointers for a first time Universal person? Things to avoid or things to do?

We are going to Rock the Universe for the first time. Does anybody know if Express Pass is needed during the event? Thanks!

Bumping this up to read the experiences of people who were there at this year's Rock The Universe. Interested in hear to what extent the parks felt more crowded than what would be otherwise be expected for a late January time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter